New Hd Odst Game Accurate Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the models. I originally wasn't going to do a full suit of anything but seeing these hd files really makes me wanna make it so i'm gonna use your files. I'll let you know how its going. If your doing the whole suit let us all know :)

so...halfway into pepping my ODST helmet, I realized I scaled it too small.
I decided to redo it using your files instead! Im just sad I wasted so much paper and time =(

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback. Really hope these files help you guys out in your builds.

Are you doing the whole ODST? I don't know if you mentioned it, excellent models so far!

I haven't really decided yet. Lol I am going through a build myself and I am just making them as I need them, or if I am not happy with whats out there now. I really want to make my armor as accurate to the ODST game as possible. So we shall see.

so...halfway into pepping my ODST helmet, I realized I scaled it too small.
I decided to redo it using your files instead! Im just sad I wasted so much paper and time =(

Lol bummer about it being too small. I have totally been there. Hopefully the tester file I made for my helmet with prevent this from happening again. Oh and BTW If you happen to build my helmet please post a pic here.

Update:

So I am still working on the forearms/gantlets. Unfortunately I had to restart the build cause I notice a huge flaw. Lucky I was able to salvage the top detail piece so now I am back to about where I was before... Sorry its talking so long I just want to get it right. Lol

On another note. I updated my shoulder plate file. Now I have two versions. The original that is one piece and the new one that I made to have a hinge/joint. Check it out for yourself.

Kirrou ODST HD Shoulder w/ Hinge

kirrou_hd_odst_shoulder_pre.jpg

I made it so that if you place a bolt or peg through the center of the hinge/joint holes it will bend perfectly and only to a certain angle.

Basic instructions:
1. Build it without cutting out the hinge/joint holes.
2. Harden it the pep (make sure you don't paint over the hinge/joint holes.)
3. Using the hinge/joint holes as a guide drill through the center of each to make holes align and be the size of you bolt.
4. Insert bolt and fasten with a nut.
5. DONE!

Lol bummer about it being too small. I have totally been there. Hopefully the tester file I made for my helmet with prevent this from happening again. Oh and BTW If you happen to build my helmet please post a pic here.

will do! btw, do you recommend lowering the threshold at all?

oh well in the other settings under the Hide almost flat folding lines you can lower the threshold so theres less folds and stuff...
I guess I'll keep it at default lol

oh well in the other settings under the Hide almost flat folding lines you can lower the threshold so theres less folds and stuff...
I guess I'll keep it at default lol

Lol honestly I have never really played with that but I am sure you can. I unfolded it so that every thing was it large fluid pieces that go along with the curvature of the model. Plus I tried to minimize the amount of cutting. But as for the folds I had not really given it much thought. It shouldn't hurt if you do. I just check it in pepakura and it looks like it could work.

* Warning- Do it at your own risk*

Kirrou, I honestly love you. That shoulder is the fastest pdo I've ever assembled... Your files are just great. Thank you.

Hey Kirrou, click on settings > other settings > and look at the very bottom and you should see 175. Generally for a very circular piece you lower it to 170, for a flat piece such as the chest you did I'd do 155-160, and for the helmet (being circular) 170, and for the arm (again circular) 170. Careful not to lower it below what the piece needs or you'll lose most if not all the detail, and the piece won't be able to be constructed at that threshold. The only real purpose is to reduce unnecessary folding lines and work, and to smooth the model out. I actually ended up playing around with it and printing several pieces to learn the way it works. Hopefully this wasn't just garble. Nice job on the models, keep it up.http://www.405th.member.php/13394-Minkyboihttp://www.405th.member.php/13394-Minkyboihttp://www.405th.member.php/13394-Minkyboi

Update:

Ok so I am still working on the gauntlet guys. I know I am talking forever on it but it probably the most complicated thing I have modeled so far. Here is a nice preview to tie you guys over until I finish.

forarm_preview_03.jpg

forarm_preview_04.jpg

What do you guys think? Floaters or Pep Details on the inside forearm. (Talking about the second pic.)

