My Helmet's Been Recasted And I Need Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stop recasters in their tracks in australia using buisiness rights, INCorporatedFX is registered as a copyright and owning of a product means no reproduction, i can use the government to sue them. Only a couple of hundred :p:p.

But when it comes to ebay, its sort of stuffed.

But pwnage comes in many flavours:

pwnage.jpg

pwnage.jpg

pwn3d.jpg

PWN3D-CAT.jpg

Sorry for picture spam.

Hi Thorssoli, sorry to hear you're having troubles...this might cheer you up:

In his original letter he is very wrong. You as an artist hold all the rights to your original work, as soon as you create it.

Have Bungie/Microsoft made your helmet...no you did. You are protected by your own copyright.

The recaster is infringing unless you gave him your permission to reproduce and sell your work.

If this should escalate to court he would need to prove he created it by showing work in progress pics etc.

To protect yourself you can still register your work for copyright (costs money) or for free get your work date stamped. Do this by creating another email account for yourself and send yourself pics of your work in progess.

Also in future it's good practice to take loads of wip pics but keep some for yourself, never put them on the internet for others to grab, date stamp them, include yourself in the pics.

Lets see a recaster try and go back in time to win an argument against that evidence.

I think most of the work round here could fall into the 'Derivative Works' category.

Here's the wiki links for ref:

http://en.wikipedia....Derivative_work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Hope this doesn't put you off producing more work in the future as you're very talented :)

i dont think the derivative works clause is something that can be applied, but im not 100%. i seem to recall there being a fairly large percentage of change thats required before thor can file or register for any protection on his works. for some reason 30% is sticking out in my head, but i cant remember for sure. the up side to that tho, is that i believe that since the work is still bungie's work, that the recaster is not eligible to be protected under the law for being boycotted. no one is really. yes, you somewhat organized a campaign against him. but your wishes as far as what this group was intended for were stated clearly several times, and none of them involved harassment or threats. just simply not buying from the seller. he can file all of the paperwork he wants, but he cant prosecute you. id suggest leaving this thread open and not changing it to be viewed by members so that he can see that if hes poking around in here so that he can see the difference between your intentions and what he filed a report about. that way, the only ones that will have to worry about are the ones that are actually sending the harassing messages.

He made it abundantly clear that he'd been perusing this thread. Fortunately, there's no law that says that I can't share his listing or name with the whole world if I feel like it. There's nothing posted here that will help someone to steal his identity or harm him physically. I did him a favor by hiding his home address.

I started this by asking him politely not to sell copies of my work. Now he's trying to profit from my labor without my consent. I don't have to be nice to him.

absolutely not. this guy deserves no polite communications whatsoever. im pretty much just driving your and queen's point home. keep everything legal, but intimidating. i absolutely hate that this has happened to you. ive been following your gear buildup over on the rpf for a nice long while now.

I had a buddy read it for me. It's just a complaint to the police stating that I'm getting people to be mean. Interesting note, "Beatriz" turns out to be a girl's name (not that it matters) and she blanked-out her date of birth.

Really sorry to hear about this man, I've been following your build for a while, too bad it got ripped off. too bad there's not some way to contact his(her?) buyer and kindly explain to them what they just purchased (that I know of at least). I must say though, I do find it somewhat humorous that neither of you have changed your feedback ratings for each other.

I don't think you can "change it" per se (bad choice of words on my part), but you can give new feedback or follow up to previous feedback left.

This is a gay moment for us all man. If i lived in spain i would kick is f***ing a~ JK.Anyways, have you tryed talking to him over the phone and reasoning crap out.

iSUPERNOOB said:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was as nice as I could be:

"After buying from me, buyer started selling copies of my work. Sellers BEWARE!!"

Not much more you can do in 80 characters or less. Follow-up comments don't affect feedback rating percentages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey quick question: How do you want us to report this item? As stolen or what? Intellectual property rights?

On the look out for ya!

Have you thought about opening a dispute about your original listing with him?? You certainly have grounds to do so. I think you will have more success if you can get the establishment on your side. My brain says use the rules to your advantage, my gut says "RAPE THE ************************************************". Sorry. Small rant.

I picked the following menu options:

Counterfeit and copyright violations

Potential trademark infringement

Other replica or counterfeit items

Then in the description I wrote that the seller is selling an unauthorized copy of a sculpture which I sold to user "beamoviesculpt" in March.

Thanks again, all, for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back