Props Nerf Halo Reach: Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk. I know that cardboard wont stand up to much, but I don't know If I'll Have time. If I do, Ill definitely be using better materials. This is my final build with cardboard. From now On, I'm using plasticard or foam to replace Cardboard.

oh! i didn't realize you've been using the term plasticard, its the same stuff as sheet styrene.
the main difference i know is hobby stores sell small amounts about the rough size of a comic book for around 3 to 5 bucks and call it plasticard.
while a plastics factory will sell you a sheet of styrene for 40 bucks that is the size of a king size bed.

same stuff, but much more affordable in bulk.
i bought a bed sized piece two years ago, and i've only used perhaps half of my supply in projects and commissions.

This build is awesome. The finished version doesn't look anything like a nerf gun!!! you are quite good at what you do, can't wait to see this thing with the scope attached. Definately watching this topic.

Sorry for the confusion guys. The Bipod is made of layers of plasticard that bend at a point where I cut it into two pieces and added cloth to allow it to bend. Here are the layers for each one.

Semi-Circle Plastic strip.
Thick Plasticard
Thin plasticard
Thick Plasticard
Semi-Circle Plastic strip.

And BEFORE you use this method you should note that the Bipod DOES NOT support the weight of the gun, and it cannot stand alone. The picture you saw had one end propped up against the ammo box and I was holding the other while taking the picture. Yeah. I CHEATED! *GASP* The Bipod is just there for aesthetics, but maybe one day I can get it to work. (Along with the other details of this gun )

Very sneaky.... I went back and had a closer look and sure enough, it was resting on the ammo box..... /sigh looks like its back to the drawing board.
Still AN AWESOME build!!! XD Nothing will take that away!!

I'm getting ideas from this...my Recon better watch out...this is really well done man. Good luck with the NV

The use of pre-made detail from the Recon fit sooooooo much better than I expected, it really gives character to the gun!

this is an awesome idea i'm for sure following this thread, wouldnt it look better though if you had someone 3d model and unfold the parts you add to it to make it look like the halo on and pepping it? anyway this is awesome keep up the great work

IDK if mines in the wrong forum but this seems like as good a place to suggest as any...have you thought about modding the barrel with flywheels so that A the dart can EXIT the barrel ('cause the recon has like zero power) and B so that you can turn it into an ACTUAL sniper rifle?

IDK if mines in the wrong forum but this seems like as good a place to suggest as any...have you thought about modding the barrel with flywheels so that A the dart can EXIT the barrel ('cause the recon has like zero power) and B so that you can turn it into an ACTUAL sniper rifle?

Mreh. I just cant see the practicality of that. I can get it shooting well, its just that doing that wears the parts down pretty easily. Maybe i can get a metal recon or something, haha

Lol darn...I'm looking for ideas how to do that...we figured we'd do an add on like the recon barrel or the longshot barrel...like a motor and flywheels around a barrel...from the looks of your sniper rifle there was a great place to put it at the start of the "barrel" so I was curious

holy crappers :D
i've been looking for a thread like this.. it looks bloody awesome man :D
i want to try and make a reach sniper with a nerf as wel. i was only thinking about wich nerf to use a longstrike or the recon.
so you helped me allot with your concept drawings and stuff :D
do you mind if i save them to my pc, so i can use them as a refference?

and a awesome idea of that nightvision!
do you have a link to a website of the manufactor of those goggles?

cheers mate!
looking forward to see your result!

I'm surprised in the similarities between the toy and the sniper rifle. This would be an easy method of making a very accurate build. Kudos to it.

I know that this thread is pretty old, but out of curiosity what did you use to attach the long barrel of the gun to the recon?

I know that this thread is pretty old, but out of curiosity what did you use to attach the long barrel of the gun to the recon?

Well, yeah it's been a while, but I first made the hole (where the barrel exits in the attachment wider, and I thickened the end of the outside of the inner barrel of the recon attachment so it fit snugly into the attachment frame and over the barrel.

Well, yeah it's been a while, but I first made the hole (where the barrel exits in the attachment wider, and I thickened the end of the outside of the inner barrel of the recon attachment so it fit snugly into the attachment frame and over the barrel.

thanks, Ill have to try this when I'm making my own nerf sniper

I just want to say thanks for the ideas man, I'm giving you credit on my build for the SRS99D-S2AM (Halo 3 Sniper Rifle) I am constructing right now. I hope to have mine finished soon, now that I am getting over the learning curve of the materials and hazmat involved. Thanks again.

Gooberz said:
Nerf-Longstrike-CS-6-1024x320.jpg

This is, however. The Longstrike. I saw one at my local Wal-mart. $30-40.

Yeah, but while it's aesthetically a good-looking sniper rifle, it's not near the design of the rifle in Halo. Mostly, the issue is in the handle, which is near-perfectly angled on the Recon, but is way too shallow on the Longstrike. In any case, coming from a nerfing community, who hates the Recon for its poor performance, I'm glad to see it being used in a way that suits it: aesthetic modification.

(And the Recon DOES have poor performance. The Longshot can be modified to shoot 150 feet with stock darts, easy, but the Recon has never been pushed past 50. Plus, the LS isn't even in the top tier for range or accuracy. However, both are incredibly well-suited to aesthetics, and that's the purpose, here, right?)

I can't wait to see how sexy this Recon ends up...

You can haz recon.

Me personally I would still use longstrike cause any weapons Smith would customize the stock to their liking I would besides there are multiple versions of any gun. So have fun customizing any gun. Me I am turning a stampede into one of the prototype dmr so it looks right with the clip in the middle. However the Ryven is the best to use cause the clip is in the back. Almost as if it was designed to be in halo.

Last edited by a moderator:
How IS the proyect faring anyways now a days? Haven't seen any new pictures in like... years. I mean... I saw this hapaning slowly... But now it seems dead... And it looked so good!

How IS the proyect faring anyways now a days? Haven't seen any new pictures in like... years. I mean... I saw this hapaning slowly... But now it seems dead... And it looked so good!

Not Well, I'm sorry to say. Working out the monitor and getting the camera are the main obstacles in getting this thing working. Currently, I really don't have the money to blow on it, as much as I'd like to. So, I've mounted some fake ass-scope onto it and called it a day, for now.
MTIB5.jpg

I'll keep you updated, but as it is now, until I have an actual use for it, this is how it's going to stay. Sorry chaps.
But that's not to say that I'm not open to ideas.

Foam craft yourself one for teh time being. Or just make it with pepakura and scale it down to fit your gun. It's cheap enough! It'll only cost you time. And for a makeshift scope it should work. Looking better than the current one for sure!

Don't get me wrong! But I like your Sniper rifle so much (I even bought me a Recon nerf gun for it). It would be a schame to leave THAT on! or at least adorn it a bit more with bits 'n bobs and cables!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back