Props World Of Warcraft: Mohawk Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

contec

Jr Member
I got an request from my sister if i have or did know, where to get a grenade. I thought that sounded a little ODD coming from her so i asked a little more and it turned out she wanted to give her boyfriend the Mohawk grenade. She had planned on getting a toy grenade and paint it gold and give him.

I told her that i could make a much nicer one for her.

Hope you enjoy it as much as i have building it...Next year im going to make my own and make it more accurate and nicer :) :thumbsup

Btw: Here are Mr T commercial for the Night elf mohawk grenade

/Conny

Building the grenade:

First i though of making it out of super sculpey but then i thought of Pepakura. So i started making a 3d model of the grenade and unfolded it in pepakura designer.

The first papermodel that i built was too big because i had read the measurement wrong.

The third or forth one was the perfect size.

So i built it and cut a square hole in the top then i pored a little Polyurethane resin into it and slushed it around until it had harden. Then i pored a tiny bit more into it and used tape to seal the hole at the top and turned the whole thing upside down.

When it had dried i peeled away the paper and there was the grenade :)

I used an Xacto blade to cut the "damage" into it and used bondo to connect the resin dome part which i had also used pepakura to make.

Grenade primed and testing size for handle, and feathers. The white one are from my sisters cockatoo's and the a friends peacock.

Handle made from styrene and bondo.

Test fitting

Big ring made from layered styrene and small rings cut from a plastic pipe.

Big leap forward....Painted.. Copper for the grenade part, mattblack for the handle.

Photo shoot..

photo11jt.jpg
photo9s.jpg

photo6id.jpg
photo4y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never played WoW, but I do want one of those grenades!

Great job on the build dude! You should send one out the the game's company. You might get something cool!

-Pony

Wow, if you really wanted to you could mold that puppy and sell off a few

casts. I'm sure you could find a couple people interested in buying one.

The craftsmanship on it is really really nice, especially for being so

simple. Kudos to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back