Props Nerf Halo Reach: Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
i luv watching this thread i have started my own sniper useing a few of your ideas and will give credit to you for coming up with the idea to use the CS-6 for this when i do my thread but i cant wait to see how yours looks when done keep up the good work man.......

Wow, This is pretty awesome, glad I came across this thread.
Out of curiosity, how long will the finished sniper be?
I can't remember the length in the game but I thought they were about as long as a person is tall.

I don't know if it'd be possible to work around the flimsy nerf plastic by cutting out the section that has failed/will fail and replace it with pvc or wood, cuz from what I understand, it's just the casing that holds all the components together that's flimsy rather than the complex crap that's in the gun.

Also, I have never seen the boltsniper stuff, but thanks to whoever posted that, I have now. Kinda curious as to whether or not they have any other (smaller) weapons that you could use for the M6b pistol or the M7s ODST SMG.

I can't remember the length in the game but I thought they were about as long as a person is tall.

I don't know if it'd be possible to work around the flimsy nerf plastic by cutting out the section that has failed/will fail and replace it with pvc or wood, cuz from what I understand, it's just the casing that holds all the components together that's flimsy rather than the complex crap that's in the gun.

Also, I have never seen the boltsniper stuff, but thanks to whoever posted that, I have now. Kinda curious as to whether or not they have any other (smaller) weapons that you could use for the M6b pistol or the M7s ODST SMG.

The gun comes in at a few inches under five feet. I scaled the parts and components to fit the Nerf recon so that it would look uniform and nice. I know firsthand how flimsy Nerf plastic can be. In this gun, I had an airsoft spring powering the bolt and It broke the plastic. I am considering redoing that part.

The gun comes in at a few inches under five feet. I scaled the parts and components to fit the Nerf recon so that it would look uniform and nice. I know firsthand how flimsy Nerf plastic can be. In this gun, I had an airsoft spring powering the bolt and It broke the plastic. I am considering redoing that part.

Mmm good size.
Is there any reason you didnt just make it a spring powered airsoft sniper rather than a nerf gun?

Any ideas on what you are considering doing to replace the parts?

Mmm good size.
Is there any reason you didnt just make it a spring powered airsoft sniper rather than a nerf gun?
Any ideas on what you are considering doing to replace the parts?
A. I chose the recon because its cheaper and more liking to the Reach Sniper. Also I didnt want to worry about chopping up pieces and recoil from an airsoft gun messing up my mod.
B. For now I am forced to buy a new Recon and do an organ transplant, but I hope to find somewhere online that can cast metal parts... someday...

B. For now I am forced to buy a new Recon and do an organ transplant, but I hope to find somewhere online that can cast metal parts... someday...

Well, I have a feeling you are in the right community, you just need to find the right person to ask.

to compact, the only way a nerf gun will fire is if the air pressure is high enough to the propel the dart out the chamber.
amendmant: you could try using a scout or a nite finder for that project.

Truly awesome work!!!
I was wondering how you got the bipod to remain flat when it was up and bent when deployed?
I have been racking my brain over the concept!! XD

Truly awesome work!!!
I was wondering how you got the bipod to remain flat when it was up and bent when deployed?

Rather than bending the bipod/legs pieces, just alter the piece that they are connected to and rotate about.
To put it simply. If you were to look at the gun as though it were facing you/you're looking down the barrel. Then looking at the Piece that the Legs connect to, the piece would be Trapezoidal in shape.
Like: /_\
And depending on how steep the sides of the trapezoid are, that would adjust how far the Bipod's feet sit apart when down.

Hope that made sense.

Rather than bending the bipod/legs pieces, just alter the piece that they are connected to and rotate about.
To put it simply. If you were to look at the gun as though it were facing you/you're looking down the barrel. Then looking at the Piece that the Legs connect to, the piece would be Trapezoidal in shape.
And depending on how steep the sides of the trapezoid are, that would adjust how far the Bipod's feet sit apart when down.

Hope that made sense.

