Props What Is This Called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this vehicle called?

image15.png

Started to model it, anyone want to build a helicopter/jet vehicle? :pSell it to the army :)

eagle1.jpg

I will probably unfold it when done anyway so you could build a small version of it.

Well, Bungie said that it's not a "Hawk" as seen on Halo Wars, but if you look at the release trailer you can see a picture on it's rear wing of a Hawk... Who knows?

EDIT** Here is a picture:

reach%200407.jpg

As far as I can tell, it has the designs of the hornet and pelican combined. As parts look simular.

I have been told its called the Eagle. Dunno.

But I think it looks sick.

Comparison shot to Halo Wars Hawk concept:

UNSC_Sparrowhawk.PNG

reachwallpaper.jpg

Look really similiar except for the "passanger" area. Maybe it's 'removable'

im pretty sure bungie said its not a sparrow, hawk, or eagle, so idk but definately something close to it.

(can't find the actual reference right now sorry)

i saw a thread on the bungie forums about it being a kestrel and it looks like one on the tail to, they said it wasnt a "cool" "tough" bird to be a war machine but then what does the pelican do that makes it a good war machine name?

Pelican

pelican.jpg

Kestrel

kestrel_hovering_300_tcm9-139955.jpg

Looks like a troop carrying hornet like vehicle, but a more primitive version because of the rotors being out of that case thing (sorry if I don't make sense, I'm not good on aviation jargon). My thoughts are it's simply a new vehicle and we're just going to have to wait for further information.

Kodorei said:
Comparison shot to Halo Wars Hawk concept:

UNSC_Sparrowhawk.PNG

reachwallpaper.jpg

Look really similiar except for the "passanger" area. Maybe it's 'removable'

The one on the top is called a "Sparrowhawk". There's also something called a "Skyhawk", which is more of a fighter then a close support gun platform like the Sparrowhawk.

If you asked me, I'd say that this new transport is also a 'hawk of some sort, but it'd just have a different name. Or its just a straight Hawk. Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what that picture is titled as but its just concept art the actual one in halo wars is just a "hawk".

if you compare the two pics they actually look pretty similar you might be on to something.

[attachment=14456:reach%200407.jpg][attachment=14457:kestrel_hovering_300_tcm9-139955.jpg]

Ok i say yo call it the Blargain Snaggle Beast or Humming bird for short. No it might be a falcon or some thing.

I reckon it looks like a penguin....

Lol, JK, yeah hawk seems about right, wish i had the skills to model it...

Have fun,

Cheers, Dave.

Cayoke said:
Ok i say yo call it the Blargain Snaggle Beast or Humming bird for short. No it might be a falcon or some thing.

How about the blargedy snark?

bevbor said:
Halocopter :)

Excellent answer!

I think we should send these to bungie!

lol

I think that our responses should tell you that we really have no idea :p

Cheers!

Alex spartan177 said:
I think its an older version of the hawk.

No because halo wars is before reach, I agree with it being a Kestrel. I think it has more lift power than a Hornet/Hawk due to the giant rotor's.

The Kestrel had rotors, didn't it? I mean the old Halo 2 concept. The bird on the back and the picture of that Kestrel look similar.

This may finally be the Kestrel Light Troop Transport.

The only explanation I can think of for rotors over VTOL turbofans is that they're capable of utilizing ground-effect at low-altitude, which is likely their running altitude, since they're carrying 3 SPARTANs each. That's a ton and a half, on average, of extra weight, plus equipment, plus fuel, and it's all in a small vehicle. If they're within about half of the total rotor span (total span of all 4 rotors), they can get more lift, if I'm remembering correctly, meaning they can carry the weight with better effect. None of the aerial vehicles thus far in Halo, save the Longsword and Shortsword bombers have had much wing area, and have all relied heavily on a thrust-to-weight ratio greater than one and VTOL thrusters. All of the TT craft are in that category. Rotors actually create lift, instead of using thrust to stay afloat. Saves fuel, too.

Er, I'm not a helicopter pilot, so I can't really say for sure whether or not all of that's completely accurate, although I know it is for fixed-wing planes.

I hope it's the Kestrel. It'd really bring closure to that matter, once and for all.

SchizophrenicMC said:
The Kestrel had rotors, didn't it? I mean the old Halo 2 concept. The bird on the back and the picture of that Kestrel look similar.

This may finally be the Kestrel Light Troop Transport.

The only explanation I can think of for rotors over VTOL turbofans is that they're capable of utilizing ground-effect at low-altitude, which is likely their running altitude, since they're carrying 3 SPARTANs each. That's a ton and a half, on average, of extra weight, plus equipment, plus fuel, and it's all in a small vehicle. If they're within about half of the total rotor span (total span of all 4 rotors), they can get more lift, if I'm remembering correctly, meaning they can carry the weight with better effect. None of the aerial vehicles thus far in Halo, save the Longsword and Shortsword bombers have had much wing area, and have all relied heavily on a thrust-to-weight ratio greater than one and VTOL thrusters. All of the TT craft are in that category. Rotors actually create lift, instead of using thrust to stay afloat. Saves fuel, too.

Er, I'm not a helicopter pilot, so I can't really say for sure whether or not all of that's completely accurate, although I know it is for fixed-wing planes.

I hope it's the Kestrel. It'd really bring closure to that matter, once and for all.

Umm, yeah, that sounds about right. I'm not a pilot or a physics genius, but I've ridden in a ton of helos, and the crew members always want to dorkify the ride by explaining how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back