Reach Scratch Build !updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5p3r

Ok guys i decided to try my hand at sculpting something and im working the new EVA shoulder piece from reach. here are a couple pics. be easy on me this is my first time ever working with clay

here is wat i started out with just a cardboard base

gallery_12498_1910_114312.jpg

next i added a first thick layer of clay

gallery_12498_1910_602478.jpg

then after adding the large hump in the middle i began to sculpt and this is what i have so far

gallery_12498_1910_581040.jpg

i know its not perfect but i have a long way to go and am learning as i go. So what do you guys think

It's looking pretty good. It looks pretty symmetrical to me. I seem to have a problem with making things symmetrical when it comes to clay so I don't think I will be doing any clay models any time soon, or ever at all! lol

Which clay are you using? The overall smoothness should be done at last, don't worry about it for now ;)

This is in the wrong section by the way.

I was not sure where to put it thats why i put it like all my works in the noob forum if a mod wants to move it thats fine with me. i am useing Van Aken oil based modeling clay.

im not sure really what i will do after the shoulder. I may try my hand at maybe a sculpt in two parts of the womans arm. thats would be cool.

Well i belive i have finished my shoulder. the back side is never shown so i gave it the same detail as the side the knife attachs to minus the square detail. I dont know how to make molds or anything so i will be looking for someone who does. I am willing to work out a deal with who ever wants to do this for me. So what do you guys think

gallery_12498_1910_418941.jpg
gallery_12498_1910_546199.jpg
gallery_12498_1910_417971.jpg

to me it looks alittle like it but there is also alot of differences. i think they may have used it for a base.

haloreachworldpremiereb.png
%28HD%29Security_Shoulders_Vrogy.PNG

WOW! im honored!

EDIT: sense i have this about 90 persent done until it can be shipped out to my new partner in crime Xtreme TACTICS 101. here are two more pics with more detail added, some screw holes like xtreme had said to add more realism to the peice after he receives the the plaster mold(thanks you Link for the idea and info) he will add his own detail and smoothing to it. after that its off the casting. i hope everyone likes it as much as i do. thank you again for noticing my little piece of work,

s7.jpg
s8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome Kasper, love it! The attention to detail is awesome. How many hours did it take you? I haven't worked with clay before and was curious as to build time etc. Should I hit you up with a PM about the pulls, or should that be saved for ExtremeTactics?

thanks man in total i guess not long really maybe 4 to 5 hours really. spread out over days, as for the casts youll have to talk to xtreme when he receives the piece itll be up to him with the rest. just a size note. it is sized to my muckal shoulder i got from Newspartancreator. it is about 13in tall but starts at about mid bicep, just some info that way people can have a reference of the size

Can't wait to recieve this bad boy in the mail! I really look forward to putting the final details and doing the molding and casting.

Excelent craftsmenship on Kasper's part. This is a beautiful piece of armour, and I will be very happy to be able to add it to my growing collection of molds.

And don't worry mate, like I said before, you will recieve due credit for this piece! Its awesome!

As for the casts, I will be taking over for that after I have me and Kasper's deal finalized and I ship his out and he recieves his pulls. I don't want to do any selling before Kasper and I are happy with everything (detailing of the part, and the deal we have layed out).

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back