Attention All 3D Modelers On The 405Th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenStreeper

I have been asked by many of the members here to provide a video tutorial on making the pep models you have created line up into "Human" form inside of pepakura. Please voice you opinions on this below, as I want a majority consensus from the modelers here. The reason for this is that the process involves editing you 3d models in a 3d modeling program (I use 3ds max). I know that some of the modelers here don't like that idea due to the fact that people use the models for other reasons, but that is why I'm leaving this choice up to the majority. Modelers please list below your yes or no, and what models you have created for the 405th. No one who has not created a model for the 405th will have a vote in this. This fact was decided by me as I highly respect ll the modelers on this site and I don't want to step on their toes by providing this tutorial. I will check the results of this thread on May 2nd. IF we have a definitive vote by that point I will make and release a "How to Humanize your Armor" video tutorial on May 3rd (just in time for the halo reach beta)

Thank you guys for your support, and your comments.

Ben Streeper

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25795&view=findpost&p=419199

I say, "If it helps one person, it's worth every ounce of energy you can put into it.". I know there are alot of models that need to be humanized and some that just need a little adjustment. I vote yes.

War Machine

Gundams

Sith Stalker

Dare

Killzone 2

Many more to come.

Well if it help all my work is welome to editing most of what I have done is 3D game rips the exception to this though is the Slade and Rocketter files in my 4shared the Slade 3D model was done by Rundown and I think Roadwarrior did the 3D model of the Rocketter helmet for me.

I'd be fine with it. The only thing I don't like is if someone claims something I made was theirs.

Models I've made:

HD Mk VI Bicep

HD Mk VI Boot

HD Mk VI Handplate

Low Def MA5C

Low Def Plasma Pistol

Some other things

how to huanize a model? Well i use a body mesh for reference, i once modeled somewhat the shape of myself so it should fit like a glove.

I try to make it as wearable as possible.

As for the models ive made its to mutch to count lol.

the most recognized ones:

odst helmets

halo wars helmet

spi helmet

some shins

reach full armor

I don't know if my say in this matters given that I pulled all my models from public usage, but I'll have a go anyway.

I don't think that any modeller should be able to hinder teaching. I learned to model by reading online tutorials (and listening to rundown's advice), and I know that many of those producing models on the forum did as well. Not continuing to teach just because someone might use the knowledge in a bad manner is way too cynic even for me. The more people knowledgable in 3D modelling, the less often modellers will be bugged with simple tasks and the less often people will nag and bitch about wanting models and unfolds and whatnot. So personally, I say teach. Teach as much as possible.

My models include a full set of Jorge armour and 10-20 random models here and there, +3,000 open edges fixed.

AceHigh said:
I don't know if my say in this matters given that I pulled all my models from public usage, but I'll have a go anyway.

I don't think that any modeller should be able to hinder teaching. I learned to model by reading online tutorials (and listening to rundown's advice), and I know that many of those producing models on the forum did as well. Not continuing to teach just because someone might use the knowledge in a bad manner is way too cynic even for me. The more people knowledgable in 3D modelling, the less often modellers will be bugged with simple tasks and the less often people will nag and bitch about wanting models and unfolds and whatnot. So personally, I say teach. Teach as much as possible.

My models include a full set of Jorge armour and 10-20 random models here and there, +3,000 open edges fixed.

This was more of me asking permission because I personally see it as a potential for a digital for of recasting. An since this can be accomplished with little to no cost [(if you pirate software, which lets face it people will do) Declaration I paid the student price for my 3ds] Digital recasting will likely be a result of this tutorial. I in no way wish to limit the teaching of my videos (obviously) but I want the modelers to know exactly what may occur as an outcome. Mainly do to the fact that after releasing my how to mold series a while back recasting of helmets jumped to an all-time-high. And I feel partially responsible for teaching that skill

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back