How To Make A Helmet From Pep To Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could put a layer of resin over it with plenty of hardner in the resin. this would finish the cure of the rondo as well as put a thin hard sealing layer over the rondo.

If it's not too sticky or soft, you may use baby powder to dry it completely. If it's soft enough to gouge it with your fingernail, you may have to add another layer of rondo with enough hardener or worse, you may have to scrape off the layer and start over.
OK thanks! The baby powder should work, the rondo is HARD! Like so hard you couldnt even pierce through it with a needle without twisting the needle around for awhile.
Thanks for the help!

Hey ben, got a quick question here for ya about casting.

Now i know this has probably been answered before... but 37 pages is a lot to look through so i just thought i'd ask.

Is it possible to cast rondo into a silicone mold? (I made mine out of caulk :p)

If so, are there any extra steps i would need to take? (more mold release, not letting it fully cure etc.)

Thanks a million!

Hey Ben are you gonna update the thread with any of your latest work? I know you're in the process of opening a business but it'd be cool to see what you've been constructing

hey man, halloweens comin up and i was wondering if you could make me an odst or jun helmet for around 50 to 75 bucks. im knew to this but i really want to get into it. thx man the lessons on youtube really help and i should be starting to make my own around november or december.

hey man, halloweens comin up and i was wondering if you could make me an odst or jun helmet for around 50 to 75 bucks. im knew to this but i really want to get into it. thx man the lessons on youtube really help and i should be starting to make my own around november or december.

the only nice way to say this is no.

Thanks Ben, Just getting started on my first helmet. Awesome tutorial and will help the process go quicker and easier after watching the videos. I was gettting ready to go buy the resin and bondo. Now I have the shopping list. I will check out the disposible mask. You guys are making this easier to please my son with his first piece of armor. Doc

Very good tutorials thanks man, I'm starting to resin my build today I'm making a Mark V(B) also, I was also wondering if you know how well it would work to fiberglass the inside of the helmet after I slush Cast it with the rondo, I was also wondering if there is an advantage to Rondo over Smooth-Cast?

Very good tutorials thanks man, I'm starting to resin my build today I'm making a Mark V(B) also, I was also wondering if you know how well it would work to fiberglass the inside of the helmet after I slush Cast it with the rondo, I was also wondering if there is an advantage to Rondo over Smooth-Cast?
you can get it at Walmart, that's about it.

not sure I put this in here, but people are asking about how to make ODST visors so here you go ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
how strong is it?im buying my resin tomorrow i wanna know how strong it gets im also going to be doing the method with the fiberglass cloth where you cut up peices and apply resin

Hey Ben, I joined the party a bit late, and after reading through the thread I noticed you saying that you could no longer upload to the forums, so I'm hoping I havent missed anything.

I've been trying to follow your videos via Youtube in terms of making a helmet from Pep to finish, and when a video ends and I have the option to click "Up Next" I do, however I got to a point where Part 5 and Part 4 just keep looping to eachother.

I've noticed at least 30 video links in here, and have not had the time to go through opening each one to see what it is, but would it be possible for you to have a post where you go back and List all the videos in order as it pertains to the topic of the thread? I would greatly appreciate this, especially since I'm having trouble trying to follow the order of the videos via youtube.

I do thank you for the videos though, they are amazing and Very, Very, Helpful :)

If I find the time, I'll see if I cant collect all the videos and try to organize them to help out.

Hey Ben, I joined the party a bit late, and after reading through the thread I noticed you saying that you could no longer upload to the forums, so I'm hoping I havent missed anything.

I've been trying to follow your videos via Youtube in terms of making a helmet from Pep to finish, and when a video ends and I have the option to click "Up Next" I do, however I got to a point where Part 5 and Part 4 just keep looping to eachother.

I've noticed at least 30 video links in here, and have not had the time to go through opening each one to see what it is, but would it be possible for you to have a post where you go back and List all the videos in order as it pertains to the topic of the thread? I would greatly appreciate this, especially since I'm having trouble trying to follow the order of the videos via youtube.

I do thank you for the videos though, they are amazing and Very, Very, Helpful :)

If I find the time, I'll see if I cant collect all the videos and try to organize them to help out.

Well I had them all in order on here, the problem is that for some reason the 405th won't let me edit my old posts so that I can fix the video links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back