Captain America Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkmark4

Jr Member
So I'm starting this 2night. Here's some pics to show what I plan for it. I'm making giving it a tech-side. The handle will be a box that the forearm slips into with a grip inside. The grip will have a release button to throw the shield. The arm peice will remain on Cap's arm. Then on the armpiece will be controls. I doubt it'll be able to be guided as to left or right but the edges of the shield will pop out and spin like a rotary saw. The center blue part is sunk down cause it's gonna have a blue plastic over it that through it you can see the mechanics working. Right now I'm cutting n gluing the pep.

Dude... that is gonna be so freakin difficult to do... just throwing that out there... But, if you can pull this off, you will be my hero. lol Looking forward to seeing more of this! :)

i'm sure it'll turn into a spinning mess of shield, but it'd be cool 2 pull off. Hell even if the spin doesnt keep it airborn, it'd be cool to see spin midair. But then the crash would suck..lol. I'm rather good at riggin things 2gether so we'll see.

Main thing I am concerned about, is Newtons laws. Unless you have some sort of stabilizer, the "blades" will only half-spin as the main body of the shield spins the opposite way, kinda like a helicopter without it's tail rotar.

valid point. I'm kinda using the concept of the little foam helicopters. We'll see what happens once I have $ for the electronics. For now, I just wanna make the shield with the moveable parts. I'm thinking they'll be spring loaded when the open up...either that or servos, but that can get pricey too.

Ok, this pic is seperated a bit so let me explain. The bottom circle peice goes inside the shield to cover the mechanics and allow for the arm peice to attach to the shield. The little cyclinder part is the hand grip for inside the armpeice. I plan to modify the armpeice after I get it working.

If nothing else, I'd like to get it spinning. Airborn isn't necessary but I plan to make an Avengers live-action short and this would look badass in it.

lol, the pic kinda reminds me of the starship enterprise

The cheapest (and probably easiest) way to get it spinning, would be to have a gear-track/inertia wheel set-up. you could use a spring or motor driven launching mechanism to get the wheel up to speed, and then inertia from the wheel keeps it going and stable in flight.

I'm also thinking that as long as the blades are alot lighter than the body, that they'd spin faster then the body. I dont mind the body spinning a little.

\/ \/ Pep so far \/ \/

I only had a tiny bit of resin left but it was enough to coat the shield once. There's one part that kept wanting to pop outta place, hence the windex pep-er weight...haha

EDIT: So i also played around w/ a pic to render what i want it to look like. The blue rim is just a glow effect i threw in.

Hey I wanted to start off by saying this is awesome bro and thank you for allowing others to use this model. I have done a quick unfold of my own and wanted to share it with everyone. I did not unfold the back of the shield such as the part that enables you to hold it. I just wanted the shield itself as a prop to hang up. This took me about an hour and a half. Hope you all enjoy.And by the way, this was my very first unfold. I finally know how to do it. Im up for some projects now.

im coming odd up tipsy-lands-ville after a night out and decided against going 2 bed, so now that i have some materials, im rondo'ing my shield. I'll post back in an hour or so and keep u posted.

my shield is made of rubber and it can fly and hit heads with definite injury just joking. but yeah.

I_fight_for_Freedom_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back