Important: 405Th & Child's Play Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I come before you with a very important message today.

childsplaycharity-art.png

In 2007, 8-Bit Brigade raised $485 for Child’s Play.

In 2008, they raised $1,140.

This year, their goal is $1,500, and we’ll need your help to hit that lofty mark! Check out the event page at 8bitbrigade.com for more details and complete rules.

As you can see, they have some awesome prizes in their raffle this year, including Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time for the PlayStation 3, Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero bundles, signed albums from MC Frontalot, download codes for Wits & Wagers and Defense Grid, a plush Maw (from the Xbox Live Arcade game “The Maw”), PAX Swag Packs, t-shirts, posters, and more!

It’s only a dollar per ticket this year, and you can buy as many tickets as you want to increase your odds of winning. You can win multiple prizes, and if you end up with a prize you don’t want or can’t use, you’ll be able to trade with your fellow winners or let us put the item up for bid (with all proceeds going to Child’s Play, of course).

We know that times are tough for a lot of people right now, and you may not have as much money to donate to charity as you did in years past, but every dollar helps! If you’re unable to donate money, why not spread the word to friends and family? If we can get the word out to a wide audience, I’m sure we can hit our goal even in these difficult financial times. The event ends on December 12th, so don’t put it off until later!

A final note, myself in cooperation with Hawty McBloggy is putting up for auction one Mark VI helmet fully painted, with lights and a dual visor that is fully adjustable for any head size. All proceeds will be going to Child’s Play charity. If you have a finished high quality Halo helmet that you’d like to donate to be auctioned for this charity please get in contact with me and give yourself a big pat on the back for helping out children who won’t be getting Christmas/Hanukkah presents this year in Childrens Hospital’s world-wide.

If you’d like to learn more about Child’s Play please visit their About section.

NOTE: If you end up making a donation please leave a note somewhere that you are from the 405th.

'Tis the season!

Cheers,

Kensai

EDIT: It was just announced Bungie has joined the list and dumped a full bag of schwag for you to win including autographed ODST & Reach posters, shirts, remote control wathogs and more.

LastSpartan said:
Donated!

Great initiative.

You did a great deed today, you've just given some very sick kid surrounded by the dying and the sick a moment of joy. You're a good man LS.

Cheers,

Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
kensai111 said:
You did a great deed today, you've just given some very sick kid surrounded by the dying and the sick a moment of joy. You're a good man LS.

Cheers,

Kensai

That's where you get the quote : It's better to give than to receive. You just feel better and I don't need the money ;)

Posted this on my personnal website and it will be on the Halo.fr website soon, with a little surprise ;)

Brandon McClain said:
Where are y'all doing the auction for the helm??

eBay...?

I'll donate when I can, I literally have no money in my Paypal right now.

To be honest I'm not sure if Hawty McBloggy is going to host the auction or if we're sending it to 8-bit Brigade. That's yet to be determined. I'll give you the full details on the helmet as soon as I know. Everything minus the visor is installed as of right now. I'm putting the visor in as we speak. If you'd like to keep up with the progress of the helmet I have a WIP thread going on here: http://www.hawtymcforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2562

As for now you can't go wrong with a $1 raffle entry to win autographed Bungie merch.

Cheers,

Kensai

PS: Thanks for the sticky Mods - this is a great cause, please keep this topic alive.

Sorry for the double post Belakor (or whoever gets here first) but *BUMP* we have two days left on the charity and $500 left to raise. Do it to it peeps! It's a $1 entry for tons of autographed Bungie merch and a whole slew of other awesome stuff - do you really need that one dollar that bad? There's over 1,000 member visits DAILY if even half of you donated a buck you'd smash the record.

Cheers,

Kensai

Schweeeet! We hit the $1,500 goal. News regarding the Mark VI helmet I'll be auctioning off - from what I hear Hawty McBloggy will be auctioning it off on E-bay so I'll be sure to make a post when that goes down. NOW if you still want to donate for a chance to receive one of those many many cool things over at 8-BIT Brigade THIS IS YOUR LAST DAY. YOU HAVE UNTIL 11:59PM.

Cheers,

Kensai

Laird MacLean got with Soaring Hammer and we will be donating one of our very own Chris (Sigma-LS) Mark V Helms. These things are a beauty and retro. Laird will be taking it to Bungie to get signed before the auction. All proceeds go to Childs Play. Thank you Pete Cooper for suggesting us and thank you Chris for casting this beauty.

Ithica

Yeah, Laird does a LOT of stuff for Child's Play throughout the year. Trooper0621 posted a topic here about Laird's donations last year and the 405th forum members' involvement. Laird's journal over on Rooster Teeth has a final list of all the things he managed to collect, resulting in a total raised of over $2000!

Glad to see the Soaring Hammer is getting in on this action as well! I know they'll be able to get him some very high quality items.

Yeah, Laird does a LOT of stuff for Child's Play throughout the year. Trooper0621 posted a topic here about Laird's donations last year and the 405th forum members' involvement. Laird's journal over on Rooster Teeth has a final list of all the things he managed to collect, resulting in a total raised of over $2000!

Glad to see the Soaring Hammer is getting in on this action as well! I know they'll be able to get him some very high quality items.

Will there be a 2010 ChildsPlay?

Yes, it is good for the society, i visited the link, thanks a lot, however, everything you have mentioned here is really very appreciative.

What a fab idea!

I've been considering organising for my Super Smash group to go visit a children's hospital sometime next year, and now I feel like I haven't been doing enough! haha

You really done a great job. I appreciate your this act of kindness. God helps you for your future plannings. I like it.

We know that times are tough for a lot of peo*ple right now, and you may not have as much money to donate to char*ity as you did in years past, but every dol*lar helps! If you’re unable to donate money, why not spread the word to friends and fam*ily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back