Troopers Mk-Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Anderson said:
thanks! im assuming that they were pretty easy?

EDIT: how fid you size them? the numbers say that they are pretty wide. or did you just print off as is and go from there. also if you did that, how well do they fit?

i scaled them as big as i could fit onto the paper, and when i put them on they fit really good, just had to

cut the opening around the hand a little bit bigger, they could be about 10 cm longer but i didnt mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
got some more peping done over the last few days. had the left shoulder peped but put some rondo in a spot that i knew i would sand through

the paper, but i think it might have gotten a bit too hot an worped a part of it an it would be too much time to bondo it, so i scrapped it

and started on the cod piece you see below. took the pics and resined it and its drying as i post the pics.

so in a few more days i should have it fiberglassed an bondo work getting started. so check back then on the progress :D

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

thought i would post a quick update. got the cod piece bondoed pretty good and just put some primer on to bring out the defects and probably will be doing

some more bondo and sanding work tomorrow, so heres a quick pic and the next pictures should be of the part finished an painted :D

Clipboard01.jpg

Very nice pepwork. I almost can't get over how smooth those forearms are. Is that just a plain sanded bondo job or did you do something else?

Cheers!!!

hey thanks everyone for the comments.

yeah the forarms are just bondo, and then rondo on the inside so i could sand through the paper and get the corners smoothed out and a thin layer of bondo on top

Heres the pictures of my finished cod piece, wish the pictures were a little better, but im not home in the day time to take better ones

hope you all enjoy :D

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

Wow... You really do churn these pieces out! Nice weathering/ scarring job. Not too much, so it doesn't take away from the piece. So where's the switch (sorry for my RvB references... :p)

Cheers!

Hey everyone thanks for looking an for the comments, every comment makes me want to one-up my self on the next piece i make haha

NoDayLikeDoomsday said:
Nice, how are you achieving that scraped-up weathering on your edges? Very realistic.

thanks! i use a corse bristle paing brush, just a cheap $.89 one and spray the end of the brush with silver paint.

theres a really good sticky on how to do weathering, ---> http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3395

One up this. Your work is featured in this week's W.I.P. Wednesday article posted here. Check it out. That's for all of you, not just the OP.

first i want to say a huge thanks for having me as the weeks featured WIP! made my day for sure, no scratch that made my month haha. :D

I have been putting the pep models out pretty fast past few weeks, but kinda slowed down on this last one

been crazy busy at work an wanted to hang out with the g/f a bit so so doesnt get jealous of me an the chief

hanging out so much lol. but i did get one pep done this last week so heres some pics.

also make sure you check back later in the week because ill be using some different bondo tricks and paint

weathering tricks i learned.

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

got a little more done on my parts this weekend. i will be slowing down on the mk-vi to work on rundowns reach helmet, i will have another thread for

that one. but i will still be working on the mk-vi so keep checking back

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

This is quite a valiant effort at making the suit, i must say, i don't think i've ever seen a more impressive build. Although about the thigh pieces (cuisses), i don't suppose anyone could point me to a pdo. model that includes the inside part, you know, the black thing (lol)

KevlarSpartan said:
This is quite a valiant effort at making the suit, i must say, i don't think i've ever seen a more impressive build. Although about the thigh pieces (cuisses), i don't suppose anyone could point me to a pdo. model that includes the inside part, you know, the black thing (lol)

here you go bro. Whole suit is there.

http://sites.google.com/site/soullesssin/Home/armor-files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back