My Helmet's Been Recasted And I Need Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks man... It really does.

I reported the guy and sent him a few E-mails with complex English words to make him squirm.

However, your best bet to prevent this in the future would be to:

-Sell only on the 405th or another dedicated costuming sites

-Only sell to contributing members

-Check for the same guy that may possibly be under a different username on other sites

Best of luck to you mate, and if all else fails, you can always buy the helmet back from him. The recasting may not stop, but it may give you peace of mind that one of your boys are back in friendly hands.

thorssoli said:
That's perfect! Remember, the object is to fill up his inbox. An ideal question about this item would be something like: "Is it true that the rain in Spain falls mostly on the plains?" or, "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" or perhaps, "what is the correct timing for my stock 1978 Stingray?"

Just saying he's a recasting scumbag is too obvious and I don't think we can hurt his feelings. Better to make him sit and scratch his head trying to translate senseless questions about his listing.

Had to just for fun...

Spanish rain does not actually stay mainly in the plain. It falls mainly in the northern mountains.

The average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour

And I'm not mechanical so I have no idea

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe send him a link to this thread so he can see how much we all hate him?

I am going to email him and report :3

recasters, kill them with fire!

More winning questions:

"I've already procured a master chief helmet in my size and I love it. I'm trying to buy one for my pet Venezuelan beaver. Do you make armor that will fit a Venezuelan beaver? How about a Norweigian elkhound?"

or

"I'd like to be sure this bucket will fit my gargantuan cranium before I bid. I'm told my head is the same size as a ripe casaba melon. Could you please post a picture of this helmet with a ripe casaba melon inside? Perhaps a canteloupe as well? Dingleberry?"

Please feel free to copy and paste.

Ooooh, that stinks, Thorssoli! I'd help spam, but everything I'm posting is being monitored by invisible people right now. >:

Invisible meaning the government...

50 for shipping.....Thats a joke.

List the recast name on his Ebay Page, Tell why you shouldn't pay recast...

Beside they look like crap...

First wait and see if any more come out...that might be the same one, diff. color...

Have any of you gotten replies to your questions?

If so, it might be interesting to post your questions/replies here too.

Another winning question:

"my girlfriend wwould seriously dig the opportutiny to become theowner of such a splendorific hemlett and I'd like to bud it for her but I don't want my spouse to know about it or her. Can you ships them item to my seconded cousin's Hollywood mansion so she won't see it arriving in the mailbox?

Also, my girlfriend only has one ear, do you think this helmet will fit her or will it tip over to the earless side? Could you post a picture with a better scale reference? My gurlfrend weighs 22 stones and I want to make sure this hemlet will be big enough for her."

Remember, the object is to get him to waste time scratching his head over the translation while thinking he's got an interested buyer.

Dude, this sucks.

BUUUTTT..... I think the littlee questions you post are awesome.

If i had a eBay account i would totally help.

Don't worry

Rambo.jpg

Project will save.

i sent him a nice letter telling him what a great guy he was.

"hey

just wanted to say you suck for recasting a buddy of mine's helmet. i hope you get hit by a truck.

see you in hell, f&*ker."

Holy smokes, people. I know recasting isn't right, but that doesn't give you all the right to harass him. Not only are you making our community look like a bunch of animals that blindly attacks people, you're putting yourself, this community, and it's reputation in danger of legal repercussion. Any sort of threat, or even a perceived threat, could be taken to court. Doesn't matter if you don't intend it to be a "real" threat, you will still get hit for it. And since you all are affiliated with this website, the website may be viewed in a poor light as well.

Please, you guys, show some decency. This guy has shown that he has no respect for our members and their work, so let's try to be the better men/women and show respect to him regardless. Listen to what Thor is saying, he doesn't want you guys to harass him, he just wants some confusion to be added to the guy's life.

Achille said:
Holy smokes, people. I know recasting isn't right, but that doesn't give you all the right to harass him. Not only are you making our community look like a bunch of animals that blindly attacks people, you're putting yourself, this community, and it's reputation in danger of legal repercussion. Any sort of threat, or even a perceived threat, could be taken to court. Doesn't matter if you don't intend it to be a "real" threat, you will still get hit for it. And since you all are affiliated with this website, the website may be viewed in a poor light as well.

Please, you guys, show some decency. This guy has shown that he has no respect for our members and their work, so let's try to be the better men/women and show respect to him regardless. Listen to what Thor is saying, he doesn't want you guys to harass him, he just wants some confusion to be added to the guy's life.

