Dancin_Fool's 3D Model Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dancin I'm 5ft 8 so I'm guessing I need to scale them 4cm /40mm smaller for me then ...I think thats right ..1cm per inch or I may be wrong

Or did you use a mathmatecal formulation for this build ?

Ow and dont forget to add the supports to the shoulders and the kneck if possible please:)

I've re-unfolded the back-piece of the torso to better suit my tastes, and in the process reduced it from 25 pages to 14). I figured I'd post a link here for those might be interested in saving a little cardstock. It's the same scale as Superman's original unfold.

http://www.4shared.com/file/190885011/59309731/IronManBack_by_Dancing_Fool_Un.html

EDIT: Having just printed it off, I found some pieces that didn't quite fit on the paper. But that should all be fixed now. Link updated with current version.

Remraf said:
I've re-unfolded the back-piece of the torso to better suit my tastes, and in the process reduced it from 25 pages to 14). I figured I'd post a link here for those might be interested in saving a little cardstock. It's the same scale as Superman's original unfold.

http://www.4shared.com/file/190885011/59309731/IronManBack_by_Dancing_Fool_Un.html

EDIT: Having just printed it off, I found some pieces that didn't quite fit on the paper. But that should all be fixed now. Link updated with current version.

Damn!... and I thought mine was eco friendly, plus it is a great looking unfold!. Now do the front please.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow great job on arranging the unfold! I'll add a link to your unfold on the first post if that's alright.

I've got some updated renders of my latest progress. I've got the majority of the arm done to a point that I'm fairly happy with. I just have the hand plate and some of the glove to model and then I'll add supports and upload for someone to unfold. Updates will probably be a little slower now that the holidays are over.

Front of the arm

ironarm.jpg

Back of the arm

ironarm2.jpg

Arm with the body

ironarmorjan7.jpg

Dancin_Fool said:
Wow great job on arranging the unfold! I'll add a link to your unfold on the first post if that's alright.

I've got some updated renders of my latest progress. I've got the majority of the arm done to a point that I'm fairly happy with. I just have the hand plate and some of the glove to model and then I'll add supports and upload for someone to unfold. Updates will probably be a little slower now that the holidays are over.

Front of the arm

ironarm.jpg

Back of the arm

ironarm2.jpg

Arm with the body

ironarmorjan7.jpg

Wow it is really coming along. Nice mesh I have to say, especially the torso. I think your torso is probably the best yet.

Would it be considered perverted to wolf whistle at a model?.:)

Great update DF. Thankfully it's the weekend so I may get time to actually build something .

Rebostar said:
Would it be considered perverted to wolf whistle at a model?. :)

Great update DF. Thankfully it's the weekend so I may get time to actually build something .

Hahaha that's awesome, can't wait to start seeing things coming together. I loved seeing the progress in Tim's thread seeing a physical representation of the model.

I'll hopefully have something up for download next weekend, I have a milestone at work next Friday so I won't have much time to work on it during the week.

The neck is not overly flexible, it's all one piece. You would want to either use it as a template and build it out of craft foam instead of cardstock or like use the pepakura as a mold and cast it in something more flexible

Dancin_Fool said:
The neck is not overly flexible, it's all one piece. You would want to either use it as a template and build it out of craft foam instead of cardstock or like use the pepakura as a mold and cast it in something more flexible

Thanks for the info. What would you use for the eyes, so you can see through but others cant see in?

Dude you totally made my day! Very nice models on the arm there. I really need them :)

My armor is starting to use almost exclusively your models! :D

Very nice.

BY680 said:
when you gunna upluad legs arms shoes hands and stuff

Have some patience...

Please actually read the posts made in the thread so you know what's up .

The mesh of parts only has what you see for now and the arms aren't ready yet

What's with the " gimme gimme gimme" attitude.

People do this as a hobby in their free time.

Don't forget that

Remraf said:

Wow, that's awesome man. That's gonna be uber handy when I finally do my own build.

BY680 said:
when you gunna upluad legs arms shoes hands and stuff

The arms will hopefully go up next weekend, aside from that it's a case of being ready when they're ready. Have quite a bit of other things going on so I only work on this when I have some spare time between other projects. I'll keep everything posted though as progress is made :D

Amen Superman! Just be appreciative of the fact that DF is putting out these files for free.

I believe DF also did state that the files would be a little slower coming out because the holidays were over.

So please be patient.

Rebostar said:
Would it be considered perverted to wolf whistle at a model?. :)

No, but getting inside the acceptable bounds of personal space might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back