Phox's Hd Mark Vi Wip. From Cardboard To... Well Not Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Phox

Currently Completed : forum page that it is on

Finished / HD Left/Right Handplate : page 2

Started pepping/ Codpiece : Page 2

Hey 405th. My names Phox... no really it's Phox :D and I am a new member of the WONDERFUL 405th community. Recently, after many weeks of preparation and material hunting, I am finally ready to embark on my journey of awesomeness. I am currently working on a HD Mark VI suit that WILL be done by 8/31/10 for the release of Halo: Reach! (OMG ITS GONNA BE INSANE). Unfortunately, like many members here (yes, I’ve been creeping on threads for a while) I don't have any high tech tools to make my armor look orgasmic :( . I do however have a bunch of cardstock, a medium tech printer, some scissors, lots of super glue, resin, fiberglass… yeah you get it :D . Well I hope I can entertain you guys with my obvious failures and hopefully successes to come; and I hope to become an active member of the 405th community!

Here’s the first pic. (changed to show my current status [look in the topic for more detailed pics] :D )

downsize-8.jpg

Hey, it's a start! Good luck with your build!

I always found the HD handplates to be quite annoying.

Welcome! Lookin' good so far!

Just a suggestion, you should look around and see if you can pick up a decent sized, maybe 10x14ish inch, cutting board and an exacto blade. It shouldnt be that expensive, maybe 20 bucks total, and I think it is much easier. You should be able to get it at Staples, or any crafting stores really.

Good Luck!

-Apoc

Frozensnot said:
Hey, it's a start! Good luck with your build!

I always found the HD handplates to be quite annoying.

ya they are... no doubt about that. Some folds seem inhuman at best. :p

Jason02 said:
Looking forward to seeing some updates, keep working at it.

Thanks man. More updates comming tomorow! Check back!

TheHow7zer said:
maybe my name is phox too. you and I are in the same situation(tech-wise). good luck!

Ahh a fellow tech junkie! (I sent you a pm)

Apocalypse said:
Welcome! Lookin' good so far!

Just a suggestion, you should look around and see if you can pick up a decent sized, maybe 10x14ish inch, cutting board and an exacto blade. It shouldnt be that expensive, maybe 20 bucks total, and I think it is much easier. You should be able to get it at Staples, or any crafting stores really.

Good Luck!

-Apoc

Thanks.. I actually have an x-Acto blade. There is no way in hell i could've cut out some of those pieces without them; and in regard to a cutting board, my table is marble and doesnt scratch so for now that'll have to do :D Thanks for your suggestions though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the first update of today :)

I cranked out a test piece, resined, and fiberglassed it. (How's it look? Too big/Small?)​

0305101648.jpg

Hey guys/gals I finished peppin my HD left Handplate... tell me what you think!

I have since fixed the small warp... it bothered me

downsize.jpg
downsize-1.jpg
downsize-2.jpg

Up next: Size test for Codpiece! Check back tonight, ill post an update!

TheHow7zer said:
Nice work Phox! Pretty awesome.

InSaNiTy 65 said:
Yo phox this one is looking nice!!!! my noble 6 hlemet is coming along rly well i might post that up later

Thanks guys! It really means a lot!

1 shot 1 kill said:
nice hand plate you going to mold and cast it or just pep another?

Unfourtunately i am inexperienced in casting... so it will have to be the old fashon way. And besides, the left and right handplates have minor differences.

p.s. Almost done my test codpiece

Last edited by a moderator:
As promissed I finished the test version of the codpiece. It was a tight but perfect fit so im going to add 2 cm onto the HD version. Tomorrow i plan to cut out my right handplate and MAYBE start to pep it. Allright 405th it has been a long day and im tired. See you guys in the morning :)

My test codpiece

downsize-4.jpg

Well 405th... I suprised myself today. I completed an entire HD Handplate in 5 hours. (I had a friend over doing his thigh at the same time so i didnt totally no life it :lol ) To me they look almost EXACTLY identical so im beyond thrilled. Please leave comments, suggestions, or questions regarding my two new pieces :D . Heres a few pics:

Top/Front:

0307102304.jpg

Left:

0307102304a.jpg

Right:

0307102304b.jpg

Back:

0307102305.jpg

p.s. School tomorrow so no new updates probably... unless i get to resin/fiberglassing... :eek

I just finished Resining my L and R HD Handplates! I also did a test primer on my test Handplate. Hopefully they all come out stunning! I'll have pics up on this post either tomorow or tonight. (probably tomorrow) Keep your fingers crossed guys n gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back