Pepakura Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerickson

I'm kinda new to all this. I looked all over the web and used most of the information but it never explains printing. I printed the HD MvI helmet but most of the pieces are too big to fit on one page of card stock. Did I size it wrong or is that how its supposed to print when scaling it to actual body size?

You either scaled it too big, or you just connected too many pieces together. Disconnect, rotate and position the pieces so they fit. ;)

Like the other two said, you may have scaled it way to big or you can make the margins smaller. You can also move the pieces around so that they fit better on the page.

a little more onfo would be helpful.

1. what size of paper are you using, A-4 or Letter? <Letter is 8 1/2" X 11"

(it should be 110 lb weight card-stock paper)

2. sometimes when you push the print button pepakura will have a pop-up message asking if you want to "Rescale" -DO NOT RESCALE!!!!

(it changes the size of whatever you are printing)

3. check out this it will help.

And last but not least, We really need to know what file you are using.

4. when you say "HD Mvi" which one are you talking about, is it on the pep file index? --who is the Author?

one other thing, i don't know if you know this but when you can see all the parts over on the right side of the page,

you can right-click and it will give you options to rotate and disconnect/reconnect and a bunch of other options, that is the main tool

to use for making it print right.

good luck!

Once, I accidently put the parts to be vertical on the paper, instead of printing them horizontal :) But then pepakura will tell you something like the parts isnt the same as printer settnings, adjust? Then you have done something wrong ;)

Best Regards,

/Tahu

Tahu said:
Once, I accidently put the parts to be vertical on the paper, instead of printing them horizontal :) But then pepakura will tell you something like the parts isnt the same as printer settnings, adjust? Then you have done something wrong ;)

Best Regards,

/Tahu

I'm using "letter" 110 Lbs card stock. for scaling it just measured the circumference of my head (26.5") the I multiplied that by 25.4 to convert it into millimeters. I'm using the file "H3_Spartan_HD_Helmet_DF4L_405th.pdo". If i'm doing the sizing wrong could someone please explain it. cause i'm completely confused. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
The scaling is your largest problem by the sounds of it. There is no circumferance scaling box, so the circumferance of your head should not be used, EVER.

Read the following tutorial to help you with scaling.

How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me. My contact information is at the top of that thread.

Good luck!

Well so far the printing worked. I did the scaling method i found and my helmet size was a little smaller than the default one so I went with the default. The gluing process if very tedious, and my fingers are covered in super glue lol. So far its fun though. Thx for helping guys. And i'll most likely be coming back for more question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back