My Helmet's Been Recasted And I Need Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
the nice guy appoarch does not work. but keep doing what you are doing. the best way to deal with folks like this guy is face to face, anybody live in spain??

mrbungle said:
the nice guy appoarch does not work.

I am sure we all know that there are many ways of dealing with people, and violently is usually the quickest (Though least stable). The point I was trying to make is that if you are saying things like "I hope you get hit with a truck", you can possibly get into serious legal trouble. We need to be respectful to this guy to cover our own butts, not because he deserves it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
You don't challange a bully, you just smile to him. That is what will reall piss him off. ;)

You can't really smile to a guy over the internet... doesn't do a whole lot when the thief is making a profit off your work.

I think that we shouldnt be harrasing him so much as we should try to make his experience with us difficult.

No death threats, just misspelling words. And large/confusing/irrelevant ones.

Try to make the recasters give up, not the builder.

It looks like the auction ended early with no "buy it now" and no bids.

In other words: VICTORY IS OURS!

Thank you all for your assistance with this little project. If your work gets recast in the future and you'd like to try the same idea, I'll be more than happy to help out.

Worthy of mention: a few folks did send him threatening messages and I wish they wouldn't have. I just got an email from him mentioning that he's repotted me to the Spanish National Police for organizing a campaign to threaten/harass him. I guess I'm not going to visit Spain anytime soon.

Looks like it was relisted.

Please do not send any threatening/harassing messages. I'm sure you have questions to ask though.

Yay more questions to bug him with I love this thor do you have the link to the re-listed helmet? And you do know the text in your sig is huge and hard to see. Keep an eye out you'll see my redundant question soon enough from cylonproject2000

Sent a HUGE laundry list of question!!! Including how he got his license from Microsoft to produce 1;1 replicas, also how it would be possible to wear (since chief is 7'2"). Like I used every character available! He's gonna have fun with that one. See how he handles the word radii! Haha. I love making his life tough :) PS, if you do want to know the violence route I know a couple Italian guys who do work in Spain from time to time... (J/k! or am I...)

Guys like those really piss me off. Some years back a group and I undertook a big project that took from 2005 to 2007 to complete an english dubbing of Casshern. Shortly a year later I think we noticed that on ebay there were dvd's stating "English and Japanese Audio". We found out it contained our audio and it was being sold. We did what we could, sold on Ebay and Redsun but I don't think we actually won the battle. Sometimes you can still find the DVD out there.

Kind of pissed us off how we spent our time working on it for no profit and there are people out there suckering to make a quick buck off someones hard work.

Linehaler said:
The guy is just feeding you more rubbish, if he actually did report you to police the last thing he would be doing is anouncing it to you.

He sent me a scan of the police report. I'd post it, but it has mailing addresses in it. I don't want anyone to mail him a rattlesnake or anything.

Hey i never doubted what evidence you had in front of you Thor. It is just hard from anyones perspective to believe anything this con artist puts forward, and the relisting effort he has attempted to stay under the radar just throws even more doubt in the mind.

Just don't post anything stupid that can get a lawsuit after you, guys. The last thing 405th members need is a bunch of angry Spaniard lawyers blabbing at us.

I think we should start making obvious, tiny marks on our projects, kind of like cattle brands...

"interesting but i have a few questions. is the helmet really a 1:1 scale?? because that would be to big to fit anyones head. what did you make the original out? what are the cast casted with? by chance you have a wip posted somewhere? any suggestions on how to reinforce and sand the cast?"

eat that, sry bout this man. people need to grow some balls and earn a respectable living already.

Queen said:
Just don't post anything stupid that can get a lawsuit after you, guys. The last thing 405th members need is a bunch of angry Spaniard lawyers blabbing at us.

I think we should start making obvious, tiny marks on our projects, kind of like cattle brands...

\I always brand my sculpts with: INCorporatedFX 2010' Before molding and casting.

LOL< Just sent a questiion asking if it could withstand bullet fire because i wanna wear it in the army.

(I'm not in the army btw<).

But branding your sculpts is totally recommended , i have had 3 recasters recast my work of a MKIV in Australia and guess what, they got pwne'd. NOw look:

pwned-18345.jpg

mjolnir follower said:
I always brand my sculpts with: INCorporatedFX 2010' Before molding and casting.

I've started adding "T&A Workshop" (short for "Thorsson and Associates Workshop" of course) to my originals, but this is still the old helmet mold from before I was doing any of that. It's on the pistol casts though, along with a few other, minor, non-canon changes. I've also been working out ways to add it to the undersuit parts.

The problem, of course, is that once some unscrupulous recasting bastard buys a cast part, it's easy enough to just sand or bondo the marks away, make a mold, and sell copies. What really makes a difference is that the prototype was handmade. That means that my helmets have recognizable little bits that are asymmetrical or tiny details that are altered or missing that make them uniquely MY work. These are the things that Jedistumpy noticed when he brought this guy to my attention.

EDIT: Here's the scan of the police report he emailed me if anyone's interested:

I've blacked out his mailing address (and mine). He whited out his phone number. I haven't translated it yet. I'll get around to that.

Still, this thread is specifically mentioned in the report. Is there a way to set it so it's only visible to members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back