Props New Odst M6C Socom Pistol Pep File

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I know I'm usually pretty shy with the "New Topic" button (my first topic = 130k views, so I could put most of my crap in there), but I thought this belonged in the Weapons and Props forum (I just want people who are interested to find it easily). Anyway, I've had a few personal modeling requests recently from my PM box, and one member asked if I would model the ODST pistol with "less bits and chunks" than Th3 FETT MAN's model (not bashing it, I just make the models). I know many have seen WMHunter's amazing HD pistol, but, unfortunately, I know some people (including me) aren't Pepakura gods (except for Bevbor, of course), and don't have the courage to print it out. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I modeled the pistol yesterday (and had to do a lot of back-and-forth editing in Maya and Pep) until I was satisfied, and I know maybe a few people would also enjoy to have this file, so I thought I'd post. It's in numerous labeled parts so it's easier to build, it includes templates for building up detail, the clip fits snugly inside the grip, the barrel (front half) moves back and forth so you can cock it, the trigger fits inside the gun, etc ... I'll stop talking now.

PICS!

m6csocompepakura.png

m6csocompepakura2.png

m6csocompepakura3.png

UNFOLDED FILE LINK:

EDIT: Scale and layout fixed

ODST M6C Socom Pistol - Nightshade

I hope you guys like it!

- Shade

Awesome Nightshade!!!

At last an easier Socom, I liked the HD one but its just to hard for me and I hated the other LD gun because it was to easy :p

But now you made the the perfect one :D

Nightshade said:
Thanks dude! The first stamp-of-approval!

No problem :D

I hope some unfolder is checking this thread out because I really want to pep this today :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this new pistol so much. Thanks a lot Nightshade!

No problem! Glad you like it!

EDIT: PISTOL NOW UNFOLDED, link in first post updated ...

And would anyone kindly post this on the Wiki?

Hey nightshade thats an awesome file, its got the perfect amount of detail. One thing I noticed though is that on the other files the front of the barrel tapers at the bottom whereas this one doesn't. Like I said that's just compared to the other files, I don't know what the in game version is like. I don't mean to be critical I just figured you can't really fix that with bondo or anything so I figured I'd just point it out. Other than that it's awesome, your files always impress :cool.

Hard to illustrate, but the top part of the silencer should be the other way around. You know, the indent where the front sight dot is.

Badass!!! Deffinately going to take a crack at this sucker when I get done with my main project.

You SMG was pretty easy. In a good way. I don't see this one being any different.

Again, great work buddy.

-Pony

Hard to illustrate, but the top part of the silencer should be the other way around. You know, the indent where the front sight dot is.

Hmmm, do you mean the downwardly-indented square area on top of the barrel on top of which rests the little trianglish-sight-thing? According to WMHunter's model, it looks how it's supposed to. Could you post a pic or something? Thanks!

Badass!!! Deffinately going to take a crack at this sucker when I get done with my main project.

You SMG was pretty easy. In a good way. I don't see this one being any different.

Again, great work buddy.

Thanks! I'm glad you wanna try it! I think there's a bit more detail in this one than in the SMG, in detail-per-square-inch (if that even exists), but it should be pretty easy, I think.

I checked the official size of the pistol on the Halo Wiki, and it said 10.5 inches, so I rescale the pistol, and what-do-ya-know, it knocked off 6 pages in Pep. Now it's just FOUR pages (albeit, with smaller pieces).

Since this relates to all those planning to make this or any other pep weapon, I thought I'd share it. It's from a PM message I recently posted in a conversation with an anonymous member:

On a side note, I tried my first batch of Rondo/mud (60% Bondo and hardener, 40% resin and hardener mixed in a cup) on two small shoulder pieces and the top of my ODST helmet (on the inside), and its AWESOME! I totally recommend it! Muuuch easier, you just pour it in for large pieces or scoop with a spoon into smaller ones. Dries very smoothly and there's practically no mess. Easier to sand off than either resin or Bondo seperately.

It's also very useful before using fiberglass matting on the inside of a helmet, because it seals-off/fill-in all the tiny details, making a much simpler inside shell over which to apply resin and matting for very strong piece (such as a helmet). This shell is strong, but sand-friendly, so you can more easily sand a piece smooth by sanding PAST the paper layer instead of lobbing on Bondo filler on top, which is a pain to sand.

You can even pour it into areas such as the lip above the visor, etc, tilting the helmet down when it dries, creating a rock-hard area which matting might otherwise not even reach. It just takes a few batches or Rondo to do a whole inside of a helmet. Less important pieces won't even need matting after a good helping of Rondo.

This is the best way of hardening the inside of a pep weapon. Just open a hole, add some extra resin to make it less thick, and pour in. Fill it up and hang it to dry. No starting over after expanding foam ... well ... expanded, ruining your weapon. This made me decide to go ahead and ... decide to ... start my ODST pistol: just pep each piece, fill in the magazine clip with Rondo, it dries, cover top of clip with plastic-wrap, fit into grip/main part, tape to grip on outside, fill in grip/main part with Rondo, it dries, remove tape, clip and plastic-wrap: you now have a totally-strong clip and grip into which the clip fits awesomely (well, I assume you would. Haven't done it yet). Then Rondo the barrel/attatchment piece. Add detail. DONE!

Anyway, that was off-topic, but I REALLY recommend it. It's really as easy as it sounds to make, don't freak out if you don't have exact step-by-step instructions. If you already knew all this, I apologize for wasting like five minutes of your life.

I hope you guys find this useful when pepping this or any other weapon!

Shade

Nightshade said:
Hmmm, do you mean the downwardly-indented square area on top of the barrel on top of which rests the little trianglish-sight-thing? According to WMHunter's model, it looks how it's supposed to. Could you post a pic or something? Thanks!

Trust me, I play ODST regularily, and I used Theatre Mode to look at the M6C/SOCOM for details. I'll head over to ODST and snap some pictures of the top part of the silencer.

We are both wrong. xD

There is a wall on the back AND the front. And your front sight post needs to be a little bit more to the front. ;)

108418364-Full.jpg

Alex spartan177 said:
There is one already in the wikia

I know that, I am the one who put it there. I was just asking if he was doing his version.

Ok guys, I'm certainly willing to make those little edits to the silencer. If I do that, would someone else be willing to re-unfold the pistol? I could, but ... honestly, I'd rather not have to do it again!

He strikes again... excellent file Shade. Thanks

Hey Mal, haven't heard from you in a while, glad to see you back! And thanks a lot! Glad you like it

Oh and SilentViper thanks for the screenshot. That will come in handy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back