Comission: Briareos Helmet (Appleseed Ex-Machina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

Hey everyone, I've been working on a briareos cosplay for an upcoming con and I'm a bit stuck on the helmet. I was wondering if there are any pep wizards out there who would be able to make the pep file in a short period of time, 2 weeks. Of course i would pay for the file and considering the short amount of time i would pay well.

And it wouldn't need to be a high detailed model, just the basic shape would be wonderful.

Here are a few pics of what im after: (just the helmet)

appleseed-707553.jpg

appleseed-4.jpg

I am close to finishing a helm... I was give a really awesome reference and I'll post it up in the other forum. Some one will still need to unfold it.

I am trying to make it pep friendly but this is a really complicated piece.

chwbcc said:
I am close to finishing a helm... I was give a really awesome reference and I'll post it up in the other forum. Some one will still need to unfold it.

I am trying to make it pep friendly but this is a really complicated piece.

really awesome reference you dont say :)

Last edited by a moderator:
amancue said:
really awesome reference you dont say :)

hehehe giggle giggle...

I'd say. At first I tried to actually trace all the detail and I gave that up after the first 5 minutes. Then I had to sit on it for a day or two just to think about how to tackle this... Then I accidentally click on something and the entire thing fell apart in to different segments and I had an eureka moment... quickly followed by a HOLY **** moment when I accidentally closed the program and lost my progress... Losing my work wasn't a big deal, the real annoyance was trying to figure out how to separate the pieces again. So I had to take a few hours and read some manuals..

But now I'm back on track and somehow I have turned on another feature I can't turn off and so some of my faces are transparent and some are not... But I don't think this is a real problem just yet.

I think you'll be impressed amancue. I'm surprised I could actually get it really close to the reference.

I might have something before I go to bed tonight. After I finish ruining my King Cake! grrrr

chwbcc said:
hehehe giggle giggle...

I'd say. At first I tried to actually trace all the detail and I gave that up after the first 5 minutes. Then I had to sit on it for a day or two just to think about how to tackle this... Then I accidentally click on something and the entire thing fell apart in to different segments and I had an eureka moment... quickly followed by a HOLY **** moment when I accidentally closed the program and lost my progress... Losing my work wasn't a big deal, the real annoyance was trying to figure out how to separate the pieces again. So I had to take a few hours and read some manuals..

But now I'm back on track and somehow I have turned on another feature I can't turn off and so some of my faces are transparent and some are not... But I don't think this is a real problem just yet.

I think you'll be impressed amancue. I'm surprised I could actually get it really close to the reference.

I might have something before I go to bed tonight. After I finish ruining my King Cake! grrrr

awesome,.. which bears good new for p0rtal, Its been too long since I last used maya to remember the command turn turning off the transparency of faces, in c4d I remember I model w/ that mode on quite often especially when I have a reference underneath

Ok I have to make a correction... I have been so focused on the helm I forgot to model the antenna and the neck... LOL. I have no idea how one will pep and attach these antenna.

I'll post a screen shot tonight before I hit the sack but the wait is gonna have to be a bit longer.

chwbcc said:
Ok I have to make a correction... I have been so focused on the helm I forgot to model the antenna and the neck... LOL. I have no idea how one will pep and attach these antenna.

I'll post a screen shot tonight before I hit the sack but the wait is gonna have to be a bit longer.

good stuff takes time,.. good free stuff even longer :)

chwbcc said:

I have an idea for you on the antennae (that's plural for antenna... MAN I'm smart :p ). Anyhoo... I say pep the antenna just like normal, but then hike your can over to the local auto parts store and get you some fiberglass bondo (long or short fiber... up to you) and fill that thing with the stuff... Well, maybe not the whole thing, maybe just the end of it (stuff the rest with newspaper, or cotton balls or something, after you stiffen it up a little). But before it dries, push a lag screw (or a few inches of allthread into the end, then poke a hole in the helmet for it to mount through, and POW.

Well... that all sounded better in my head, but it's a direction.

Hope it helps.

Braireos-Helm-Parts-2-17-10-Cover.jpg

O.k. here is the current state of the helm.

I'm really happy with the over all shape but I don't like odd triangles all over the place. I don't know how to fix this just yet, it has to be something I am doing wrong when I am extracting faces and edges and then when I try to divide areas to smooth them. I have a lot to learn still.

I did put this part in Pepakura and it's going to need some work to make it Pep-able not really my cup of tea.

I was having a really hard time with the mouth parts so I traced this area the best I could from the reference. It's not as detailed but I don't think it should matter because of the next step... resin, glass, bondo is really going to shape this up better.

Let me know what you think.

amancue said:
your really coming along, chwy it looks great

I'm obsessed right now... I want to be as good as the reference! Everytime I look at them sid by side, I think this looks like $#!%! :lol

And now I want to go back and rebuild all of the other pieces too! Argh.

chwbcc said:
I'm obsessed right now... I want to be as good as the reference! Everytime I look at them sid by side, I think this looks like $#!%! :lol

And now I want to go back and rebuild all of the other pieces too! Argh.

haha i know that pain were yeah willing to rebuild the hole model to fix just a small error that most wont see

chwbcc,

that model's lookin pretty good. Take your time, model it in sections, and work to maintain the distinguishing lines, and you'll be rockin'.

Jeez... now I want to make one. My Robotech head might just have to wait.

chwbcc said:
Braireos-Helm-Parts-2-17-10-Cover.jpg

O.k. here is the current state of the helm.

I'm really happy with the over all shape but I don't like odd triangles all over the place. I don't know how to fix this just yet, it has to be something I am doing wrong when I am extracting faces and edges and then when I try to divide areas to smooth them. I have a lot to learn still.

I did put this part in Pepakura and it's going to need some work to make it Pep-able not really my cup of tea.

I was having a really hard time with the mouth parts so I traced this area the best I could from the reference. It's not as detailed but I don't think it should matter because of the next step... resin, glass, bondo is really going to shape this up better.

Let me know what you think.

Amazing work so far chwbcc!!! Is there any chance, if someone was willing to unfold the model, that you could release a not yet finished version, even if its just to me? What you've done would be the perfect base for my own, i can easily finish a helmet from that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back