Props Marathon Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkshane81

Sr Member
Well after taking a brief break from some of my projects, I wanted to take a stab at 3d modeling. Blender takes some getting used to, but after a few days of self-teaching, tutorials, and just playing around with it I finished my first model. I was able to do the Marathon shield that juliet76 is also working on. I got his permission to post the model, since it was based off of his blueprints. I also needed a little help with some reversed normals and open edges that I couldn't seem to fix. A fellow member was kind enough to take a look and fix said issues(thanks Hugh
wink.gif
). So anyway, enough rambling. Anyone interested can find the model here. It is not unfolded yet, and in .obj format. Constructive criticism kindly accepted. Thanks everybody.

-Matt

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Got any images? :D

Sorry, not right now. I couldn't get the screen cap to work. I'm going to keep working on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
mks81 said:
Sorry, not right now. I couldn't get the screen cap to work. I'm going to keep working on it.

The model looks great, so I will save you the trouble of putting up a picture.

MarathonShield.jpg

There is only one thing I see that could make it look better. If the marathon symbol itself was rounded instead of flat, it would look great.

spartan.062 said:
Isn't the entire shield supposed to be rounded?

This is the shield used to represent the difficulty settings in all the Halo games. I've referred to it in my blueprints as the Marathon shield due to the Marathon symbol on it. Here it is representing "easy"-

4e11c7e6.png

Chevysrule said:
...There is only one thing I see that could make it look better. If the marathon symbol itself was rounded instead of flat, it would look great.

Hmmm, maybe? I always looked at the edges as though they were fairly straight on the Marathon symbol though. I drew up the blueprints as though that was how it was, and am doing my build that way- here

I think it looks great Matt, thank you. It's always a compliment when someone gets use out of my blueprints or expands on them, but as far as I'm concerned that's one of the things that's so great about the 405th. :)

@chevysrule: Thanks for putting the picture up for me. That's a huge help.

@juliet76: Thanks for the compliment, and I absolutely agree.

As far as the shield itself needing to be more "rounded", keep in mind I based this off of juliet76's blueprints, and build. I made this model to be a pepakura counterpart to his scratch build for those that prefer the pep method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back