Halo: Sigma - Fan Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camofred said:
so are you doing the armor as SPI or the crap-that-makes-little-sense from Reach? and not to be a fanboy, but the spartan 3 Program was created during the covenant war to trade lives for time with the survival of two out of two classes totaling 600. they where made "better with new technology. Make more of them. And make them cheaper." squads were a total of three, four or six members using MA5K Carbines, Grenades, Snipers and captured Jackal shields, energy swords, or anything they could get there hands on. they were trained to act exclusively in teams with a large amount of training focusing on squad tactics. they were also augmented less strenuously to keep costs down, preventing the use of mjonir armor. and while it is implied the the third company Gamma,was completed by the time of the battle of reach, it is not directly stated.(Please someone check the time stamps in Ghosts of Onyx for me, Cant find my copy)in short it seems unlikely after the end of the war, the destruction of onyx, and the death of Kurt that a forth class would be trained. and the numbers of S3's was letter of company,number from 001 to 300. gamma 256 would be G256

These SIII's were created ( Much like the SII's) to fight the innies who thought that after the human-covenant war was an oportune time to take on the weakened UNSC. They are treated more like humans instead of expendable tools, Their augmentation made them as fast and as smart as the SII's but not as strong ( They are basically like a Hybrid, A Spartan 2.5 if you will) At the begining of the movie their gear is vary simple because of the UNSC's lack of funding ( i mean they just got out of a war where they were pushed to the point of extinction) but they get bettter grade stuff as the movie goes on. MC will not be in it but the ending i have planned involves him and leaves it open for a sequal. Also a cutscene after the credits.

I may have said to much but i have not revealed any Major plot points, so i should be good. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
LT. Ty said:
These SIII's were created ( Much like the SII's) to fight the innies who thought that after the human-covenant war was an oportune time to take on the weakened UNSC. They are treated more like humans instead of expendable tools, Their augmentation made them as fast and as smart as the SII's but not as strong ( They are basically like a Hybrid, A Spartan 2.5 if you will) At the begining of the movie their gear is vary simple because of the UNSC's lack of funding ( i mean they just got out of a war where they were pushed to the point of extinction) but they get bettter grade stuff as the movie goes on. MC will not be in it but the ending i have planned involves him and leaves it open for a sequal. Also a cutscene after the credits.

I may have said to much but i have not revealed any Major plot points, so i should be good. lol

ok ok im now seeing where your putting the story into the universe this helps add perspective so we know whats going on. and another continuity side note, during the human-covvy war the only action in the Tau Ceti system was Operation first strike. is the action your talking about after the war and how so? an the SIII's being as smart as SII's is debatable. is the UNSC still using illegal drugs to make the SIIIs aggressive or not and how does this effect the story? an again SPI or Reach armor?

Camofred said:
ok ok im now seeing where your putting the story into the universe this helps add perspective so we know whats going on. and another continuity side note, during the human-covvy war the only action in the Tau Ceti system was Operation first strike. is the action your talking about after the war and how so? an the SIII's being as smart as SII's is debatable. is the UNSC still using illegal drugs to make the SIIIs aggressive or not and how does this effect the story? an again SPI or Reach armor?

Tau Ceti in the movie was a small battle ( more of a rescue mission but with large amount of fighting) where Sigma was sent to Rescue an ONI spook who was captured by local Innies. Their augmentation was a mix of the SIII (Only some Drugs) and the Spartan II's. There is a twist near the middle of the movie Involving ONI and the use of highly unstable prototype Drugs. For the armor they start with light weight tactical gear and then it's upgraded (after the before stated twist) to a MK 7 armor that i've been doing concept drawings of. The MK 7 takes design elements of the MK5 the Reach armor and the SPI. i would upload the concept pics i have but i am not what you would call an artist, so....

ok ok see? you have to give information on exactly what is going on, especially when something is pre-established the the SIIIs i have been trying to write and i find that i need to explain something in detail. it is not just armor or a gun to me, it has layers and functions and shapes and can confuse someone if not explained in a proper manner. ind what weapon props are u going to use? what marine armor do you need? the 3 halo games take place over the course of 4-5 months and reach right before haloe 1 so armor is not going to look the same in nine years.

Camofred said:
ok ok see? you have to give information on exactly what is going on, especially when something is pre-established the the SIIIs i have been trying to write and i find that i need to explain something in detail. it is not just armor or a gun to me, it has layers and functions and shapes and can confuse someone if not explained in a proper manner. ind what weapon props are u going to use? what marine armor do you need? the 3 halo games take place over the course of 4-5 months and reach right before haloe 1 so armor is not going to look the same in nine years.