I am deciding were or not to make the inside forearm detail a floater instead of hard pep. Reason is cause it looks like it should be kind of flexible. So maybe you would cut it out and replace that area with rubber and then add the bevel details after with the floaters.

Also I finally finished my center plate model to here it is. So for all of you who are using my chest plate you now have the stomach plate that matches perfectly to it.

Kirrou's HD ODST Stomach Plate
It is super easy to build and it very accurate to the game. I included all the grooves and indents.

kirrou_hd_odst_stomach_pep.jpg

Scaling: Its defaulted at 16cm high and 11cm wide which fits perfectly into the chest plate I created at default size (20cm high).

Here is a pic of it fitting into the chest plate.
stomach_peped_display.jpg

stomac_pep_primed.jpg

Painted it up with some primer just to see how it would look.

This bad boy is going to need very little clean up after its been peped.

Kirrou, my man! I've been waiting for these forearms for too long! Do you have an ETA on their completion?

As for the Floating vs. Hard pep, I think you should do two versions of the forearm, so people can decide for themselves. ;) I would go for Hard Pep, since floating faces can be difficult to place.

I'll use your Stomach equipment plate as well. ;)

I'm so glad the ODSTs haven't been forgotten with all the hubbub of Reach. Reach looks like a great game, but the ODSTs are still my favorite design. :) Thanks for all the great work.

If you only have time for one, I'd go for floating. It seems like a pretty simple detail to scratch build out of rubber, foamies, and whatnot.

Awesome work Kirrou!
I can't wait for the forearms either!
Oh, and I just started your tester helmet!
I'm still debating wether to do the super mega HD one which will take alot of time, or spend alot of MORE time and money to make it perfect....
Or just make another helmet :p
I'd make the HD ODST helm, but I don't know if I would have the time, and if I make the tester perfect, it would amount to the same thing with more money spent... So I'll go with the HD ODST :D

Kirrou, my man! I've been waiting for these forearms for too long! Do you have an ETA on their completion?

As for the Floating vs. Hard pep, I think you should do two versions of the forearm, so people can decide for themselves. ;) I would go for Hard Pep, since floating faces can be difficult to place.

Sorry man I know I have been working on them for a long time. But I will have them done soon. I had to restart them a few times after finding huge flaws in the model when comparing it closely with the game.

Now I know why anyone hadn't made these before. Its been a real challenge. Lol But I promise I'll have them soon.

Oh and yeah I'll probably I'll end up doing both. Though I know at least for me floaters tend to be a bit easier.

Hey Kirrou cut out all parts of the helmet will fold it this night and can´t wait for the gaunlets.^^
Thats awesome man. Its really motivates me to see people using my peps. Good luck man.

I'm so glad the ODSTs haven't been forgotten with all the hubbub of Reach. Reach looks like a great game, but the ODSTs are still my favorite design. :) Thanks for all the great work.

If you only have time for one, I'd go for floating. It seems like a pretty simple detail to scratch build out of rubber, foamies, and whatnot.
I am also a really big fan of the ODST's too. Lol and well I am still working on my own ODST build and I would hate to leave it half finished. So I am going to keep making the parts as I see the need for them. Thanks for the kind words.

Awesome work Kirrou!
I can't wait for the forearms either!
Oh, and I just started your tester helmet!
I'm still debating wether to do the super mega HD one which will take alot of time, or spend alot of MORE time and money to make it perfect....
Or just make another helmet :p
I'd make the HD ODST helm, but I don't know if I would have the time, and if I make the tester perfect, it would amount to the same thing with more money spent... So I'll go with the HD ODST :D
Oh the tester isn't really meant to use as a standalone pep. Its has the right size but not the right shape. Unless you want to spend a TON of time building from it which I wouldn't recommend. The HD ODST Helmet that I made is fairly easy to make. I ended up putting it together already. So I would recommend going that route instead.

Maybe I should make a Mid Def Helmet though... What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back