My Helmet's Been Recasted And I Need Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thats awesome! too bad you didn't have any part in the actual creation of that helmet what so ever. The only thing you did was recast it and put it up for a cheaper price. Low blow man. AND you copied the pictures of the guys thread. You didnt even bother to take your OWN pictures of the recasted helmet. You are a douche"

Keep sending him messages! this guy is a prick

I'm sorry this had to happen to you bro.

This guy sure as hell doesn't have the balls(or brain) to make something with his own hands. He would rather go the short way and just cast everything he buys.

I hope that every prop/costuming forum makes sure not to sell this ass anything.

-Pony

gave him my two cents, I think I might of been a little rude, but hey hes a recaster they dont have emotions right!

timecon said:
gave him my two cents, I think I might of been a little rude, but hey hes a recaster they dont have emotions right!

Recasters are people too, or at least some sub-strain of mutated DNA??? But you are correct in that their emotions were breeded out many millennia ago, sometime before the sludge accumulated behind their gills ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
Done ^^

I wouldn't worry about any 'Threats' me might have in reporting you to Microsoft or Bungie, hun. Because in turn he would effectively be putting himself at risk since there is an eBay listing for a helmet in HIS name too.

It might be smart to take a little screencap of his item listing if he tries to threaten you with that crap again ;D

-Phi

Damn, now I'm scared to sell Iron Man casts...

That really sucks, I've had the same thing happen to me on YouTube. My drawing videos are popular and people are always stealing them and calling them theirs. -___-"

I think I can help, or I'll at least try. I'm also going to send a message to him advising him of the certain latest news of the aviary variety.

THE BIRD IS THE WORD!

posted a vague question about technical specs, gonna keep sending more and more complicated questions if he bothers to reply.

Thorsoli, You do know that you can go back into feedback and change your feedback on him?

I was thinking you should do that, change it to negative, and then actually post that "He Copied my helmet that I sold him, here is the link to his and a link to my website showing the production of mine: ..." And add that to his feedback.

Someone with only 9 feedback ratings, this will be noticed and should help cut back on the people who purchase this helmet from him.

Just by thoughts my friend. Oh By the way people you can go to the link and report the item Anonymously without signing in. I Did, and I also asked a general question asking him for his production pictures while he was putting it together, or where is sculpt pictures are.

But seriously report the Listing!!!!

~James

That's perfect! Remember, the object is to fill up his inbox. An ideal question about this item would be something like: "Is it true that the rain in Spain falls mostly on the plains?" or, "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" or perhaps, "what is the correct timing for my stock 1978 Stingray?"

Just saying he's a recasting scumbag is too obvious and I don't think we can hurt his feelings. Better to make him sit and scratch his head trying to translate senseless questions about his listing.

jlhR2 said:
Thorsoli, You do know that you can go back into feedback and change your feedback on him?

I was thinking you should do that, change it to negative, and then actually post that "He Copied my helmet that I sold him, here is the link to his and a link to my website showing the production of mine: ..." And add that to his feedback.

Someone with only 9 feedback ratings, this will be noticed and should help cut back on the people who purchase this helmet from him.

Just by thoughts my friend. Oh By the way people you can go to the link and report the item Anonymously without signing in. I Did, and I also asked a general question asking him for his production pictures while he was putting it together, or where is sculpt pictures are.

But seriously report the Listing!!!!

~James

if you'r still able to that would be really good! "feedback=89%" :lol

There is actually something you can do... Basically, it's considered stolen property, and ALSO copying your listing. And if you make some phone calls acting persistently angry and pushing the issue, or know someone who is in Law Enforcement, it can, and will get taken to the next step... Don't be surprised if it's taken down by the end of the day... :)

I reported the auction to ebay, but since I don't hold the copyright there's not a lot they're going to do. By reporting this guy to Bungie/Microsoft, there's a good chance they'll shut down ALL of the makers doing HALO props. I really don't want that to happen. I'm just aiming to make this guy's life a little more difficult.

Bear in mind that English is a second language for this guy. I'm really trying to use up as much of his time as possible making him translate a bunch of asinine questions. This is basically the same sort of thing that was done to some Nigerian email phishing scammers at http://thescambaiter.com/

Here's the "ask seller a question" link: http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...M2MFAQ_VI&redirect=0&requested=beamoviesculpt

Thanks again for all your help.

Wow... that guy got busy, had it shipped half way across the world, made a mold and is re-casting your work that he is putting up for sale in less than a month...

Sucks...

BTW, for all those folks sending the messages, eBay policy states:

1.) You cannot list another member's contact information in your auction.

2.) eBay has the right to limit the number of outgoing messages you send if they believe you are harassing someone.

3.) You cannot use eBay's message or question and answer system to harass another member.

Re-Casting is unfortunate, but eBay pretty much has not control over the unlicensed re-production world we fall into.

Listed in our personal List of Banned members thread Known Recasters

Also add this person to your eBay Block list... it will prevent them from bidding or buying your items in the future.

Block and eBay user

What a jerk that guy is, I reported his ebay listing. I hate people who take other peoples work and say they did it. Thorssoli your work is amazing, and it makes me so mad that somebody had to go and do this to you. I hope he goes down.

What a steaming pile of c0(k.....I had someone do similar things with reprints of my artwork, bastard got what was comin to him tho hehehe.....

But anyways i'll help in however many ways possible dude :).

Spase said:
Wow... that guy got busy, had it shipped half way across the world, made a mold and is re-casting your work that he is putting up for sale in less than a month...

Sucks...

Yeah. Jedistumpy was the one who pointed this out to me. I guess he sold this guy something as well, so it's only a matter of time before he's ripping off another one of us.

Sorry to hear about your helm though sounds like the same for the 3d molders who post there work an have some one else take credit for there work. People are lazy an dont want to put the time in creating these products

This sucks I reported the item on ebay and I will send some e-mail to his listing when I get home on my computer.

I thought Adam discouraged witch hunts, but never mind, you do have my sympathy. This recaster is obviously wassive manker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back