Who Has 3Ds Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguespartan

Jr Member
Hi all. I am interested in taking a stab at some more in depth 3d modeling and heard 3DS max is the way to go. what are your thoughts? How difficult is it?

Be very, very careful where you go with this thread. You're running on a very thin line with stuff like "how did you get it?" and "i know a pc genious who is getting me a copy".

Just keep that in mind. Piracy or talk of piracy doesn't fly around these parts.

I bought mine,.. under the Educational License

better deal then I got well time to upgrade

Autodesk Education Suite for Entertainment Creation 2010

that deal's $349 and includes all of Autodesks Content creation software, 3dsmax,maya,mudbox so on,.. this is legit reason, its sooo cheap is you cant use it for commercial purposes and

you need proof of being a Student but hey if your in college take them up on this

I do have a student license as well. 3DS max is the way to go, by far.

Blender and all these 3D modelling softwares are great, but most of them, are more complex than the real thing.

3ds Max and Maya are both the leaders in the industry. Both are the most used softwares in the video game industry (at least here).

Get a 3ds Max trial, and test it out.

It's good.

Awesome thanks guys. It is a costly program. I am not a student but i might be able to get it on discount through the University i work for.

Your university bookstore may have the textbook with the software cd inside. I believe the maya book with cd is around $250 at my local college store. I haven't looked for the 3ds Max book since I have the software already. Milkshape 3d is what I use for pepakura modeling, and Skupilkinson and others use Metasequoia. They are great for low-poly modeling and are easier to use(in my opinion) than 3ds Max. They are much cheaper as well.

Whichever you decide to go with, there are tons of tutorials all over the internet, but there are some great video tutorials on youtube. you should check those out, since it's easier to go along with a video than reading a bunch of text.

you can actually get the trial from autodesks site,.. its the fully functional program for 30 days, but if you work for a University,.. those same deals are generally open to Faculty/Staff & Students doesnt her to check

Personally I use Blender. Yes it is hard to use if you've learned 3DS or Solidworks but I'm going to guess most of use don't have those issues. Blender has a very steep learning curve but once you learn the interface and basic techniques you can produce absolutely amazing models and renders. Unlike Google Sketchup, Blender is a real full powered 3D modeling software.

There is a great textbook on how to use it on Wikibooks. Just remember it is in flux so some parts aren't as well written as they could be.

Blender: Noob to Pro

:D Enjoy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back