Drgnfyre4 Mk Vi Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one leg finished! Now to start on the other lower leg piece. Closing in on being finished, slowly but surely. Trying to cram as much in as possible before I get booked up on my next set of commissions and have to set it aside again.
Rleg.jpg

And because I just couldn't resist...I give you "Pile O SPartan"...
PileOSpartan.jpg

Man I love your painting skills, it looks really great, when you finish this suit it will be jaw dropping, keep it up Excellent job

like wow man, so impressed, flawless the whole way down, can't way to see you suited up, big ol jacked spartan lol

Beautiful work :)
One question tho, how are you enabling your feet to fit through the shins? are you cutting an elasticated panel on the heal so it pushes open and pulls shut as you put your foot through?
Im just wondering as im having problems with this. The length is right but i cant get my foot through. Any ideas you have that I could "pinch" would be greatly appreciated :)

Of course i actually meant two questions. What foam are you using for the master undersuit torso and back (before you use it to make the mold) ?

One question tho, how are you enabling your feet to fit through the shins? are you cutting an elasticated panel on the heal so it pushes open and pulls shut as you put your foot through?
Im just wondering as im having problems with this. The length is right but i can get my foot through. Any ideas you have that I could "pinch" would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey if you want an Idea on how to fit your feet thru the shins on a MKVI click on the link in my sig, on page 10 I think it shows one way you can do this, and sorry Drgnfyre not trying to hijack your thread

Hey if you want an Idea on how to fit your feet thru the shins on a MKVI click on the link in my sig, on page 10 I think it shows one way you can do this, and sorry Drgnfyre not trying to hijack your thread

Thanks, just checked out your thread. That was sorta the thing i meant. Its going to make life a lot easier :) was thinking about fixing thick elastic to both sides so it automatically snaps shut when your foot is pushed through.

Now i have seen how its done it gives me confidence to get my dremel out :)

Thanks again :)

Still want to know what foam you are using Drgnfyre :) I love the look of it and hope that by coming even halfway close to the gear you are putting together i will have a great armour harness :)

Im just wondering as im having problems with this. The length is right but i cant get my foot through. Any ideas you have that I could "pinch" would be greatly appreciated :)

Of course i actually meant two questions. What foam are you using for the master undersuit torso and back (before you use it to make the mold) ?

As for getting my foot thru, I trimmed the hole large enough so I can just squeek my foot thru by pointing it and twisiting it. Its a tight fit but once thru everything sits nicely.
The undersuit parts are mastered out of craft foam layered and cut. I made a stone mold to cast the pieces in latex with straps cast into them so I can cinch the back and front halves to act as a corset of sorts.

As for getting my foot thru, I trimmed the hole large enough so I can just squeek my foot thru by pointing it and twisiting it. Its a tight fit but once thru everything sits nicely.
The undersuit parts are mastered out of craft foam layered and cut. I made a stone mold to cast the pieces in latex with straps cast into them so I can cinch the back and front halves to act as a corset of sorts.

thanks for letting me know :)

Another question, are you using a silver undercoat and what is the green colour (manufacturer, paint code) you are using? because it looks perfect and also is there any chance you could do a quick tutorial on how you did the battle damage?

thanks

I am going to reply to this because I am never on at night, and by the time I'm on in the morning it's buried. That way it automatically get's subscribed to!

I actually haven't seen this build before and it's really nice. I love what you decided to do with the undersuit on it, as it looks very professional (as expected from a pro costume builder) and the detailing is amazing. I can't wait to see what it looks like under "con" lighting, because that would be an awesome tip for photos (because way more people see the photos anyways). Looks great so far!
What is your completion goal date?

Your suit is really great. It is nice to see you stuck with it and all this time. And I agree with tsau-mia, the undersuit idea looks awesome.

Undersuit time!
MasterChiefbellyplate1.jpg

WOW!! That's REALLY nice!! Yeah, it got buried, you only posted one pic ;) What kind of foam is that? It looks too thick to be that "floor mat" foam everyone is using, but it doesn't quite look like Foamies/craft foam sheets, either. And how are you doing the recessed areas, just layer by layer? And the detail lines, especially around the edges? I can "score" foam and make "dents" but these look like actual lines. Can you please explain the process?

awesome, You've convinced me to go to fibreglass for my armor, with foam bits. Why did you decide to do the shoulders the way you did? Why not separate them into 2 parts so that they don't stick out when you have your arms down?

Got both lower legs done now. Moving on the the boot top armor next. Hopefully in the next week I can finish up undersuit parts and get them mounted and strapped.
lowerlegs1.jpg

and in other news one of the projects I have been busy with that has kept me away from working on Master Chief is this...
spawnfront.jpg
spawn2.jpg

Full over the head wearable latex Spawn mask for my Spawn costume I have been wanting to make for myself for a while now.

Wow, astonishing! The level of detail on this build is amazing, and the paint is fantastic. You are even working on the undersuit! Outstanding job, I applaud you sir. Also, I freaking love Spawn. I know this is you MKVI build, but I have to see more pictures of that.

Wow, astonishing! The level of detail on this build is amazing, and the paint is fantastic. You are even working on the undersuit! Outstanding job, I applaud you sir. Also, I freaking love Spawn. I know this is you MKVI build, but I have to see more pictures of that.

Thanks Neoproks! I will put up some more Spawn pics as more of the outfit is done. I am sculpting the chest portion of Spawn next. But for now I gotta try to get in as much time as I can on Master Chief before San Diego Comicon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back