Drgnfyre4 Mk Vi Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
still have to say this is probably the best damn pep I've ever seen,.. still too bad they didnt let you wear this, on BBT instead of the one they did make you wear

Thanks! Yeah the episode of BBT needed all of the outfits to suck beyond all reason in order for the episode to make sense. Was still fun as hell to be on set though.

now have both upper leg pieces pretty much done. Noticed a few small details I need to add but for the most part ready to get the lower legs done next. Might give myself a break from sanding and start my molds for the neckseal and other undersuit pieces, just to break things up.
upperlegs1.jpg

Thank you so much! Its hard to squeeze time in to work on my own projects, but this is one that I really want to get done and wear to San Diego Comicon.

Once again! I have to tip my hat (helm) to you. Very VERY nice work.
I like the attention to the setting for the pics you take.
The weathering and battle damage is UBER.
As swift had said. Your CRAZY AWESOME!

Please keep up the fantastic work and progress pics.

Cheers!

I hope you plan on doing Jorge next. You're probably one of the only members here who could leave it scaled at his size!

Real quick question, though...where do you get your styrene sheets? And is there a printer out there that can print right onto it?

I hope you plan on doing Jorge next. You're probably one of the only members here who could leave it scaled at his size!

Real quick question, though...where do you get your styrene sheets? And is there a printer out there that can print right onto it?
Hi,
I get my styrene from a plastic supply house in Southern California called S&W Plastics. They sell 3/32" 4'x3' sheets for about $37. When I use styrene for my scratchbuilds I just map it out with a ruler/pen and score and snap it along the score line.

Undersuit time!
Decided to take a break from working on the remaining armor parts and started on my undersuit pieces. Did up my own interpretation of the belly section...
MasterChiefbellyplate1.jpg

Going to prep this for molding and make a latex casting to adhere to my undersuit. Will be doing a backplate, neckseal, and shoulders after this one.

wow honestly I think it's impressive looking! appears to be foam though, are you going to attach it to fabric if it is?

lol. yes it got buried real fast. But it looks great so far. Oh and some of us already have subscribed to this thread so they can't hid you're master pieces from us. :D

wow honestly I think it's impressive looking! appears to be foam though, are you going to attach it to fabric if it is?

The master is made from foam, but I am molding it today so I can make latex castings. Going to imbed strapping into the casting so even after attaching it to the understuit the front and back can be strapped together and give it an adjustabe girdle effect.

Spent some time off and on this weekend sanding and detailing the shins. Probably need another good day worth of work before I paint this piece.
shin1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back