Nintendudes Mark 6 Completed ( Page 2 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Well after two weeks so far I have been able to get my chest built, both thighs, one of the shins and the other will be done tomorrow along with the pelvis I hope then next week I'll tackle a new set of hand plates and boot armor since my old pieces got damaged beyond repair, the glassing step should be fun since it is so cold right now and I am planning for a convention in March. But with having a small shed on the property I should be able to stick a heater in it and glass the parts and stick them in for drying, but that will only take me a day to glass everything when I do it. The Rondo work will take me longer though but not too long I expect a week to do everything maybe two. And with help from Imgonnagetyou I am getting the arms and the helmet pepped and as soon as it arrives it'll get resined with the rest of the stuff to go in the shed. But other than that I started two weeks ago and I hope to be done by the end of January, as for my undersuit I plan on using a Black Helo Jumpsuit and using a Stormtrooper neck seal for the neck covering, still thinking on what to do for the boots though maybe going to use short rubber boots and permanently fix the boot armor to it, and trim the rubber down to the boot armor level so that it doesn't look off but other than all of this I hope my build goes well and here is starting pictures for all to see how far I am into it.

Chest

2guyywh.jpg

L Thigh

34pgu82.jpg

R Thigh

15rd4d4.jpg

Left Shin

240zl1k.jpg

Nintendude said:
Well after two weeks so far I have been able to get my chest built, both thighs, one of the shins and the other will be done tomorrow along with the pelvis I hope then next week I'll tackle a new set of hand plates and boot armor since my old pieces got damaged beyond repair, the glassing step should be fun since it is so cold right now and I am planning for a convention in March. But with having a small shed on the property I should be able to stick a heater in it and glass the parts and stick them in for drying, but that will only take me a day to glass everything when I do it. The Rondo work will take me longer though but not too long I expect a week to do everything maybe two. And with help from Imgonnagetyou I am getting the arms and the helmet pepped and as soon as it arrives it'll get resined with the rest of the stuff to go in the shed. But other than that I started two weeks ago and I hope to be done by the end of January, as for my undersuit I plan on using a Black Helo Jumpsuit and using a Stormtrooper neck seal for the neck covering, still thinking on what to do for the boots though maybe going to use short rubber boots and permanently fix the boot armor to it, and trim the rubber down to the boot armor level so that it doesn't look off but other than all of this I hope my build goes well and here is starting pictures for all to see how far I am into it.

Chest

2guyywh.jpg

L Thigh

34pgu82.jpg

R Thigh

15rd4d4.jpg

Left Shin

240zl1k.jpg

looking great so far bro keep it up;)

Grtz

Last edited by a moderator:
ACDCrockr209 said:
Great building bro, keep it up!

-Pony

Thanks Pony, btw off topic where did you find that Nathan Explosion avatar at?

jxkiller5 said:
Nice build, and star wars collection.

Thanks JXKiller I have about 10 years of Star Wars collectibles there behind the armor and more on other walls

Heres my latest progress with my armor I got everything in the top pictures resined with 1 coat now I have to use the fiberglass mat and resin on the back of the pieces and put another coat on the outside of the pieces then I will Bondo, sand and paint also got a AR from The King Cobra the other day got it resined with one coat yesterday and I'm putting a second coat on it before I fill it with expanding foam and under that is my custom nerf maverick pistol I painted.

Nintendude said:
Heres my latest progress with my armor I got everything in the top pictures resined with 1 coat now I have to use the fiberglass mat and resin on the back of the pieces and put another coat on the outside of the pieces then I will Bondo, sand and paint also got a AR from The King Cobra the other day got it resined with one coat yesterday and I'm putting a second coat on it before I fill it with expanding foam and under that is my custom nerf maverick pistol I painted.

Great work, Nintendude. Since you're going to fiberglass this, you may or may not run into this problem, but when I used expanding foam with my armor, it looked great at first after I thought it had fully cured (I think the can said something like 8 hrs). The following morning after foaming, it looked good, but when I came home from work later that day, for whatever reason, the foam shrunk and pulled my armor along with it. It looked like it was crumpled in a car crash. Granted, it was a rush job to get some wearable pieces I was missing for Halloween, so it was unreinforced card stock. As I said, since you're fiberglassing, you probably won't run into this problem, but I thought you should have a heads up that foam shrinkage might be a possibility.

The foam shrinkage should'nt have happened unless it was hot where you had the foamed parts at or if you were using something besides the Great Stuff expanding foam. Hard to explain that one I filled the inside of the rifle with foam almost to the top through where the barrel entrance is and filled it the rest of the way with hot glue, if you fill it completly with foam it will explode because if any comes out through the hole and hardens and if there is still some on the inside that has not expanded then pop goes the gun.

Nintendude said:
The foam shrinkage should'nt have happened unless it was hot where you had the foamed parts at or if you were using something besides the Great Stuff expanding foam. Hard to explain that one I filled the inside of the rifle with foam almost to the top through where the barrel entrance is and filled it the rest of the way with hot glue, if you fill it completly with foam it will explode because if any comes out through the hole and hardens and if there is still some on the inside that has not expanded then pop goes the gun.

It was for the chest and shins, so there was plenty of room for expansion. And actually, it had already cured hard and it wasn't applied very thickly, so I'm fairly sure there wasn't uncured foam somewhere inside. But maybe it was a heat issue. It was cool during the night, but maybe the room heated up while I was away? Like a Tootsie Roll Pop, the world may never know. :)

Dude, Now that I remember I still have your MARK IV stuff, I have the Helmet and biceps cut out. When I get to Florida I will mail them to you, because the shipping will be cheaper :p

MrOreo123 said:
It was for the chest and shins, so there was plenty of room for expansion. And actually, it had already cured hard and it wasn't applied very thickly, so I'm fairly sure there wasn't uncured foam somewhere inside. But maybe it was a heat issue. It was cool during the night, but maybe the room heated up while I was away? Like a Tootsie Roll Pop, the world may never know. :)

looking ood btw im starting my custom helm for my armor useing it off a mini figure kets see it it works but great job btw

Yep noob64 I've been collecting Star Wars stuff since I was a kid so I have a ton more than just whats in the pictures that you can see. My suit is almost done I just have to get the forearms and biceps fiberglassed and painted and I'll be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back