Halo Fan Film - Work In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capestranus

Jr Member
Hello everyone.

And welcome to the official thread for "Halo: The Gift Of The Ancients" ,the first independent Italian film based on the Halo Universe.
halo__tgota_______unsc_poster_by_capestranus-d3gfcxz.jpg

The production of this movie took about 2 years of work, mainly during free-time,by a small team of talented artists here in Genoa.

When we started ,we didn't have the experience and knowledge we have now.

So, instead of creating an entirely new thread,we decided to go on with this one,even though the props and the costumes we have now can't be compared to the first ones.

-If you want to know more about the current production, jump to page 14.

-If you are curious about the beggining of our project, you may start with the short trailer we made long time ago:

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
foto006.jpg

I know it seems only mere Chaos...

Here there are all our current props,most of them still unfinished.

Yet,we have a complete marine armor,so we started shooting some days ago.

More images coming.

foto005.jpg

This is a small concept art;

foto003.jpg

Maybe the need to be repainted...I don't know.

foto008.jpg

This is my brother, who made most of the props.

Any kind of help is more than welcome!

Thanks man.

Thank you guys!

I made all of the CGI characters and objects, as we didn't want to use any in game model.

Currently we have enough material to start more complex scenes than the simple Banshee fight sequence(two guys in armor,a road in the middle of nowhere,abandoned concrete building,the Banshee model).

The recent found rising allowed us to get a nice camera (800x600).

The real problem is the organic modelling: my PC was not made for this,and the quality of my models is not so realistic. I do my best.

I have found a guy who 'll provide me some nice Warthogs and other models.

I hope he 'll also texture my Arbiter's body.

Now I'm working on the elites. If you are interested,I might post some nice CGI concepts.

That movie was damn nice made.

Like sarge Johnson would have said: "Keep up the good work marine!"

BTW could u send me some blueprints of the marine armor cuz im satarted on the AR and still want a marine suit

XD

The problem is that we need more people.

We can't do everything alone.

The movie needs some scenes with more than two marines,and I can't do them.

Here in Italy,at least near the place where I live, there are no fans / interested people.

This is the main problem now.

P.s. Tomorrow we are going to shoot the "city fight" scenes.

Fortunately we have a nice location.

Here are my thoughts...It looks like you have a true gift with 3d so I think that you should cut the live action and continue on full 3d. What you have now looks great and I would love to see it continue.

mechanicalgriff said:
Here are my thoughts...It looks like you have a true gift with 3d so I think that you should cut the live action and continue on full 3d. What you have now looks great and I would love to see it continue.

These are the vehicles...my trouble is organic modelling: my PC was not made for this(3D modelling,I mean),and "organic" objects requires a lot of details like a good texture, made with different maps(diffuse,specular

,bump,normal,etc...),and I'm a beginner in the 3D world.

My human models are awful...and for good animations (mainly for the elites) I would need MoCap.

Now we are searching for a "green screen" and we have found a basement that we could use as HQ( to make real life models and scenarios ).

I would like to combine a good real life acting with amazing locations and scenes (CGI).

mechanicalgriff said:
Do you have a script?

Of course! We have already finished it.

We had a lot of ideas,but we couldn't use all of them,so ,I think we shall post on the net some "intro videos",before the movie is out,showing some of the story's background,like "the Arbiter's journey" and "the destruction of Europa(the planet at the beginning)

I don't want to spoil the plot, but I might reveal something later.

looking at the armor I'm guessing you want it to take place during halo CE. I have a two person crew currently as well.

The movie takes place a few days before the destruction fo Reach.

It 'll follow the actions of a small UNSC cruiser and its crew during a patrol of the Covenant perimeter.

When they receive a signal from a distant planet(a human SOS signal), they decide to investigate.

wow, this looks good, if i could offer any advice, mabe wear lightly plainer clothes underneath, otherwise this is, rather exiting really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back