I was looking into that option but I would like to stay as true to the model as possible.... And so far Sithslayer78 is the only one (through my research) that managed to do it! XD

Truly awesome work!!!

I've also been trying to figure this out myself, from what I can see it almost looks like he took the reinforcement bars out of one of those cheap dollar store kites (the little plastic tube ones), cut them to allow for bending, and wrap the two pieces in a flexible sleeve (plastic tubing, electrical tape, etc.). He said the actual "body" of them are made out of plasticard, which allows for limited bending, but when scored and bent allow for a good form alteration. I'm hoping to try this build myself (with the OP's consent of course) and try those ideas, but then again, resourcefulness and creativity is what this board is based on, so don't throw away a good idea.

Can I use this idea? you will get ALL the credit, maybe even more than all!! But can It shoot?

Back on the 3rd(?) page, you'll notice he said he got a test fire to come out of the elongated barrel. He did have to include some modifications such as a more powerful airsoft spring that consequencely snapped the breech holding tab, thus rendering the firing capabilities to nil. So to answer your question, yes, it CAN shoot, it does however require modification and reinforcement of critical parts in order to do so.

Sorry if that came out arrogant, it really didn't mean to.

if you decide to redo a few pieces, i'd suggest sheet styrene over cardboard, you can get some very nice edges and detail with styrene that you cannot keep with cardboard, on account of it getting 'wet'

what a build! You're making me want to re build the sniper that got crushed. I did just recently acquire some more cardboard thanks to my siblings selling cookie dough... perhaps after my chaingun is finished.

Truly awesome work!!!
Hope that made sense.
I was looking into that option but I would like to stay as true to the model as possible.... And so far Sithslayer78 is the only one (through my research) that managed to do it! XD
I've also been trying to figure this out myself, from what I can see it almost looks like he took the reinforcement bars out of one of those cheap dollar store kites (the little plastic tube ones), cut them to allow for bending, and wrap the two pieces in a flexible sleeve (plastic tubing, electrical tape, etc.). He said the actual "body" of them are made out of plasticard, which allows for limited bending, but when scored and bent allow for a good form alteration. I'm hoping to try this build myself (with the OP's consent of course) and try those ideas, but then again, resourcefulness and creativity is what this board is based on, so don't throw away a good idea.

Back on the 3rd(?) page, you'll notice he said he got a test fire to come out of the elongated barrel. He did have to include some modifications such as a more powerful airsoft spring that consequencely snapped the breech holding tab, thus rendering the firing capabilities to nil. So to answer your question, yes, it CAN shoot, it does however require modification and reinforcement of critical parts in order to do so.

Sorry if that came out arrogant, it really didn't mean to.

Sorry for the confusion guys. The Bipod is made of layers of plasticard that bend at a point where I cut it into two pieces and added cloth to allow it to bend. Here are the layers for each one.

Semi-Circle Plastic strip.
Thick Plasticard
Thin plasticard
Thick Plasticard
Semi-Circle Plastic strip.

And BEFORE you use this method you should note that the Bipod DOES NOT support the weight of the gun, and it cannot stand alone. The picture you saw had one end propped up against the ammo box and I was holding the other while taking the picture. Yeah. I CHEATED! *GASP* The Bipod is just there for aesthetics, but maybe one day I can get it to work. (Along with the other details of this gun )
if you decide to redo a few pieces, i'd suggest sheet styrene over cardboard, you can get some very nice edges and detail with styrene that you cannot keep with cardboard, on account of it getting 'wet'
Idk. I know that cardboard wont stand up to much, but I don't know If I'll Have time. If I do, Ill definitely be using better materials. This is my final build with cardboard. From now On, I'm using plasticard or foam to replace Cardboard.
what a build! You're making me want to re build the sniper that got crushed. I did just recently acquire some more cardboard thanks to my siblings selling cookie dough... perhaps after my chaingun is finished.
Thanks!
Can I use this idea? you will get ALL the credit, maybe even more than all!! But can It shoot?
Modding Nerf Guns is NOT my idea, but I use it often. Go ahead. :) And for now, no it cannot shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back