Splinter Cell: Conviction Costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leda

Hey guys, I'm kind of deciding on what costume to do for Sakura-Con 2011. I was thinking a lot and I came to a conclusion that I want to do a cosplay from the new Splinter Cell that recently came out. I am a huge fan of the Splinter Cell games and Tom Clancy's novels and thought this would just be awesome.

I'm not too sure I might 110% be doing this cosplay, but if supplies turn out to be cheap and the costume is just simple to make, I'll be able to do it.

I want to do Kestrel (he's the one in the red sonar goggles) and another friend of mine might be Archer. But I'm mainly focused on Kestrel because he's the Russian and I'm Russian also, so I just couldn't help but want to be Kestrel. :pAnd mainly because he looks more bulky in the chest area and I want to hide my erm... lady parts.

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction-20091217105256665_640w.jpg

I was just wondering if anyone may be able to have some links to sites to some of the stuff that they are wearing because I am a bit blank and I can't remember what some of the stuff they are wearing is called (like the face masks)? Especially the sonar goggles! Is there maybe some kind of cheap night vision goggles that look like Kestrel's or Archer's that I might be able to modify a little bit to look like theirs?

Here's some reference pictures:

Kestrel

Kestrel.jpg

Archer

Archer.jpg

If people could help me out on what their equiptment is called, I can do the search myself. ^^

Some of it looks like stuff you can get from a military surplus store. Like some of those little packs/bags on the thighs and chest. I don't really see some of that stuff as being good for pepakura. Most of it really looks like stuff that you will have to buy and then sew it all together. :p

HaloGoddess said:
Some of it looks like stuff you can get from a military surplus store. Like some of those little packs/bags on the thighs and chest. I don't really see some of that stuff as being good for pepakura. Most of it really looks like stuff that you will have to buy and then sew it all together. :p

Or you could just dress as Sam and find something for the shirt and pants, get something for the backpack and then find some goggles like the green ones in the game. :p

I was thinking of Sam... but then I realized he's like 50 years old. :pI can't pull off the old man look. D:

Last edited by a moderator:
The face masks are called balaclavas. Like Halo Goddess said, most of the stuff is easily found at military surplus stores or online.

Also, wait a few seconds and I'll be back with a night vision goggle tutorial.

all the equipment is made up. The way id approach it is cut out all those outer body armor shapes with cardboard and wrap it in a cordura fabric which most military gear is made of. Canvas or denim works too.

then you could probably pull off the look buy wearing a black LBV or some type of chest rig, For the lower body, A molle belt for the waist, then use a modular leg platform and just pick out some magazine pouches and smack it on them.

Surplus store usually carry older stuff, wouldnt hurt to look. Whatever you cant find, airsoft replica gear is what you're looking for

try www.ehobbyasia.com

the eye goggles? you could buy a dummy an-pvs7 for 60 bucks, or you could built it

this is haji said:
all the equipment is made up. The way id approach it is cut out all those outer body armor shapes with cardboard and wrap it in a cordura fabric which most military gear is made of. Canvas or denim works too.

then you could probably pull off the look buy wearing a black LBV or some type of chest rig, For the lower body, A molle belt for the waist, then use a modular leg platform and just pick out some magazine pouches and smack it on them.

Surplus store usually carry older stuff, wouldnt hurt to look. Whatever you cant find, airsoft replica gear is what you're looking for

try www.ehobbyasia.com

the eye goggles? you could buy a dummy an-pvs7 for 60 bucks, or you could built it

Neoproks said:

Thanks to both of you!

as for the chest rig on the guys.. you could get a standard US army chest support rig, or a crossdraw vest, MOLLIE drop down leg holsters and as others said, i think the only thing that may need to be pepped is the night vision goggles... but you may just improvise and do a thing like Neoproks said

Not sure if you wanted to know what those guns are called but I'll tell you anyway because everything else

has been said already. :3

In the first picture with both of them

Kestrel: H&K MP5SD

Archer: I'd say that's a Colt .45 MEU

In the smaller pictures I think Archer has an MP5SD and Kestrel has an FN Five-Seven.

Okay so I've been noticing this part on Kestrel... I circled it, but the arm part seems to be connected to the chest, and on the arm area, it's attached by straps to something, and in the chest area, there's straps on the side if you can tell and they attached to something in the back. Anyone recommend what kind of material I could use because I'm guessing there's nothing like this out there...

Kestrel.jpg

J-174 said:
Not sure if you wanted to know what those guns are called but I'll tell you anyway because everything else

has been said already. :3

In the first picture with both of them

Kestrel: H&K MP5SD

Archer: I'd say that's a Colt .45 MEU

In the smaller pictures I think Archer has an MP5SD and Kestrel has an FN Five-Seven.

Yes, thank you! I forgot to mention about the guns. But I can't carry real guns to the Con... so I guess I'll just have to find an alternative, like airsoft or something. ^^

Lt. Buckmaster said:
YES YES YES!

I was gonna do a Kestrel costume! :p

My absolute favorite character of 2010, hands down.

WOOH! heck yes! *high five* :D

Lt. Buckmaster said:
*high five back* :p

Have you started on anything?

No, not yet. :c I'm going to start on my solar goggles soon when I get my paycheck so I can buy supplies. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back