The Cybermen Are Coming " You Will Be Deleted "

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem at all... I haven't looked at the limbs yet, but the chest and back are quite a handful. hopefully I can finish them both today but we'll see.

dude iv bin tryin to get someone to make a cyber files this is sweet as thanks you are a big help iam sculpting a cyber helmet at the moment so when iam ready for casting you will have to email your address so i can send 1 your way many thanks james :rolleyes

I know i could do the dalek in pep and thanks for the plans on both ill do both as for the tardis no planning permission needed here in the US

I'll see if I can't get those done tonight. I haven't gotten much done in this area due to some recent "employments". If you could call them that. But I'm basically trying to unfold 10(?) different files right now.

It loks like someone copied fallout and ironman, and slaped a half-steampunk-ish helmet on. These legs look great for other armor builds though.

Michalanthropos said:
It loks like someone copied fallout and ironman, and slaped a half-steampunk-ish helmet on. These legs look great for other armor builds though.

not true this look for the cybermen has been around since the 1960's

Tenthplanet.jpg

I am just glad they don't look like that any more.

they are more like the Borg in star trek

Last edited by a moderator:
unheared said:
not true this look for the cybermen has been around since the 1960's

Tenthplanet.jpg

I am just glad they don't look like that any more.

they are more like the Borg in star trek

Unholy sh!t! Awful. Just awful. A grey with a thinking cap. B-movie stuff. Anyway, I've never watched the show, but I know the current one is a remake of an older one(like battlestar galactica). I was refering to their today look. You have to admit it bears like resemblance to the original. It's almost like comparing gobots with bayformers.

Michalanthropos said:
Unholy sh!t! Awful. Just awful. A grey with a thinking cap. B-movie stuff. Anyway, I've never watched the show, but I know the current one is a remake of an older one(like battlestar galactica). I was refering to their today look. You have to admit it bears like resemblance to the original. It's almost like comparing gobots with bayformers.

Ummm.

Dude, it was a b-class tv show.

It didnt have an incredible large budget. They had too do what they could with their tiny budget.

Thats why the tardis's camouflage "broke". Do you know how expensive it woulda been to build a new tardis every time they landed on a new planet?

It was the 60's with a small budget.

And the new one isnt a remake, its a continuation of the same show but the doctor changes every once in a while.

Hey guys ive used pep files in the past but never bothered to scale them to fit properly, I know its a bit of a noob question but can anyone tell me what I should scale the files to? any help would be appreciated as ive been looking for cybermen files for a long time and want to get it perfect.

Thanks

dale_w said:
Hey guys ive used pep files in the past but never bothered to scale them to fit properly, I know its a bit of a noob question but can anyone tell me what I should scale the files to? any help would be appreciated as ive been looking for cybermen files for a long time and want to get it perfect.

Thanks

I know your pain. I'm afraid your best choice is trial and error. I usually gather the collar and the area around the eyes (I'm mostly work on helmets). Your other best option is to print a front pic of the complete suit, measure yourself, add the height of your shoesoles, and then devide this sum (or the height you want your finished suit to have) by the height of the suit in the printed paper. Next, measure the height of the piece you want to make(on the printed pic). Let's say the head. It's X centemeters. Multiply by the devision's result and there you have the height of the IRL piece. Easy^^.

i don't know if this helps.

here is a post by movieman.

" I am the same hight as you ........ 5.11.

I scaled the armour in Pepakura Designer by first scaling the helmet back plate to fit the toy helmet which is available to purchase for a few pounds, the toy helmets are exactly the same size as the original TV used helmets.... this gave me the scale for the rest of the armour, all I had to do was to tweak the armour size to fit me. "

but if you use wrising files please change the scale to same as the files I posted.

unheared said:
i don't know if this helps.

here is a post by movieman.

" I am the same hight as you ........ 5.11.

I scaled the armour in Pepakura Designer by first scaling the helmet back plate to fit the toy helmet which is available to purchase for a few pounds, the toy helmets are exactly the same size as the original TV used helmets.... this gave me the scale for the rest of the armour, all I had to do was to tweak the armour size to fit me. "

but if you use wrising files please change the scale to same as the files I posted.

I dont suppose you have the scale measurements you used for the helmet? it would save me going out and buying one just for this? so far ive printed out the helmet files as they are and building it to see how much bigger or smaller i need to make it but its going to take forever this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back