Drgnfyre4 Mk Vi Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahahah! I LOVE Freddy W's videos. I'm glad to see your suit will get such a large showing with all the views his videos get. It is definitely well deserved!

WAR MACHINE! So here is a little something new I am working on...started War Machine out of foam...
IMG_20120329_022942.jpg

IMG_20120329_022653.jpg

I love the size of this armor!
IMG_20120329_171528.jpg

IMG_20120406_151019-2.jpg

Really now a big fan of using foam. I am using the 1/4" thic anti fatigue floor mat rolls you can buy at Big Lots for 18 dollars a roll. I use zap a gap super glue to join my edges which are cut with an xacto bevel mat cutting tool. I reinforce the joins from the inside with hot glue.
IMG_20120407_212541.jpg

Since I am shooting for having this ready to wear for the Avengers premiere out in Hollywood, I went ahead and bought a really nice resin cast War Machine helmet off of ebay which should get shipped to me this coming week, in order to save myself some build time. Yeah the Iron Man helmet on here for show is gonna get finished up when I start on my Iron Man armor after this project.
Warmachinetorsoangles1.jpg

multi angle shot in better lighting without all the clutter in the background.

Awesome job, the War Machine suit will fit you perfect and so far it looks great, I knew you were up to something cool, can't wait to see more progress

HOLY CRAP! You are doing a KILLER job on the War Machine suit man. Where are you getting your foam exactly? I tried the stuff at Harbor Freight for my daughters War machine awhile back, but it seemed too thick so it has stalled the project.

HOLY CRAP! You are doing a KILLER job on the War Machine suit man. Where are you getting your foam exactly? I tried the stuff at Harbor Freight for my daughters War machine awhile back, but it seemed too thick so it has stalled the project.
I buy it by the roll from Big Lots for 18 bucks a roll. I wasnt sure when I would find it again so I bought about two hundred bucks worth so I would have stock saved up.

Was thinking about creating a seperate thread for the War Machine build. Anyone know where or how I could go about doing this or should I just keep it as an extension of this thread?

Was thinking about creating a seperate thread for the War Machine build. Anyone know where or how I could go about doing this or should I just keep it as an extension of this thread?

I believe you go under creation discussion and then to the undersuit and soft armor sub forum. You should be able to post it in there.:)

Wow it looks awesome! Can't believe its foam.
Also creating a seperate thread might be a good idea since its a big project on its own. You can do this by creating the thread in "Creation thread" category since thats where infantrymen can post new threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back