Schaeden's Odst Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotpapakilo

Jr Member
Ive got a thread for my helm and my pistol wip but I figured I would throw the whole wip together in one thread.

Update on helm: got the second layer of resin on and am really liking the results so far

[attachment=14127:DSCF4833.JPG]

Update on chestplate: started and finished pepping today, might start resin tomorrow!

[attachment=14128:DSCF48401.jpg]

No update on the pistol!

Things are starting to go faster for me so hopefully I can have more pieces soon!!

Very nicely done! After that helmet, it's pretty much all downhill... until you get to the legs... but other than that, it's a cakewalk.

NAGA said:
Very nicely done! After that helmet, it's pretty much all downhill... until you get to the legs... but other than that, it's a cakewalk.

Ya thats kinda what I figured... so I thought I would go ahead and knock the legs out next... about a quarter done with the the first one

Last edited by a moderator:
yea its definitely a challenge!! haha but its rewarding once its done

Update on shin:

Just finished pepping the front of my first shin/leg piece!

[attachment=14223:DSCF48431.jpg]

Schaeden said:
yea its definitely a challenge!! haha but its rewarding once its done

its crazy that it was your first helm. you are good sir.

oh and the shin pep looks great

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, great work on that shin. This is one of the cleanest pep work I've seen. What sort of glue are you using?

BTW, try to avoid double posting. Just edit the previous post if you want to add something.

Your pepping is looking pretty good. :)

I did do an ODST and was working on DARE, but I never completely finished it. I ONLY wanted it for the release! lol

I didn't like how the back shin piece came out. There was just something about it that I didn't like. And I ended up doing a scratch build for the front shin pieces.

Well, project has been on the backburner lately but got some progress done today :)

I ordered a trial size of the smooth cast 300 and it came in today so I dove right in and put in in the helm. Let me tell you this is the way to go!! It was super easy, super fast, and I would say that it is stronger than fiberglass!! Here is a picture of the inside of the helm after smooth casting:

[attachment=14742:photo.jpg]

We've got a freeze coming in soon so I'll have a bunch of time to work on this!! So hopefully more progress very soon!

Yeah, the slush cast method (smoothcast) is really great. I don't think I'll ever use the fiberglass method ever again.

But the progress is looking good so far. Really nice and clean. Great job! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back