Gears Of War Project Carmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

azneraz

Hey guys, ive been away for quite some time and now that i have some more time on my hands i wanted to post some progress pictures of my Carmine Helmet From GoW1.

I had a thread prior to my absence but its been locked and thats why i started a new one =D

Here are some images of the helmet at the moment, i was smoothing with some bondo and sanding etc to get a smooth dome for the back of the helmet and the top horn area.

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

enjoy =D

Looks Pretty! I always liked carmine in the games. and then when he died and they introduced his bro in the 2 one and he died again. I was like WTF?

But the helm looks sick, you doin the rest of the armour by any chance?

Cheers, Dave.

XxCALIBERxX said:
Looks Pretty! I always liked carmine in the games. and then when he died and they introduced his bro in the 2 one and he died again. I was like WTF?

But the helm looks sick, you doin the rest of the armour by any chance?

Cheers, Dave.

Hey thanks, Umm i one day would like to, but seeing as this has taken me ages i may hold off untill this helmet is fully done with. main issue is now to get the eyes to illuminate lol so yea.

Last edited by a moderator:
lookin good dude, i had an idea for the eyes. put a couple of small LEDs around the eye souckets, say 3 or 4. the use either a thick piece of perspex, ie 1.5-2cm to illuminate the whole thing. or if that doenst work, angle them outward to project the light, and do like a double layer visor with a small gap in between, put a tinted one on the inside so you dont have bright light shining dircetly in your eyes. just a random though when i read your post. hope its of some help to you

hognoshal said:
lookin good dude, i had an idea for the eyes. put a couple of small LEDs around the eye souckets, say 3 or 4. the use either a thick piece of perspex, ie 1.5-2cm to illuminate the whole thing. or if that doenst work, angle them outward to project the light, and do like a double layer visor with a small gap in between, put a tinted one on the inside so you dont have bright light shining dircetly in your eyes. just a random though when i read your post. hope its of some help to you

hey thanks, as for the ideas for the visor, i would like to try the double lens idea although im stuck on what material im going to use for the lenses them self, its kinda expensive to get a motorcycle visor to cut holes in it and if doesnt work it will be a waste ya know? I am also considering using some really thin prespex and looking into translucent paints. As for the lights to illuminate the lens' i rekon around 3 on each side would be nice with the double lens idea, i dont want to go blind =D More updates will be coming shortly. Thanks again. =D

Hey guys just stoped by to post a update on the helmet. Also i have recieved a request from a member on our forums for the pep files, im pretty sure there is a thread but here they are anyway just so people can have quick access to them.

http://www.filefront.com/16050555/ACarmine-Gear-Shackz.rar

The pack includes the Acarmine Chest, Boots/Shins. Belt and Shoulders.Also the Helmet done by agbates. =D

As for the images here I did a 3rd round of bondo'in and smoothing then wanted to try something different, i used some air drying clay to fill the tiny tiny holes and the fix some shaping issues.

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

Enjoy =D

i just downloaded the pep files and they dont seem to be working on my GLC-player ,i use to see 3D models, are there .obj files of carmine's armor? am i doing somthing wrong?

It's looking pretty good. :) As far as getting the eyes to illuminate, you could probably use a similar method that some people have used for the iron man masks. I personally don't know much about that stuff, but there are some good WIP threads where people have even listed what they did for the eyes. Try looking at some of those. :p

if you can get the eye illumination right, this thread would be uber helpful for those making Helghast costumes. I have read far too many threads about helghast costumes that look great, but the eyes are never that piercing orange look that they have in the games.

Hey guys thanks for all the well wishes for this build =D i have some updates coming soon wif the paintjob etc but first take a first look at the all new Gears of War 3 Ashes to Ashes Trailer =D enjoy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTfmSf5I2uM[/media]

Shackz said:
Hey guys thanks for all the well wishes for this build =D i have some updates coming soon wif the paintjob etc but first take a first look at the all new Gears of War 3 Ashes to Ashes Trailer =D enjoy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTfmSf5I2uM[/media]

I just saw this today for the first time! I almost died of excitement, and then it said it's coming out in 2011...

And why is it Gears of War trailers have the most amazing and most fitting music I've ever heard in any game trailers?

:p

PS. your helmet is looking really nice. :cool

hey guys, whats up?! here is a update on the helmet, I painted the top horns area Royal Blue, and just finished painting the ear sections (waiting for them to dry)

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

I am also considering starting work on the brestplat although its a really big peice of pep to work on and yea, let me know what you think =D

pep_v_render.jpg

Enjoy =D

Hey shackz, glad to see you got the project back on track. The helmet looks great! Im going to be starting back on mine soon. I'll let you know how it turns out. If you need any advise on the build just ask. I built all the files for my nephew last Halloween and they came out great. I kind of messed up on the right blue for the paint job but I went with a more darker tone on the whole project any ways. Ok, good luck and keep us updated.

Maj. Pain

Major Pain said:
Hey shackz, glad to see you got the project back on track. The helmet looks great! Im going to be starting back on mine soon. I'll let you know how it turns out. If you need any advise on the build just ask. I built all the files for my nephew last Halloween and they came out great. I kind of messed up on the right blue for the paint job but I went with a more darker tone on the whole project any ways. Ok, good luck and keep us updated.

Maj. Pain

Thanks Pain!! Im glad to see that your still around these forums also =D Thanks for the wishes, o BTW nice work on the re-unfolds for the fenix armor they look fantastic. Hey if your up to it do you think you can re-unfold my carmine armor? no rush just a idea.

Thanks man =D

Shackz_

I could give it a shot, but to tell you the truth, it is already a really nice and easy build. Ive already built them twice(once for my 9 year old nephew and a full size set for myself). The final product has lots of nice detail that requires less shape up and bondo. With that said I'll still see what i can do.

Maj. pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back