Props The M6X Multi-Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow sliding action?! Thats pretty hot! Wish I could make moving parts in mine, but the most prop engineering that I have is with cardboard and duct tape. :lol Oh and heres how mine turned out. I'm going to resin them soon but they will probably be 1 piece pistols. I'm thinking about adding a red LED light where the scope is. What do you think? Good idea?

Pic%20198s.JPG

Oooh, dual pistols! Very nice job on the pepping too! Great idea with the led. I plan on doing that myself in the near future.

Dude, some nice peps of this thing been popping up since I last checked. working slide? LOVE IT. I need to re-make mine because due to reasons I will not restate here, my pistol is no more. :( I will attempt to re-create the moving slide in my rebuild and may double up on pistols this time. I'm also downloading the improved files since my first build was with the original files and didn't exactly fit. Can't wait to get started!

Just wanted to show everyone what I worked on tonight. I got an interesting idea the other day on how to improve the slide functionality of the pistol, and this is the result...

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this thread; I think a "modular" pep-Magnum is an awesome idea. Props!

This would actually be great for an airsoft-conversion, since all the major parts are already broken up... I may just try it!

I like the concept, but can it also be made to automatically slide back? In any case, it adds to the aesthetics of the prop.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to build that without warping it to hell? Both attempts I made ended up terribly.

SchizophrenicMC said:
Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to build that without warping it to hell? Both attempts I made ended up terribly.

As I stated in an earlier post, I've got a lot of patience. When it come to projects with a lot of detail, I tend to take my time. The downside is that it takes FOREVER to finish a project with a lot of details.

I have thought about making the slide move automatically, but that would involve a higher level of electronics than I'm used to. If I ever have the opportunity and the means to do it, however, I'll jump all over it.

carpathiavh99 said:
As I stated in an earlier post, I've got a lot of patience. When it come to projects with a lot of detail, I tend to take my time. The downside is that it takes FOREVER to finish a project with a lot of details.

I have thought about making the slide move automatically, but that would involve a higher level of electronics than I'm used to. If I ever have the opportunity and the means to do it, however, I'll jump all over it.

Well, what I meant was a method that lets it just slide back, instead of having to release the lever first. :lol Sorry I mis-worded that.

Hmm... I must suck at papercrafting, is all, then, because I spent a good, long while on both attempts, and they came out real warped. Oh well. Props to you for getting them nice.

I do plan on adding a bit more to it once I get the clip finished. I hope to add in a clip release and a mechanism that will disable the slide release while the clip is in place, so the slide will be able to be pulled back and let loose without the slide release catching it, as though you're chambering a round. I'm still working out the fine points of this, but keep an eye here for that.

carpathiavh99 said:
Just wanted to show everyone what I worked on tonight. I got an interesting idea the other day on how to improve the slide functionality of the pistol, and this is the result...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5fhN9tDKQU[/video]

Let me know what you think.

How did you harden it? I could never figure it out?

Edit, is it already scaled? Btw since it is a 3D gun, like with the inside being hollow, how do you actually put it together with out crushing it? I mean is there a certain order you do it in so that you can attatch all the pieces together? And what were the parts you used to make the lock mechanism, it looks like a slide handle held taught with some type of cord, a great idea!

Trando434 said:
How did you harden it? I could never figure it out?

Edit, is it already scaled? Btw since it is a 3D gun, like with the inside being hollow, how do you actually put it together with out crushing it? I mean is there a certain order you do it in so that you can attatch all the pieces together? And what were the parts you used to make the lock mechanism, it looks like a slide handle held taught with some type of cord, a great idea!

There are actually only three types of parts to this gun that are completely closed, the grips, reach bottom attachment and the clips, everything else is open and accessible. To assemble these without crushing them, well, patience for starters, but I always plan it so that the last part put on has no tabs (this was the top part of the clips and the reach attachment and the back part of the grips). As for putting them all together, I didn't even try until I had them hardened, then I sanded and adjusted until they all fit.

As I stated earlier, the clip, receiver and the G attachment were hardened by slush-casting rondo. The handle and the slide were hardened with a slower curing resin. To harden the grip, I cut a hole in the bottom of the piece and poured the slow-curing resin in until it was completely filled, then, once the resin hardened, sanded until smooth. Oh, and yes, also stated before the scale of this pistol is correct.

For the slide and the lock mechanism, it's all jury rigged. The slide consists of two small eye bolts (you can see one of the bolts in the latest vid) and a rubber band. The lock mechanism consists of a thin wood dowel, some scrap styrene plastic and some stretchy thread used in necklace beading tied to the eye bolt in the receiver.

Hope this answers your questions. More to come as I get time.

Hey what are you supposed to do with those really small pieces, i turned on edge ID, and all the numbers are overlapping making it hard to tell where they go? What should I do?

Which small parts? I know that some are pretty small. What I do is assemble the model with pepakura designer on right in front of me, that way if I come across a piece I'm unfamiliar with, I just click on the part on the program and it shows me where it goes and how it attaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back