Subscribe
  1. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Jun 14, 2015, 6:35 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2676

    Originally Posted by NeoKeth View Post
    Not sure if you're still here, but that link is busted.
    Thanks for the update. I have some robot arm files ready for upload, and they'll be going up as soon as I can. Please bear with us while we continue to populate the Archive.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th Regiment Member Officer 405th Southwest Regiment Member WandererTJ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    888
    Blog Entries
    6
    WandererTJ's Xbox Gamertag Wanderer128
    Jun 16, 2015, 2:31 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2677

    Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
    Thanks for the update. I have some robot arm files ready for upload, and they'll be going up as soon as I can. Please bear with us while we continue to populate the Archive.
    I've got the base armor pieces for Reach all separated out if you'd like me to upload them.
    All the non-torso pieces were pulled from the fp arms and fp legs.
    I'm sure they'd all be better off with the textures, but I got what I got.
  4. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Jun 16, 2015, 2:39 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2678

    Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    I've got the base armor pieces for Reach all separated out if you'd like me to upload them.
    I already have these models uploaded to the Archive, I believe - but thanks for the offer.
  5. 405th Regiment Member Officer 405th Southwest Regiment Member WandererTJ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    888
    Blog Entries
    6
    WandererTJ's Xbox Gamertag Wanderer128
    Jun 16, 2015, 3:00 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2679

    Chernobyl, last I checked, you had all of the armor attachments and specializations uploaded, but not the following:
    Torso, Codpiece/Belt, Bicep Armor, Forearm Armor, Handplates, Thigh Armor, Shin Armor, Boots

    In any case, I have not seen them anywhere in the OBJ section.

    I have a few of them unfolded as well, just finished the Handplate. I did a boot, but it still needs a bit more work.
    For the Torso and the Boots (and maybe the thighs), I have them broken up into multiple objects, that once converted to Pepakura, will allow them to turn on/off the visibility of the various layers of armor so that it is more clear what the different parts are so you can choose what you want and don't want to print.

    I was talking to Master Builder a little while back, and he was hoping to get each of the pieces with the textures applied so that he could make them for 3D printing, but I don't think that's going to happen anymore.
    I know that you stopped taking requests for 3D models of spartans for people's characters, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, do you think you could load a generic one (no attachments/upgrades) with the textures applied to all the armor and underarmor?
    I'm sure you remember my extremely lengthy request I once made for a model, perhaps I could sacrifice having a personalized one ever being made by having a generic one made for the good of the forum.
  6. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Jun 16, 2015, 3:23 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2680

    Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    Chernobyl, last I checked, you had all of the armor attachments and specializations uploaded, but not the following:
    Torso, Codpiece/Belt, Bicep Armor, Forearm Armor, Handplates, Thigh Armor, Shin Armor, Boots
    If you're asking me if I have the base armour files for Halo Reach in the OBJ section - I'll check, and if not, I'll upload the raw base bipeds as soon as I get a free moment.

    Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    I have a few of them unfolded as well, just finished the Handplate. I did a boot, but it still needs a bit more work.
    If you've unfolded a file and want to upload it, please do so - just bear in mind the correct categories for the files, so you put them in the right place. I don't mind people uploading their own things - the entire point of the Archive is for people to upload and contribute their own content. I'm simply here to curate the content you guys put up and make sure everything's fine and where it should be.

    Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    For the Torso and the Boots (and maybe the thighs), I have them broken up into multiple objects, that once converted to Pepakura, will allow them to turn on/off the visibility of the various layers of armor so that it is more clear what the different parts are so you can choose what you want and don't want to print.
    That's fairly ill-advised. Adding components onto the file meddles with scaling the base component - I found this to my own detriment a few years back with FS's Mk VI torso set. It's a nice idea, but Pepakura's a pain like that.

    Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    I know that you stopped taking requests for 3D models of spartans for people's characters, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, do you think you could load a generic one (no attachments/upgrades) with the textures applied to all the armor and underarmor?
    No.

    Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    I'm sure you remember my extremely lengthy request I once made for a model, perhaps I could sacrifice having a personalized one ever being made by having a generic one made for the good of the forum.
    Again: no. I'm not discounting a user creating a resource like this themselves but:

    A - I don't have the time, patience or inclination myself
    and
    B - references for the base armour already exist online in abundance for those with the willingness to do their own research.
  7. 405th Regiment Member Officer 405th Southwest Regiment Member WandererTJ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    888
    Blog Entries
    6
    WandererTJ's Xbox Gamertag Wanderer128
    Jun 16, 2015, 3:32 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2681

    Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
    If you're asking me if I have the base armour files for Halo Reach in the OBJ section - I'll check, and if not, I'll upload the raw base bipeds as soon as I get a free moment.
    That's fairly ill-advised. Adding components onto the file meddles with scaling the base component - I found this to my own detriment a few years back with FS's Mk VI torso set. It's a nice idea, but Pepakura's a pain like that.
    I'll send you the Torso file that I have so you can check it out.
    I really don't think it creates any issue in terms of scaling.

    Step 1: How wide is your torso?
    Step 2: Measure Distance between Two Points (in the 3D Window)
    Step 3: Adjust Scale Factor based on difference
    Step 4: Remeasure for verification
    Step 5: Clean up and print
    (This is the new scaling method, Measure Distance is a fairly new feature that has been added, which definitely helps)

    Everything gets scaled together, it's not like things become deformed. Granted, some of the game polygons do intersect with other polygons, but that is simply a problem we have to be aware of for all models.

    Again, I can upload all of the Base Armor files, I just didn't want to step on your toes and get in your way.
  8. NeoKeth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    89
    Blog Entries
    3
    NeoKeth's Xbox Gamertag BerserkinGinger
    Jun 18, 2015, 4:53 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2682

    Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
    Thanks for the update. I have some robot arm files ready for upload, and they'll be going up as soon as I can. Please bear with us while we continue to populate the Archive.
    Awesome, thanks.
    I also can't seem to get into the Reach Archives on 4shared. My account is older, I wasn't active for some time, and have become active again. I meet the minimum post requirements (Last I checked, it was 50) and I still can't access them. Is there something I'm missing?
  9. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Jun 19, 2015, 4:09 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2683

    Originally Posted by NeoKeth View Post
    Awesome, thanks.
    I also can't seem to get into the Reach Archives on 4shared. My account is older, I wasn't active for some time, and have become active again. I meet the minimum post requirements (Last I checked, it was 50) and I still can't access them. Is there something I'm missing?
    The 4Shared archive is experiencing some issues - I don't hold access to the account myself, so I can't fix the problem, and attempts to reach the admin of that particular archive haven't been successful. Our own Archive here on the site should have what you need though.
  10. 405th Regiment Member Officer 405th Southwest Regiment Member WandererTJ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    888
    Blog Entries
    6
    WandererTJ's Xbox Gamertag Wanderer128
    Jun 22, 2015, 3:32 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2684

    Well, apparently I'm not friends with MissingSpartan7 on XBL anymore, so I can't message him to ask him what's up.
    I'm pretty sure he was the one that kept it alive, could be wrong though.
  11. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Messages
    37
    Jul 5, 2015, 12:54 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2685

    Doe anyone have the Lower torso/ ab section and Boot from Dawn Under Heaven?? I'm finally starting to get pieces together to start on my Carter, and saw them and thought they would help out a lot, but can't find them anywhere... I tried messaging the guys, but they haven't been on for a few months, so last option was to come here.. Can anyone help me out?
  12. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Jul 5, 2015, 4:19 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2686

    Originally Posted by Daschlenn View Post
    Doe anyone have the Lower torso/ ab section and Boot from Dawn Under Heaven?? I'm finally starting to get pieces together to start on my Carter, and saw them and thought they would help out a lot, but can't find them anywhere... I tried messaging the guys, but they haven't been on for a few months, so last option was to come here.. Can anyone help me out?
    As you've said, the 4Shared archive is down and the people responsible for maintaining it are out of contact, and the files aren't on our own Archive. I'll have a poke around and see if I can find something, but I make no promises.
  13. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Messages
    37
    Jul 5, 2015, 6:21 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2687

    Ok awesome mate! Thank a lot for helping me out, I appreciate it
  14. 405th Regiment Member Officer 405th Southwest Regiment Member WandererTJ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    888
    Blog Entries
    6
    WandererTJ's Xbox Gamertag Wanderer128
    Jul 9, 2015, 2:51 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2688

    No one has the DawnUnderHeaven files.
    Those that do aren't giving them out.

