Troopers Mk-Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been a member since October and have been working away on my MK-VI and have been on the site every day reading the forums and taking in as much as i can.

ive seen some Amazing armor on here and some not so good armor. but anyways i decided to start posting my progress and see what other member think, good or bad.

its taking me a average of 3 days to pep a single part, but im not trying to rush anything. I have the time and the budget to see this project through to the end

so i hope people follow my progress and il will keep updating as progress continues

IMG00103.jpg

this helmet i didnt like an scrapped it

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

i have more pics, but didnt want my first post too pic heavy

Hey that's looking good!!

I don't mean for this to be a nooby question if in fact it is but... what did you do to the model on the left to make it look so intense? (i couldn't tell... is it a strengthener detailer or like plastic?)

Lmnospartan said:
Hey that's looking good!!

I don't mean for this to be a nooby question if in fact it is but... what did you do to the model on the left to make it look so intense? (i couldn't tell... is it a strengthener detailer or like plastic?)

hey thanks! the left one is coated with rustiolium sandable primer

Last edited by a moderator:
insanetrooper said:
hey thanks! the left one is coated with rustiolium sandable primer

Whoa thanks for the quick reply! (i'm surprised about that being primer, because it looked unlike paper but whatever)

Why did you use primer?

sorry about the bad links before, had a noob moment putting them on- thanks Adam, used your advice an got them working

anyways heres my hand plates, they are the same size but the right one looks smaller in the pic

IMG_0423.jpg

nope still cant see it. if using photobucket, copy the direct link and post it here. that should work. but are those medium or high definition arms?edit never mind, i can see them now.

Lmnospartan said:
Whoa thanks for the quick reply! (i'm surprised about that being primer, because it looked unlike paper but whatever)

Why did you use primer?

well after bondo, i used filler primer, then sanded, then the black primer you see and wet sanded that, then primer again, then final paint

but no the primer isnt the final paint. (sorry getting the pic links fixed right now)

Adam Anderson said:
nope still cant see it. if using photobucket, copy the direct link and post it here. that should work. but are those medium or high definition arms?edit never mind, i can see them now.

i used the medium def forarms by flyingsquirl

Adam Anderson said:
did you unfold them? because i have them but they arent unfolded.

Ral Partha posted an unfold in flying squirl's topic on Page 61-63 (can't remember which, it's on of those).

But very nice work, came out quite well. I like the weathering, too!

Adam Anderson said:
thanks! im assuming that they were pretty easy?

They're basically the Robogenesis forearms with four or five details added in, but it cuts down a lot on bondo work required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back