The marine helmet i have not decided whether to use the Halo 1 or Halo 3 version ( leaning towards the H1. Green eyepiece FTW) For weapons i plan on making most if not all of them out of wood. as to armor, i have a really tight budget (damn economy) so for right now i could just make do with a couple of helmets ( mainly regular marine helmets though odst's do show up later on, but i'll deal with that when i come to it) With the MK7, it's only some of the design elements of the previous armors. The Black cap of the MK5, the roundness of the SPI, the basic shape of the Reach helmet.

LT. Ty said:
For weapons i plan on making most if not all of them out of wood. as to armor, i have a really tight budget (damn economy) so for right now i could just make do with a couple of helmets ( mainly regular marine helmets though odst's do show up later on, but i'll deal with that when i come to it) With the MK7, it's only some of the design elements of the previous armors. The Black cap of the MK5, the roundness of the SPI, the basic shape of the Reach helmet.

yes, but what weapons and which versions of helmets?

Camofred said:
yes, but what weapons and which versions of helmets?

Most likely halo 1 style (green eyepiece FTW!)but if i can't get one i will have to use the H3. I'm doing a DMR, Sniper Rifle ( most dificult besides DMR), Shotgun, AR, and some M6D's. By the reach helmet i mean lone wolf's but with the black cap (MK5). but like i said, the MK7 doesn't come in untill about half way.

if u need help with any script writing(only if u get stuck...cuz right now ur doin fine)for the film or concept art im free just PM me. I'll help u if u need me

well ur spartan III's should have like Jack-S037 the S is for the sigma just like they had for alpha and so on.also if the unsc is tight for cash they would not be able to pay for a new version of MJOLNIR armor they would continue with the SPI armor since it was cheap to make on large scales.and u should have them using ODST armor i the start that is what the SII used when they were just starting.but these r what i would do.and also reach weapons would be out dated by now so its all up to u i would read all the books if u already havent if so re-read them ad the halo bible also,just for ideas.also if ur adding a twist at the end with MC then u should also have them find the other group linda,kell,will and fred in the bubble thing.

spartan-005 said:
well ur spartan III's should have like Jack-S037 the S is for the sigma just like they had for alpha and so on.also if the unsc is tight for cash they would not be able to pay for a new version of MJOLNIR armor they would continue with the SPI armor since it was cheap to make on large scales.and u should have them using ODST armor i the start that is what the SII used when they were just starting.but these r what i would do.and also reach weapons would be out dated by now so its all up to u i would read all the books if u already havent if so re-read them ad the halo bible also,just for ideas.also if ur adding a twist at the end with MC then u should also have them find the other group linda,kell,will and fred in the bubble thing.

Yeah that is true about the armor expence thing but i think thats wat hes going for (a spi body armor and the cheap helmets used by the spartan iiis.

well just a thought its up to him

I was planning doing that sorta thing if i could get a couple of pieces of odst armor an some helmets. The only Reach weapon is the DMR becasue they are Army and Not Navy, and it says that Army used the DMR more than th BR55. With the numbers, i didn't want people to get confused because through out the movie there is mention of two other teams, archer and ghost, which if i used he classic s3 numbers, would look like alpha and gamma. If you guys think i should change it though, i will.

i think thats fine i guess it would be hard for some people to remember numbers like that but i guess the alpha gama thing will work for spartans not in the movie alot

In fairness, he's making up whole new units in a currently unfleshed out post-war era. With the loss of most of the Spartan III programme leaders towards the end of the war, who knows how their number management would be dealt with - and indeed, how their equipment may vary. In the post-war era they could all be using Mk.VIa armour variants or some other crazy stuff like that, you know?

My only concern is down to using the Insurrectionists as a bad guy considering the fact that most of the Insurrectionists are now dead. I mean, humanity as a whole is now a fraction of the size and expansiveness it was.

Peter Cooper said:
In fairness, he's making up whole new units in a currently unfleshed out post-war era. With the loss of most of the Spartan III programme leaders towards the end of the war, who knows how their number management would be dealt with - and indeed, how their equipment may vary. In the post-war era they could all be using Mk.VIa armour variants or some other crazy stuff like that, you know?

My only concern is down to using the Insurrectionists as a bad guy considering the fact that most of the Insurrectionists are now dead. I mean, humanity as a whole is now a fraction of the size and expansiveness it was.

They only show up in a few scenes, most of the time it's going to be covies. Alot of forerunner stuff is going to come up as well

Im finnaly finished.........sorry it took so long but after an hour of just trying to get it on my computer its ready to be seen

here it is!

spartan.jpg

HarvestRecruit said:
Im finnaly finished.........sorry it took so long but after an hour of just trying to get it on my computer its ready to be seen

here it is!

spartan.jpg

AWESOME!! It looks just like like i imagined it. Chest looks a little big but still.

You get a cookie!

Nice job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back