Harding29's 3D Modeling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harding29

Well I;m new to any 3D modeling stuff and I've been fooling around with Google SketchUp. This is what i have so far,its the start of my first 3D project, the Halo Wars Marine Armor,starting with the chest plate.

3DHWchest.png

Tell me what you think and if you see anything that's wrong or wont work out please let me know

it will be interesting on what you can do with sketch up personally not my favorite i like the closer to industry stuff im a blender user but sketch up got a nice interface good luck on the build

Hey Harding, glad you're getting into 3D too! That marine chest looks great! Reminds me of the Jango Fett chest thing I modeled for you. I'll be keeping an eye out on your progress!

Thanks for the kind works lol

@Spartan 051 I tried using blender for this but i failed lol i just couldnt figure it out

@Nightshade i thought the same thing! Thanks for the help with the Fett chest

@Adam Anderson im planing on trying to make the entire Halo Wars marine but idk how it will turn out

yeah it tricky to learn the new one is alot nicer but still hell ot learn on your own thank god for youtube and blendercookies

UPDATE lol and i need some help how can i make it so the line circled in red is gone so the face isnt broken up

3dHWchest2.png

I use Maya, and don't know much about Max, but couldn't you just select the edge there and hit "delete"? It should be pretty easy. But the model looks cool. Btw I just released a pretty nice ODST pistol over in the Weapons and Props forum if you wanna check it out!

Not familiar with Sketchup but is there a way to select the two faces on either side of the edge and merge or fuse them? That's normally what I do to get rid of tri's on most models but I do it in Modo or C4D so the commands are likely quite different. Failing that can you delete those two faces and just rebuild that one little piece as a solid face/quad?

Thanks for the attempt at helping me fix this problem lol but i got it fixed i had to smooth it out but now another problem im having is getting faces made on an angle

i need to make a face that connects to the top red line to the bottom one

HWchesthelp.png

Harding29 said:
Thanks for the attempt at helping me fix this problem lol but i got it fixed i had to smooth it out but now another problem im having is getting faces made on an angle

i need to make a face that connects to the top red line to the bottom one

HWchesthelp.png

Make 3 triangle faces, one to the left, one in the middle and one to the right.

*edit* added an image to illustrate

hwchesthelp.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dancin_Fool ive tried that but its only makes a face on the triangle all the way to the left

problem fixed for the most part put if anyone knows how to make a face with a curve like that please let me know

Get Blender3D, It's real easy once you learn it, Also the gap's in between the plate's are most likely a cloth material.

Great job so far. I've been waiting for someone to model Halo Wars stuff. If you want me to test pep i will be glad to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back