3Ds Max Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason225

Is there a way to rotate an object so that two vertices are lined up along a specific axis? So far I have only been able to take my best guess at how well they line up.

And I hate to ask, but how do I merge two objects into one?

If your object is an editable poly you can just click attach and select the object you want to merge. For lining up vertices along a specific axis, again it needs to be an editable poly but select vertex and there's a button in the editable poly for vertices that says align and then x,y,z. Just choose the axis you want those verts to align to. It's very helpful when you're trying to get a bunch of vertices lined up.

Dancin_Fool said:
If your object is an editable poly you can just click attach and select the object you want to merge. For lining up vertices along a specific axis, again it needs to be an editable poly but select vertex and there's a button in the editable poly for vertices that says align and then x,y,z. Just choose the axis you want those verts to align to. It's very helpful when you're trying to get a bunch of vertices lined up.

Thanks a bunch man, I am editing those shoulders I put up and I sat here trying to figure this out forever. I always use editable mesh, which is probably why I never figured it out .

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just realized two things.

a.) This is not at all what I meant to do, I was looking to rotate an object so that the vertices are lined up without changing the object's geometry.

b.) I also realized that you can do what you said in Editable Mesh.

Does anyone know of any way to do this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back