New Hd Odst Game Accurate Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone I am glad you guys are digging my files. I hope they really help you all out.

Rhinoc said:
Any ETA on the gauntlets?

BTW I tried to get a good picture of the center equipment plate... but because of how he stands I couldnt get a good pic without it being crooked

Worked on them some more today. I focused on the top vent part and got all the details in there. This should need very little bondo work to do once this bad boy is completed. I will hopefully have it done sometime this week.

Oh and as for the pictures thanks for trying. What I usually do is throw a grenade on the ground explode my character up in the air and in theater mode take pics when he is in free fall. He flails his arms around giving you a perfect view of the entire chest and stomach. Oh and even if they are a little crooked I can fix them in photoshop. So if you or anyone else can help me with those pics it would be great.

Here is a pic of the Forearm detail I worked on today.

wip_rough.jpg

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Kirrou, I can't wait for the HD Forearms! :D

Thanks man. I saw your ODST progress thread and your making an awesome build. Really glad you like my files. I'll have these new ones done soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I am pretty much peeing my pants in exitement for these forearms! (BTW, that aint a good thing....? I think I should get that checked out!?) Lol, I kid, I kid, but once these forearms come out, I am getting on them faster than ketchup on toast!!! =O

Aero Napkin said:
I really don't want to be picky, but I'm having an extremely difficult time pepping one part of your HD chest file. The rest is very simple except for one part, that doesn't really come out right, as shown in this picture.

4541601259_e4da73ebd0.jpg

I highlighted the problem areas in the red circles. It's that grove that's giving me a problem.

I know this seems very cheeky, but could you modify it so that there's no grove between the center and sides of the chest piece?

Hey Aero, those two seams were the very last thing I joined and it worked well doing it that way. So you can just fold the flap over add a little glue and basically hold the two sides of the groove together. Just an idea.

gakkengod said:
I am gonna do a whole ODST from your files.... they seem better and easier.

GREAT JOB!

You have a clear grasp of the obvious my friend! (Not sarcasm). =P

New Files

So been off the build for a little while now. A lot of hectic things have been happening. But the good news is that I was able to model a brand spanking new HD (Super Game Accurate!) ODST Rookie Helmet.

So without further a due. Here are some pics and a download link.

Kirrou's HD Rookie ODST Helmet pep

kirrou_hd_odst_helmet_01.jpg

kirrou_hd_odst_helmet_02.jpg

kirrou_hd_odst_helmet_03.jpg

I included all major detail that I could along with a few floats for details under the visor and behind the helmet.

Also because this helmet is super detailed I created a tester helmet as well.

Kirrou's Rookie ODST Tester Helmet

kirrou_tester_helmet.jpg

Its super low def but all the dimensions are the same so it will really help to get the perfect size for you.

*both pep files are defaulted at 31cm in height *

Also the first person who finish my HD Rookie Helmet gets first dibs on these when I finish them up.

forarm_preview_01.jpg

forarm_preview_02.jpg

They are almost done. I know I promised them a long time ago but the helmet was a real distraction. Lol

Hope you guys like/uses these. Any feed back is welcomed.

I'm digging the new files. Just opened up the helmet. Love how you put in the details under the brim. Like Ral said, the new forearms look great!! Good job man!!

-Matt

Great file, awesome gauntlets.

When will you share the file? Im searching for a hd one like that for long and I also need one for Dragon con.

Pat

Kirrou, I officially hate you for releasing this literally a day after I cut out all of my ODST helmet pieces. lol

This looks like such a great file! It also looks very simple and easy to make!

Dang, very nice files! Did you use the 3d files from the games for reference (or as a basis) for the helmet?

And many many kudos to you for including a tester helmet. More HD files need tester versions, in my opinion.

And! Those gauntlets look amazing, wouldn't mind building myself a set of those at some point after you release them.

Kirrou, I officially hate you for releasing this literally a day after I cut out all of my ODST helmet pieces. lol

RRRAAAAGGGHHH!!!! lol me too... i just finished pepping my odst helmet and this one would've been very nice to use instead... but lol whatever. looks great!!!

Lol thanks. I unfolded it so that it didn't have too many little pieces and everything is cut up into sections in order to make it easier to build.

Oh and I feel you pain. I have been working on my old ODST helmet for a few months sculpting it with bond to have all the details this model has and its still not quite right. Lol I am going to redo it using this model.

Dang, very nice files! Did you use the 3d files from the games for reference (or as a basis) for the helmet?

And many many kudos to you for including a tester helmet. More HD files need tester versions, in my opinion.

And! Those gauntlets look amazing, wouldn't mind building myself a set of those at some point after you release them.

Lol thanks a lot man. And no I didn't use the game files. But I did go into the game and take a lot of pics to use as reference along with the HD renders bungie released during the launch of the ODST game.

Yeah I included a tester cause it would really suck to build this thing (with all the detail it has it would probably take a while) and then have it not fit.

To everyone asking about the Gauntlets:

They are only about 85% done. I need to add more details and tweak a few things but as soon as it is done and unfolded I will post them up. Probably along with a tester as well. Its the first time I have modeled something that isn't symmetrical so its been interesting to make.

so been off the build for a little while now. A lot of hectic things have been happening. But the good news is that i was able to model a brand spanking new hd (super game accurate!) odst rookie helmet.

So without further a due. Here are some pics and a download link.

kirrou's hd rookie odst helmet pep

kirrou_hd_odst_helmet_01.jpg

kirrou_hd_odst_helmet_02.jpg

kirrou_hd_odst_helmet_03.jpg

i included all major detail that i could along with a few floats for details under the visor and behind the helmet.

Also because this helmet is super detailed i created a tester helmet as well.

kirrou's rookie odst tester helmet

kirrou_tester_helmet.jpg

its super low def but all the dimensions are the same so it will really help to get the perfect size for you.

*both pep files are defaulted at 31cm in height *

also the first person who finish my hd rookie helmet gets first dibs on these when i finish them up.

forarm_preview_01.jpg

forarm_preview_02.jpg

they are almost done. I know i promised them a long time ago but the helmet was a real distraction. Lol

hope you guys like/uses these. Any feed back is welcomed.

uuuuummmmmmm....... Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure win!!!!!! =d

aww man i want those gauntlets- the helm is one of my favorite so far too- thanks for the tip on your models, i'll be using them (except for the chest which ive already started a tarkov one)

Well... i only have 1 thing to say..

Excellent job dude!!
This will be the peps for my ODST

Same here....we are thinking about doing a huge ODST build up here in the Badlands and i think i have just found the files we need....:D

Awsome work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back