Props The M6X Multi-Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpathia

Sr Member
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF IMPROVING THIS FILE. DOWNLOAD THIS ONE IF YOU WANT, BUT A NEW FILE WILL BE RELEASED SOON.

Some of you who have been following Nightshade's ODST thread may have seen a sneek peek of the pistol I've been working on, well, it's finally ready to be released. I've been working on and off on this pep file for a little over a month now, and I feel that it is good enough to be distributed. Now, the original model is a pre-existing sketchup model, designed by "Furious George" in the Sketchup 3D Warehouse. I say orignal model because I have HEAVILY modified it to make it pep-friendly So here is the link...

http://www.4shared.com/file/CqYHX5wy/M6X_Multi-Pistol.html

For those of you who haven't heard, this pistol is special, in many ways. The most obvious feature is that it is actually four pistols spanning four Halo games.

M6C.png

This is the M6C, the pistol from Halo 2. This is also the base pistol, made up of the grip, slide, receiver, trigger and clip.

M6G.png

This is the M6G, the pistol from Halo 3. Essentially, it's the M6C, with the laser attachment on the barrel. This attachment is my work.

M6CSOCOM.png

This is the M6S SOCOM, the pistol from Halo 3: ODST. Again, it's just the M6C with the SOCOM silencer attachment.

M6GReach-1.png

This is the M6G, Reach version from Halo: Reach. This pistol uses the trigger, receiver and slide, but has a different grip and clip, and upper and lower attachments. These attachments are my work.

On top of the fact that this pistol is actually four in one, it's also broken down into multiple pieces to ease the pepping process, here's how it's broken down...

PartsBreakdown-1.png

Enjoy!

Thank you! looks great!

EDIT: the initial download looks great! It'd be cool to build it with the SOCOM attachment and the hump thingy for the G. Lovin it!

started this last night, finished the grip and mag. its a hard file but not too hard. and the only good M6C standalone out there

See, I was hoping someone would do this before I had to. I mean, the M6 is the M6, whether it's a D or a SOCOM. It's just got different attachments, based on the type.

Good work, man. Great model, solid pep.

i love you!!! iv been waiting for this for sooooooo :eek long that i was gona have a break down :rolleyes thanks man your the best

Man, I shouldn't have started in pepakura with a pistol. The old pistol file was the fist thing I made, and it turned out crooked and bowed. If I had waited, I could have saved myself all that pain and trouble, but hey, lessons learned and all that. Plus, experience is priceless. I can always fix it up for a backup. I am definitely making this one. I just finished pepping my sniper rifle today, and I might start on the pistol as soon as tomorrow. So THANK YOU for putting the work and time into this. A 3-in-1 is an amazing idea. Good thing I got plenty of cardstock and glue.

edit:I've started the pep and at the rate I'm going I should finish tomorrow. Depends on how late I stay up tonight. Its already looking better than my first attempt at a pistol.

For all of those interested in this pep file, I've recently fixed the size problem with the clip. Before, the clip walls were exactly the same size as the inner grip walls, making the fit of the clip into the grip impossible. This has been corrected and the link updated in post #1. The rest of the pistol is still the same, so if you are working on this file, you only have to reprint page #4, the clip/trigger page.

well, I typed this once but thanks to my crappy internet, lost the post. The clip fits, albeit extremely tight. The only problem I've had so far is that on the silencer, the part that wraps around the barrel of the gun appears to have the same problem as the clip you mentioned, being the same size. But then again, I'm no expert in pepakura, so it may be the way I put the rest of the gun together. I don't know. Just thought I'd let you know. Not that its a big deal, I can fix it I'm sure. Maybe a more experienced pepakura person can give some feedback on it.

Maverick-17 said:
well, I typed this once but thanks to my crappy internet, lost the post. The clip fits, albeit extremely tight. The only problem I've had so far is that on the silencer, the part that wraps around the barrel of the gun appears to have the same problem as the clip you mentioned, being the same size. But then again, I'm no expert in pepakura, so it may be the way I put the rest of the gun together. I don't know. Just thought I'd let you know. Not that its a big deal, I can fix it I'm sure. Maybe a more experienced pepakura person can give some feedback on it.

After finding the problem with the clip, I checked the fit with the silencer. Yep, same problem. Also true with the attachment of the grip to the receiver and the slide to the receiver. I guess I overlooked this when I was designing the model. There are ways around this, however. I'm currently constructing the pistol as well, and I plan coating the inside of most of the parts with rondo. I can then sand away some of the model's surface so it will fit into the add-on parts. That is the best suggestion I can offer for now. Harden the pep, fill it with something and sand some of the surface away.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what I was planning to do. I thought I might cut it in half and put something on the inside so i could sand through the paper and still have some pistol there. I'm used to my projects involving plenty of trial-and-error, so no complaints here. Still an awesome file. I know my cousin (and fellow halo fan) will be jealous as heck when he sees it. It may convince him to join up and start his own armor. who knows? Thanks again for the effort you put into making this.

Maverick-17 i thought maybe you can drill a little hole in your pistol, and them poor resin inside en kinda cast it on the inside by rotating you gun. In the end you could fix the hole with some bondo.

Now that you mention it, I pulled the pistol out to look at it, and sure enough, if you pull the slide off, the main body of the gun isn't sealed off. So, no drilling required. I may just do that. I have a can of resin that I haven't even opened yet. If I did cut it in half though, I could fiberglass it as well, and make it all the more sturdy. Ah, i'll figure that out once i get this thing done in pep. THEN I'll worry about strengthening it.

jurgenp1 said:
i thought maybe you can drill a little hole in your pistol, and them poor resin inside en kinda cast it on the inside by rotating you gun. In the end you could fix the hole with some bondo.

Pretty much what I had planned on doing, though instead of just resin, a 50:50 ratio mix of rondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay then. I've got the pep "done", or at least, as done as I'm gonna get it in the pepping stage. I left out the little indentions and such, as I plan to fill the inside and put the indentions in then, by simply carving/sanding/etc. them out, as opposed to cutting, scoring, and folding all those tiny ridges and trying to glue them all in. I must say I am extremely pleased with this one. When I look down the barrel, it looks pretty durn straight, especially compared to my first attempt. Its much more sturdy than said first pistol as well, and the fact that the pieces aren't all glued together is especially a plus with me, as I just LOVE it when stuff like this has functioning parts, or even better, interchangeable parts, as is the case here. The size seems perfect to me, (I noticed a mention above that the pistol may be a bit too large) the attachments look great, and I even like the little emblems placed all over the gun. Kinda makes me wanna leave parts of it unpainted. :) If I can get a good pic of it later, I might put it as my avatar. Great job on the modeling and unfolding. Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record on that, but it made putting this one together so much easier than the first one I did. This and the sniper have to be my two most prized pep projects so far, and the most fun to make, as well. Man I can't wait till I can use the garage again so I can strengthen, smooth, and paint these puppies.

okay, here goes. Like I said, its not the best, but thats due to my lack of experience in pepakura. Most of the small indentions and such have been left out, as I will be adding those details when I bondo it. I didn't know which configuration to take a pic of and upload, so I just took a pic of all the components laid out together. Personally my favorite is the odst silencer setup. (I think it looks even cooler without the magazine sticking out of the bottom) Anyways, heres the pic.[attachment=15735:03312323.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back