The Cybermen Are Coming " You Will Be Deleted "

Status
Not open for further replies.
dale_w said:
I dont suppose you have the scale measurements you used for the helmet? it would save me going out and buying one just for this? so far ive printed out the helmet files as they are and building it to see how much bigger or smaller i need to make it but its going to take forever this way.

if you are using wrising files you will know this as they have a WR at the end.

change the scale from the

face to 10.000000

back to 10.000000

ears to 10.000000

Last edited by a moderator:
unheared said:
if you are using wrising files you will know this as they have a WR at the end.

change the scale from the

face to 10.000000

back to 11.000000

ears to 10.000000

Thanks for that, im gonna give it a go my kids are gonna love it. cant wait for the rest of the files to get posted!!

Dale

dale_w said:
Thanks for that, im gonna give it a go my kids are gonna love it. cant wait for the rest of the files to get posted!!

Dale

I will post as soon as movieman makes them.

dont forget to post photo asap

sorry about the late posting... I kind of got swamped with other, more important work. Will start working on the unfolds more soon!

I used Wrising's files and had no problems, there was a few tricky bits that I left out like the mouth and bits near the eyes but ill work out how to do them later. it seems to fit perfectly and looks great the ears look like they're going to be a nightmare to make though! just need to get some ink, stupid printer wont print with the cyan cartridge empty even though im not using it!

unheared said:
wish they said thanks to you, wrising and movieman you guys did the work i just found the files

I registered an account here specifically so I could come and thank all three of you guys directly. Thank you for both creating and making these available to the rest of us. I love Dr. Who, and have been planning to sculpt a Cyberman out of clay this summer but then these pepakura files popped up. Looks like they would make a great base. As I said in that thread, I can only hope to do half as nice of a job as Finhead did with his Ironman pep sculpt, in twice the amount of time. :lol

Just curious, and hopefully this isn't in a FAQ somewhere that I overlooked - what does it mean to do a new "unfold"? Ie., how are WRising and movieman's files ultimately different?

WRising said:
Love the discussion happening over there. Too bad they didn't say anything about the actually quality of the peps...

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to pep. I loaded all you guys' stuff in the Viewer, and they look freakin' awesome. I look forward to having some time to put it all together, and I only hope that luck is on my side when I attempt to scale 'em. I'm 6'1, and it looks like at least one of you did these files to scale for a 5'11 guy? Any tips or advice you may have in regards to the calculations would be welcome.

I don't think anyone on the thread of the RPF has gotten as far as I have in order to comment on how nice the peps are. It looks like you guys put a lot of work into them, and I'm sure I will be both cursing and blessing you guys as I cut up my fingertips with an xacto knife and glue myself to the table. ;)

Cheers, and many thanks again.

rollerboi said:
I registered an account here specifically so I could come and thank all three of you guys directly. Thank you for both creating and making these available to the rest of us. I love Dr. Who, and have been planning to sculpt a Cyberman out of clay this summer but then these pepakura files popped up. Looks like they would make a great base. As I said in that thread, I can only hope to do half as nice of a job as Finhead did with his Ironman pep sculpt, in twice the amount of time. :lol

Just curious, and hopefully this isn't in a FAQ somewhere that I overlooked - what does it mean to do a new "unfold"? Ie., how are WRising and movieman's files ultimately different?

Lol, thank you so very much. About your question, however, the files, in terms of the 3d model are the same, but the way we separate and change the 2d template is how the files are different. Most of us have different unfolding styles while still trying to make the actual building stage most efficient for others, and that's where you can see differences.

If you ever get the chance, you should try downloading pepakura designer and opening a fairly complex 3d model that hasn't been unfolded. Press "unfold" (the automatic process that designer does) and see what happens. Its an absolute mess.

rollerboi said:
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to pep. I loaded all you guys' stuff in the Viewer, and they look freakin' awesome. I look forward to having some time to put it all together, and I only hope that luck is on my side when I attempt to scale 'em. I'm 6'1, and it looks like at least one of you did these files to scale for a 5'11 guy? Any tips or advice you may have in regards to the calculations would be welcome.

I don't think anyone on the thread of the RPF has gotten as far as I have in order to comment on how nice the peps are. It looks like you guys put a lot of work into them, and I'm sure I will be both cursing and blessing you guys as I cut up my fingertips with an xacto knife and glue myself to the table. ;)

Cheers, and many thanks again.

Scaling shouldn't be too hard, (by the way, I scaled them to myself, hence 5'11"... its probably changed already, I'm 16. lol) My suggestion for scaling, take your height - 6'1" - and divide by my height - 5'11" - which should give you your scaling factor: 1.028169 You will need to multiply your scaling factor by the scale factor in the file (done from pep designer). Its a tad tedious because you have to do it with every file, but you should be fine.

Any more questions or comments feel free to say anything!

message from movieman.

I am away on location working for a while now, can only access this on my PDA , will continue to finish creating other 3d cyberman parts and exploding them when I get back home. thank the guy who is smoothing out my explodes, he is doing a good job. Notice people struggling with cyberman scaling.... I set scale to 10.... this will fit someone who is between 5 ft 8 inche to a 6 ft 2 inch person with a chest size of between 40 to 46 inch chest, the helmet is set to the scale of the toy version and also the correct size for the screen worn versions. Did it in 3 part for ease of construct in card, ears will simply slot on to rest of the completed helmet.

All the best Steve.

I love the work being done in this thread, can't wait for the rest of the files to be uploaded; I was looking at the cyberman head and I noticed a small gap when you view the back of the helmet, ears and the front face combined; was this a slight error in the original files, because if it is then it can be easily fixed. sorry, I just tend to make sure it will translate well once it is being assembled.

OxA said:
I love the work being done in this thread, can't wait for the rest of the files to be uploaded; I was looking at the cyberman head and I noticed a small gap when you view the back of the helmet, ears and the front face combined; was this a slight error in the original files, because if it is then it can be easily fixed. sorry, I just tend to make sure it will translate well once it is being assembled.

was it in wrising files too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back