I hear you Achilles. My question is just 'the the b-bird bird, birds the word' but some others are like Burn in hell motherf***er and stuff like that. Like WTF man, don't go psycho on the recaster. But this point should be made specially clear to all.

Achille is right. Please just send him random asinine questions. If you just send a bunch of foul language and insults, you're likely to run into ebay harrassment prevention policies. The object is to befuddle him with questions about his item so he wastes his time trying to translate and answer them. By using up his time, we'll be reducing his profit margin and hopefully make him think twice about recasting again.

An ideal example:

"I collect props and costume paraphanelia from a variety of motion pictures and video games as well as a wide variety of weebles merchandise. I'm also trying to maintain a completely eco-friendly lifestyle. Is this helmet made of biodegradable materials? If not, is it possible for you to make me a casting out of pulverized eggshells or sea urchins? I'd like to own a helmet like this, but not if it means increasing my carbon footprint or exacerbating my country's dependence upon foreign oil imports."

Or perhaps:

"I have a question about shipping for this item. If this helmet is on a train that leaves detraoit at fifty miles per hour and another one is on a train that leaves chicago at seventy kilometers per hour, where will they meet?"

Or even:

"I love the look of this helmet. Is it possible to fit it with a tube so I can eat oatmeal while marching in my local high school football parade? If the oatmeal is too viscous, could I at least suck wheat germ through it? How about creamed corn?"

Or better still:

"I am suffer from toilet asthma and I'd like to know if there is space inside to store my Rectall inhaler inside the hemlet while I'm wearing it inside. My attaks tend to come on very suddinly and it would be better if I culd use my inhaler without taking off the hemlet."

Misspelling a few words means he won't be able to use a computer translator. Bigger words that challenge his vocabulary will waste even more effort. The best option would be to draw him into a conversation that requires him to answer a question or two before he realizes that you're wasting his time.

I really do appreciate all of the support and assistance that you guys have shown in helping me out with this, but please show some restraint with regards to direct insults and harrassment.

i am sorry but there is no excuse for sorry ass recasters. i would perfer to break his hands with a hammer , so a nasty letter will have to do.

this guy not only recasted T's helmet but then sent him a go F%^k yourself letter in a round about way after T called him out on it.

this guy deserves no quarter. this is the problem, people just say you should not send him nasty letters, he does not deserve it. screw that , he is a lowlife recaster. a POS! period. becuase of people like this guy, many very good prop makers just said the hell with it and don;t sell thier sculpts anymore. going easy on a recaster just breeds more.

mrbungle said:
i am sorry but there is no excuse for sorry ass recasters. i would perfer to break his hands with a hammer , so a nasty letter will have to do.

this guy not only recasted T's helmet but then sent him a go F%^k yourself letter in a round about way after T called him out on it.

this guy deserves no quarter. this is the problem, people just say you should not send him nasty letters, he does not deserve it. screw that , he is a lowlife recaster. a POS! period. becuase of people like this guy, many very good prop makers just said the hell with it and don;t sell thier sculpts anymore. going easy on a recaster just breeds more.

But they are still human, Swearing and mouthing off makes you as low as him and just as dumb, if you have any sense confusion doesnt involve cursing at all it inbolves wits and a brain which clearly we all have. He recasted a helmet man not blow up a country. Give him smoe respect still as he doesnt report 405th ok. 405th is on thin ice if you continue to send threatining and curseful questions. Just send a question to confuse him with what ever brain cells he has and show your the smarter more dominant being.

mjolnir follower said:
Just send a question to confuse him with what ever brain cells he has and show your the smarter more dominant being.

Exactly. A bunch of cursing or calling him a recasting schmuck will also be easy to spot as harrassment. Better to make him work his way through and hopefully try to answer a senseless question like this one:

"Can you make more than one of these helmets? Is it possible to get a bigger one? I work with retards and I'd like to buy eight helmets so they can eech have one. But we've got this one kid, Mongo, who's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre (but he's in good shape so we don't bust his chops too much) and I want to be sure it'll fit him. The other day, Mongo got out of his cage again, so we started tying him to the clothesline in the backyard. Now he can run around and exercise and he's really starting to open up, but when it gets dark he howls and bangs his head on the ground. He really needs a helmet, both for his protection and to keep the neigbors from complaining about the noise. That's why a normal hockey helmet won't do the trick. Can you help? For Mongo's sake?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back