    I think you might still be able to contact that project, not sure, just giving a heads up.
  15. 405th Midwest Regiment Member Carpathia's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Messages
    2,778
    Carpathia's Xbox Gamertag Halcyon Pillar
    Jul 10, 2015, 11:18 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2689

    WandererTJ is mostly right. I actually have those files, but I won't be sharing them for a few reasons. The people that have those files paid for them. You're not likely to get them for free. If anyone shares them, going around the creator's head, they'll be overstepping boundaries, since everyone who purchased them through kickstarter donations did so on good faith that they would remain exclusive to the ones supporting the Dawn Under Heaven project.
  16. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Messages
    37
    Jul 12, 2015, 8:32 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2690

    Ok, thanks for the heads up guys, sorry if I overstepped. I just couldn't get in contact with them, but good news is I managed to get in contact with them a few days ago, and am currently waiting for financial situations to right themselves and will be paying for them in the next few weeks hopefully. In the meantime, there's always the weapons to work on till that glorious time comes that I buy the files!!
    Last edited by Daschlenn; Jul 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM.
  17. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,448
    Blog Entries
    1
    Jul 12, 2015, 11:50 AM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2691

    Originally Posted by Daschlenn View Post
    Ok, thanks for the heads up guys, sorry if I overstepped. I just couldn't get in contact with them, but good news is I managed to get in contact with them a few days ago, and am currently waiting for financial situations to right themselves and will be paying for them in the next few weeks hopefully. In the meantime, there's always the weapons to work on till that glorious time comes that I buy the files!!
    I wouldn't bother. I have the files myself and while I'll admit, some of them are good - on the downside, some of them aren't fit for wearing (scaling to the body is a prominent issue) and I've been waiting almost four years for the rest of the files as it is.

    Save yourself some money - the files we have in the Archive are free, and in some cases better than the material the DUH team can offer, since they've been developed with the user in mind as opposed to CGI projects. That said, if you want to donate to the film, I wouldn't argue against it.
  18. 405th Regiment Member Officer 405th Southwest Regiment Member WandererTJ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    888
    Blog Entries
    6
    WandererTJ's Xbox Gamertag Wanderer128
    Jul 12, 2015, 5:54 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2692

    Honestly, I think the best file in the DUH set is probably the Halo Reach undersuit. At least by comparison of the files we have.
    Every other file has one issue or another that is equal on level with issues that other files have.
    The DUH bicep for instance does happen to include the details on the rear side, but the outer side of the bicep isn't shaped right. They correctly have the wedge at the top going in instead of out like most others do, but it just isn't the right shape.
  19. 405th Pacific Regiment Member Random Person's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Messages
    105
    3 Weeks Ago - Aug 1, 2015, 11:21 PM - Re: *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread #2693

    I was wondering...do you have a wetworks one by any chance?

Similar Threads

  1. Official Halo Reach Reference Thread *Pic Heavy, Spoilers*
    By Ruze789 in forum General Halo Discussion
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2014, 5:53 PM
  2. *The Official* Halo:CE Anniversary Pepakura Files Thread
    By HaloGoddess in forum Halo Pepakura Costumes
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2014, 5:58 AM
  3. *The Official* Halo Female Pepakura Files Thread
    By HaloGoddess in forum Halo Pepakura Costumes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2014, 3:30 PM
  4. Official Halo: Reach Custom Game thread
    By mustang2500 in forum Off-Topic Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 4, 2010, 1:04 PM

Tags