Props Nerf Halo Reach: Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to burst a bubble here... but with modifying Nerf guns being one of the first hobbies I got into...

The Recon is a terrible gun. After shooting it for so long, I'd be surprised if the dart would even make it out of the barrel.

Looks awesome though.

Crazy Ivan said:
Not to burst a bubble here... but with modifying Nerf guns being one of the first hobbies I got into...

The Recon is a terrible gun. After shooting it for so long, I'd be surprised if the dart would even make it out of the barrel.

Looks awesome though.

Yeah, though as far as aesthetic modding capability goes, the Recon gets a lot of points. Even the LS isn't that versatile, aesthetically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly the best way to get performance AND aesthetics would be to make the FAR by Boltsniper. Just make the basic FAR and modify it to have a "lefty" bolt configuration and to make the shells eject on the right side (opposite of the charging handle). Then add extra parts for aesthetics.

Back on topic, very nice work so far.

spartan.062 said:
Possibly the best way to get performance AND aesthetics would be to make the FAR by Boltsniper. Just make the basic FAR and modify it to have a "lefty" bolt configuration and to make the shells eject on the right side (opposite of the charging handle). Then add extra parts for aesthetics.

Back on topic, very nice work so far.

FARs are hard to make, and terrible for aesthetics. He's going for looks, not performance, and that's the Recon's excellent point. Though you are right about its performance. I hosted a massive Nerf war in D/FW last year and someone had an FAR, I think, but it was out of commission, and never saw use.

But, enough with the thread-jacking... :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've gotten a little bit of work done on my Reach Sniper, but most of my time is going towards my ODST helmets. Anyway, Heres what I got. I've resined and reinforced some of the fore parts for the Sniper body itself and I have built the support stands or whatever they're called out of plasticard and they turned out pretty awesome. I still have to sand down the Rondo-ed parts though.
0619001835a.jpg

0619001835.jpg

0619001831.jpg

As for my Night vision scope, I cant get the right NVGs for a real night vision scope, so I plan on using the same IR camera rig that i'm using with my helmets. Its all still on the board though.
RANDOM POST:
DARTH VADER A-6 Intruder Tail from the Armed Forces Open House/Air show at Andrews AFB, MD.
0516001300.jpg

Alright, so After Seeing the other Reach Builds AND Being Bored out of my mind while waiting for my sander to be fixed, I've kicked my Nerf Halo Reach Sniper into Overdrive. I've Finished the Foregrip, added major details, Built the barrel, and reinforced the stock. SO by now, I've done everything except the Scope and the little hinge thingys on the bottom of grip and stock. Here's my progress so far.
0626002149.jpg

0626002147a.jpg

0626002147.jpg

I'm still planning the scope and I'll use the same Night Vision mechanism I'm using in my ODST Helmets. While I'm waiting on components, Here's my Crude but mostly accurate Diagram for my scope.
ReachScopeDiagram.jpg

Comments/Feedback are Appreciated!
ALSO: Cookie for whoever guesses the Font in the diagram!
Close, but not IMPACT

Good idea for the scope setup. Just for future reference, the "camera" is called a Low-Level Infrared Sensor, as I recall.

For my ODST helmet, I wanted to make a set of sniper goggles that can flip down over the visor, with a camera lens in the main lens, with zoom capabilities, and an IR rig in the secondary. But, I had no idea how I was going to integrate the IR to the camera display.

Since building my own Halo 3 sniper rifle, I have been at a stalemate for product to use for the scope display and input camera system. Until I get electronics, I have a non-functioning scope, which is not nearly as cool as a working one!

Your item/product description is a great help, thanks!

Wow man this is looking pretty freaking sweet. I don't know if you've answered this. I didn't see it in the thread, but is it going to be funtional after you finish. Or will it be just for show?

so ive been looking for monitors for an in helmet night vision, is the monitor you are using in the scope small enough to fit in a helmet? and where would i get one?

wow that is awsome I might do nerf modding for my guns instead of pep and the idea for the scope is ingenious.

man, you can tell this site is awesome when you think you have seen everything awesome and it still surprises you (i ran out of words for awesome)

Nice. It looks really good. but if you use that red shift at least when it comes out it would be better and easier. But nice sniper man

Hey! Since I decided to make Jun, I decided to get cracking on painting my Sniper Rifle. Here’s what I have so far. All I have left to do is add some minor details, finish painting and Make the scope.
Because I don’t have money to burn (due to new iPod, Jun Armor, College, etc.), for now I am making a normal lens scope. Hopefully, I plan to implement my NV scope though…someday…
0925000913.jpg

0925000911.jpg

0925000918.jpg

0925000910.jpg

0925000920.jpg

0925000910b.jpg

Wow man this is looking pretty freaking sweet. I don't know if you've answered this. I didn't see it in the thread, but is it going to be funtional after you finish. Or will it be just for show?
Well to be functional, I need to install a secondary Airsoft spring so the dart can get out of the barrel. Unfortunately, that wears down HEAVILY on the cheap Nerf plastic. So the answer is partially, when I need it functional, I'll replace the core gun with a different recon core.
Good idea for the scope setup. Just for future reference, the "camera" is called a Low-Level Infrared Sensor, as I recall.
For my ODST helmet, I wanted to make a set of sniper goggles that can flip down over the visor, with a camera lens in the main lens, with zoom capabilities, and an IR rig in the secondary. But, I had no idea how I was going to integrate the IR to the camera display.
Thanks! I'm doing the same with my ODSTs, but We haven't been able to muster the money for the HUDs...
great progress! your using the pepakura scope right?
For now, no. But eventually, and I MEAN EVENTUALLY, Ill be using the pepakura to make my NV Scope. For now, however, i'm just using a painted longshot scope :/
so ive been looking for monitors for an in helmet night vision, is the monitor you are using in the scope small enough to fit in a helmet? and where would i get one?
The HUD is the headset for an SpyGear ATV 360 R/C car. Since the camera is analog output, it can be converted to interface with an analog device (my NV Camera). The car costs $117 (funny coincidence, right?) so its a bit expensive, but we're working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back