Kodoreis Odst Costume Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodorei

I will edit the latest finished pictures here, you can find more pictures in the thread:

MrBungle's helmet, painted by me.

img1295t.jpg

My finished chetplate:

img1313y.jpg

The spoiler is just here to reduce page lenght:

Hi!

So I'm starting to build an ODST costume as I wait for more supplies to finish my BR.

The armor will be mostly off scratch build from cardboard/foamboard etc.

The project will not follow along the lines of the original or the new WETA videos, or any other gameplay.

I will try to make a costume that would be as comfortable as possible, as though i will propably add alot of my own stuff in to the suit and look at alot of reference pictures to make a suit that would be accurate but manuevarable. I will be mixing alot of the different styles as seen in Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, the WETA videos, concept art etc.

I made a blueprint of the chestplate I'm making (colors indicate the level of depth). Not the best photoshop around, but should get me started :p

http://img6.yfrog.com/img6/1889/chestplate.jpg

I will make the orange/red'ish areas detachable and connected with hinges for more manuevarability.

I will post frequent updates and hope to get feedback/criticism from you guys :)

If there is anything that i should know about the suit and which armor pieces are for example annoying to wear, please point it out to me so that I can try to tackle the problem in my project without re-doing too much of the stuff.

Thanks for all of the help, you are a great forum!

Man!

seeing work like makes me confused about what to make once ive done my recon.

i was thinking maybe hayabusa, but work like this makes me think odst.

Okay, so I got the chestplate almost done, I just need to add my Halo gamer ID (1 letter 2 number code) and a UNSC sticker to the right.

Other then that it's finished, my custom action figure (the one I play with on Live) rejoices the wonderful logo.

img1313y.jpg

img1321l.jpg

The logo didnt come out a 100% I'll try to fix it... The edges sort of blurred out, bad masking from me :(

Sorry for the double, but I got a small update here:

img1515o.jpg

I added "UNSCN" (navy) on the bottom, my surname on the top, "X71" on the right "intersection" and free handed the UNSCDF logo on the right.

Tell me what you think, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back