The Cybermen Are Coming " You Will Be Deleted "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all fellow cyberfans,

page 1 has been updated

message from movieman

" I have now uploaded the top arm section for the cyberman armour into the download section, you will be able to access this once it has been approved.

Due to the curves and complex detail in this part, the pdo contains a lot of parts.... anyone wishing to smoothout the pdo, please feel free to do so, but please share with others..... all cyber parts are set to scale 10 which will fit most people. I have started on the legs, but once more they are full of curves and detail so it will be awhile til I finish them, just keep a lookout on this section

steve

p.s with this PDO you will beable to create both the left and the right top arm, I didn't bother with the rod as it would be better made in wood or plastic tubing."

thank again m8

unheared said:
was it in wrising files too ?

Right now, it can only be seen with the original files since the wrising files still don't have the ears uploaded; here is a pic to explain:

[attachment=16350:ScreenHunter_01 May. 05 15.46.jpg]

The two little openings you see near the top of the picture are actually supposed to be sealed off so the helmet appears to be one complete piece; if left unchecked, it will cause issues down the line when putting each piece together and will require going back and fixing it/reprinting.

Luckily, it appears to be a very simple fix which will then make it a complete helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
OxA said:
Right now, it can only be seen with the original files since the wrising files still don't have the ears uploaded; here is a pic to explain:

[attachment=16350:ScreenHunter_01 May. 05 15.46.jpg]

The two little openings you see near the top of the picture are actually supposed to be sealed off so the helmet appears to be one complete piece; if left unchecked, it will cause issues down the line when putting each piece together and will require going back and fixing it/reprinting.

Luckily, it appears to be a very simple fix which will then make it a complete helmet.

ok will fix this asap

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see if I can correct this also, and join all three parts (back, ears, face) to make them as pep-friendly as possible.

And I love your current avatar, btw.

cyber24fj.jpg

this is not my helmet but in the end your helmet will look like this you will need to add a few things as see in the photo's 2 and 3 to be screen accurate

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the Forum and having found my way here via the Cyberman Builders Group. As I'm in the process of (trying) to develop a Doctor Who fan-film(s) and having decided on featuring the New Series Cybusmen in a story, when I happened upon this thread about making such a costume out of card(!!!) using Pepakura Designer (which I'd never heard of before) I saw an opportunity for a non-modeler like myself to perhaps actually be able to make one of these things. Maybe.

After my first small attempt at this, all I can say is WOW! I am mightily impressed with the Pepakura Cyberman costume! Many, many thanks to Movieman for creating the pep files in the first place and making them available to fellow fans, and also to WRising for 'unfolding' said files for newbies like me to the this amazing process! It's a bit fiddly and you need a bit of patience but, you know what, it works really well (at least it has so far on the lower arm section I've begun with)!

As soon as I'm able to, I'll post some pics of my progress for all to see but I have to say I'm very confident in the results these Pepakura files are going to produce. Thanks once again to Movieman and WRising for all your hard work!

Pepakura is the way!

Daz

Any news on the leg files yet? I'm going to start building it as soon as I have all the parts. I'm working with a UK based charity group who dress up as characters from Dr. Who, star wars, ghostbusters etc, raising money for all different charities. We are in need of as cyberman, as the one we have is a 70's design.

Thanks in advance!

I'm currently working on the upper arm section doing some each night in my spare time. I've already completed the lower arm which looks really nice IMO but won't move on to the next parts of the process (resin/fiberglass. etc.) until I have a good few paper-parts completed. As soon as I have one full arm though I want to move on to the head and chest sections and I'll try to post some pics soon to show my progress...

Daz

here is a message for movieman himself.

"Hi all sorry about the delay's.... very busy working at the moment, anyway I have uploaded the lower leg pdo for the cyberman into the download section. http://www.4shared.com/file/1Q0rxzKq/cyberman_lower_leg.html
newdalek.jpg

and for anyone interested..... I have just finished creating the new version daleks, which I need to unfold, I can set it to life sized for those wish to build a fiberglass version or you could use the printout as templetes to build a wooden version.... here is a pdo picture."

all thanks goes to my friend movieman.

so please thank him. ;)

Tell him he is awesome and give him a great big thank you from me. One more leg piece, and I'll be working my a$$ off to pep this beast, from the top down. I will upload pics as soon as it is done.

P.S. that Dalek is AWESOME

I have most of the pepped now and as soon as the last few pieces are available, I will be scaring the neighborhood children with this suit! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back