*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look who didn't read two posts above:

lol ive read the last few pages of posts on his thread. yes there are links but what im saying is all the links of the ones im looking for end up being a "this was removed etc etc etc" and such.
i know im new but im hella ocd about hunting down source material and such

lol ive read the last few pages of posts on his thread. yes there are links but what im saying is all the links of the ones im looking for end up being a "this was removed etc etc etc" and such.
i know im new but im hella ocd about hunting down source material and such

Then OCD your way over to the File Archive. Top of the page, nice shiny button for you to click, to bring you to a huge database of files uploaded by yours truly. Not half as difficult as it sounds.

Then OCD your way over to the File Archive. Top of the page, nice shiny button for you to click, to bring you to a huge database of files uploaded by yours truly. Not half as difficult as it sounds.

not difficult at all though ive been through there, 0 files in there for eva helmet and i compliment you on creating the database. vast number of things ill need to create. just no eva >.<

not difficult at all though ive been through there, 0 files in there for eva helmet and i compliment you on creating the database. vast number of things ill need to create. just no eva >.<

Oh look. I found two within ten seconds of searching.

http://www.405th.com/downloads/67-mjolnir-powered-assault-armor-eva/

I do apologise ahead of time for being short-tempered, but I am tired as all sin of people signing up simply to find files, and then expecting other people to do the looking. We have an Archive, which I spent literally DAYS on, and a Search function to go with it. Please use them.

Oh look. I found two within ten seconds of searching.

http://www.405th.com/downloads/67-mjolnir-powered-assault-armor-eva/

I do apologize ahead of time for being short-tempered, but I am tired as all sin of people signing up simply to find files, and then expecting other people to do the looking. We have an Archive, which I spent literally DAYS on, and a Search function to go with it. Please use them.

its all good, i can understand where your coming from. i try to hunt stuff down as much as possible on my own before having to ask or be a pain to anyone. thank you for the help and more so thank you for compiling everything, days of work and patience beyond anything i can imagine so thank ya.
and i do hope to contribute once im more knowledgeable

its all good, i can understand where your coming from. i try to hunt stuff down as much as possible on my own before having to ask or be a pain to anyone. thank you for the help and more so thank you for compiling everything, days of work and patience beyond anything i can imagine so thank ya.
and i do hope to contribute once im more knowledgeable

It's fine, and like I said, I apologise for being so short-tempered. Just... please, for the love of cheese and crackers, exhaust your search options before making a response or thread anywhere. 90% of the questions posed by new members are issues that could have been solved with a little diligence and patience, rather than sitting about and expecting a free ride.

Thanks for the update. I have some robot arm files ready for upload, and they'll be going up as soon as I can. Please bear with us while we continue to populate the Archive.

I've got the base armor pieces for Reach all separated out if you'd like me to upload them.
All the non-torso pieces were pulled from the fp arms and fp legs.
I'm sure they'd all be better off with the textures, but I got what I got.

Chernobyl, last I checked, you had all of the armor attachments and specializations uploaded, but not the following:
Torso, Codpiece/Belt, Bicep Armor, Forearm Armor, Handplates, Thigh Armor, Shin Armor, Boots

In any case, I have not seen them anywhere in the OBJ section.

I have a few of them unfolded as well, just finished the Handplate. I did a boot, but it still needs a bit more work.
For the Torso and the Boots (and maybe the thighs), I have them broken up into multiple objects, that once converted to Pepakura, will allow them to turn on/off the visibility of the various layers of armor so that it is more clear what the different parts are so you can choose what you want and don't want to print.

I was talking to Master Builder a little while back, and he was hoping to get each of the pieces with the textures applied so that he could make them for 3D printing, but I don't think that's going to happen anymore.
I know that you stopped taking requests for 3D models of spartans for people's characters, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, do you think you could load a generic one (no attachments/upgrades) with the textures applied to all the armor and underarmor?
I'm sure you remember my extremely lengthy request I once made for a model, perhaps I could sacrifice having a personalized one ever being made by having a generic one made for the good of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chernobyl, last I checked, you had all of the armor attachments and specializations uploaded, but not the following:
Torso, Codpiece/Belt, Bicep Armor, Forearm Armor, Handplates, Thigh Armor, Shin Armor, Boots

If you're asking me if I have the base armour files for Halo Reach in the OBJ section - I'll check, and if not, I'll upload the raw base bipeds as soon as I get a free moment.

I have a few of them unfolded as well, just finished the Handplate. I did a boot, but it still needs a bit more work.

If you've unfolded a file and want to upload it, please do so - just bear in mind the correct categories for the files, so you put them in the right place. I don't mind people uploading their own things - the entire point of the Archive is for people to upload and contribute their own content. I'm simply here to curate the content you guys put up and make sure everything's fine and where it should be.

For the Torso and the Boots (and maybe the thighs), I have them broken up into multiple objects, that once converted to Pepakura, will allow them to turn on/off the visibility of the various layers of armor so that it is more clear what the different parts are so you can choose what you want and don't want to print.

That's fairly ill-advised. Adding components onto the file meddles with scaling the base component - I found this to my own detriment a few years back with FS's Mk VI torso set. It's a nice idea, but Pepakura's a pain like that.

I know that you stopped taking requests for 3D models of spartans for people's characters, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, do you think you could load a generic one (no attachments/upgrades) with the textures applied to all the armor and underarmor?

No.

I'm sure you remember my extremely lengthy request I once made for a model, perhaps I could sacrifice having a personalized one ever being made by having a generic one made for the good of the forum.

Again: no. I'm not discounting a user creating a resource like this themselves but:

A - I don't have the time, patience or inclination myself
and
B - references for the base armour already exist online in abundance for those with the willingness to do their own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back