*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news, 405th!
I've been able to unlock PD3, and export .OBJ's! YAY!

In other news, now I am able to transfer the files onto Maya and create a render of my own Spartan.
Will compile the details soon, and my source has decent files, including a different Tacpad and UGPS.

Great news, 405th!
I've been able to unlock PD3, and export .OBJ's! YAY!

In other news, now I am able to transfer the files onto Maya and create a render of my own Spartan.
Will compile the details soon, and my source has decent files, including a different Tacpad and UGPS.

This means you can rip from reach?

Edit: Scratch that, I hadn´t read the previous page. Looking forward to Hazop!

jun armor

so this spring brake and summer a few friends and i are going to build the noble team for Halloween. So i was wondering if any one could post some jun pep files for me to start working on so if any one could do this it would be awesome.

so this spring brake and summer a few friends and i are going to build the noble team for Halloween. So i was wondering if any one could post some jun pep files for me to start working on so if any one could do this it would be awesome.
You'll find all the files you need on the first page of this thread.

Do modelers mind if you make alterations to their pep files? For example, I'll pep a helmet but add a scratch build piece to it.

Adding a scratch built piece is fine, but if you want to edit the 3d model you'll have to talk to the modeller themselves.

Adding a scratch built piece is fine, but if you want to edit the 3d model you'll have to talk to the modeller themselves.

There's actually a few files in my Database that i wouldn't mind editing, problem is: I acquired them a long time ago, and forgot who the modelers were. The Database goes by the pieces of armor, like all of the male armor in one file, and all of the female armor in another, and named by the armor piece.

And why in the heck do I keep misspelling PEICE?

Anyway, I will do what I can to post these files.

Most modelers won't mind if you modify a file for yourself (and only yourself). It's when you modify the file and release it without the consent of the original modeler that the trouble begins. Rule of thumb, it's always considered curtious to seek the approval of the original modeler before you modify something, even if it is just for yourself. If the original modeler never put his or her name on the file in the first place, then you've got to make a judgement call and either mod it for personal use or spend the time finding out who's it was in the first place.

Most modelers won't mind if you modify a file for yourself (and only yourself). It's when you modify the file and release it without the consent of the original modeler that the trouble begins. Rule of thumb, it's always considered curtious to seek the approval of the original modeler before you modify something, even if it is just for yourself. If the original modeler never put his or her name on the file in the first place, then you've got to make a judgement call and either mod it for personal use or spend the time finding out who's it was in the first place.

Ok, so in my case, post an image of the file first, and then see who pops up to claim it? ... Allow me to clean that up for a moment...

When I post an image of the file, the original modeler can pick it out, and the credit can be due to them. Sweet. That sounded better.

Thanks, Carpathia!

Edit:
Turning back the timer now... if I don't know who the original modeler is, and I make a modification of my own to the original file, would it be possible for the new edited/modified model to be under my name? Or is that a way to get me into trouble?

Edit:
Turning back the timer now... if I don't know who the original modeler is, and I make a modification of my own to the original file, would it be possible for the new edited/modified model to be under my name? Or is that a way to get me into trouble?

No modeler would love that. Thats considered stealing. Unless you get the modeler's permission.

No modeler would love that. Thats considered stealing. Unless you get the modeler's permission.

Agreed. I suppose you could post on the new model something like "Original Modeler: Unknown" then "Modified by: koshima07" but I would highly recommend trying VERY diligently to find the original modeler.

Alright. I've decided to update and clean up my Database, and I'm renaming all of the files after their appropriate modelers-unfolders (in that order). I think that should ease the unrest for now. Heading off to MS7's PFD for the names! Thank's guys, proper credit will be due.

Would anyone like to make pepakura files out of these models?

M68 Gauss Cannon Slug | 25mm x 130
gauss-1.png

M41 Light Anti-Aircraft Round | 12.7mm x 99
untitled-1.png

Armor Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot | 14.5mm x 114
AMRifleround.png

BR55 Round | 9.5mm x 40
smallbullet.png

High Explosive Anti Tank Missile | 102mm
rocket.png

7.62 Round FMG | 7.26mm x 51 NATO
762.png