Another Master Chief Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largen

Jr Member
Well, first off heres the AA greeting,

Hi, my names Largen. and i like making armor : D LOL anywho,

So, my cousin (he is on here but i dont know his profile...) started making an Iron Man suit.. i got interested, like... three days ago now.. so i started out with a MkIV High Def Helmet, and i finished... today, so i plan on making the full armor, and i figure may as well keep you guys up to date, and heres the helmet from start to finish...

IMG_0341.jpg

The WIP and my workstation...

IMG_0348.jpg

The finished pep...

IMG_0355.jpg

outside Resin Coat....

IMG_0353.jpg

My helmet and my cousins XD

IMG_0359.jpg

Inside resin coat, i went HEAVY on this to ensure strength..

IMG_0373.jpg

Skipped the second exterior resin coat, and went strait to Fiberglass, used TONES once again just for strength...

IMG_0381.jpg

quick Primer coat to help magnify imperfections, and some Bondo...

IMG_0394.jpg

Finished Primer Coat...

IMG_0397.jpg

First color coat....

IMG_0405.jpg

Finished Two-Tone Paint...

IMG_0419.jpg

Finished paint/Battle Damage WHO-RAW!

IMG_0412.jpg

Fits great! and ignore the crappy shirt, its one of my "working on crap shirts" XD

So thats me, the starts of my project and my intro! so ya Questions, criticism? im game!

I am liking this dude, sweet build, and a W.I.P with some finished progress to show. Keep it up dude and welcome to the 405th.

mjolnir follower said:
I am liking this dude, sweet build, and a W.I.P with some finished progress to show. Keep it up dude and welcome to the 405th.

Heh heh heh thanks! its already too awesome having the helmet to stop there too

Last edited by a moderator:
Largen said:
Heh heh heh thanks! its already too awesome having the helmet to stop there too

I know the overwhelming feeling when you first join and make your first helmet. But i'm a year old veteran now and decided to branch out, and thats exactly why i have a ODST costume, Marine costume, a MKII IM suit and a W,I,P MKIII/VI IM suit. Enjoy your stay and have any questions just consult me.

Hmmm...........that's a new one........putting the fiberglass resin on the inside instead of the outside. Most people I see around here put the resin on the outside and the fiberglass on the inside. That is even what I gathered from reading all the stickies on the site. However, I guess doing it the way you did shouldn't be so bad considering that you don't have to worry about any globs and blobs of resin on the outside and then have to try and sand down those areas.

Your helmet looks pretty good though. I'm a fan of blue so I like it. :p

HaloGoddess said:
Hmmm...........that's a new one........putting the fiberglass resin on the inside instead of the outside. Most people I see around here put the resin on the outside and the fiberglass on the inside. That is even what I gathered from reading all the stickies on the site. However, I guess doing it the way you did shouldn't be so bad considering that you don't have to worry about any globs and blobs of resin on the outside and then have to try and sand down those areas.

Your helmet looks pretty good though. I'm a fan of blue so I like it. :p

Oh, no i did a coat on the outside, only one though, and the globs were a little pain.... But thanks!

Justanuthercap said:
Nice work on your helmet and great first post! Looking forward to the rest of the armor.

Thanks, so am I ha ha

Welcome to the 405th! That is an excellent first post! The pep looks good, as does the rest of the work. Keep it up!

Thanks, i just looked at your MkVI you have me wanting to make the smooth file helmet ha ha, it looks epic, but thats alright, i planned on making another helmet after i make the armor.

Glad i made a decent intro for being such a noob ha ha.

Wow! A first post and someone actually makes something! I didn;t post anything of mine until like 650 posts later... hehehe... Very nice job! In the future, you would probably benefit from sanding the top dome a bit more to make it smooth, but aside from that, it's Grade A work. Great job! Gonna do anything fancy witht her rest of ths suit? Permutations and that? Or maybe the season 3-5 Caboose? Welcome to the forums!

Boba Fett said:
Wow! A first post and someone actually makes something! I didn;t post anything of mine until like 650 posts later... hehehe... Very nice job! In the future, you would probably benefit from sanding the top dome a bit more to make it smooth, but aside from that, it's Grade A work. Great job! Gonna do anything fancy witht her rest of ths suit? Permutations and that? Or maybe the season 3-5 Caboose? Welcome to the forums!

Thanks! and ya i did rush the sanding on the top, interesting story behind my deadline ha ha, i had to get this baby banged off in one week, did her in three days! Ha ha, but the rest of the suit will probably just be standard for now, after i finish this one i might stray the path a little, i just want to have a replica chassis for now though

Shaymin Sky: Thanks! Is it so sad that im actually wearing it as i type now? LOL im trying to find any problems i have with wearing it ha ha.

Are you sure that's MK IV, kinda looks like MK VI to me...

Farkin' excellent job none the less, keep up the great work and welcome to the board!

Alrighty, well did the HD Left hand plate, start to finish, looks pretty good! im going to re-paint it as i did the paint job in about 5 minutes from primer to blue, then maybe 1 min to battle damage it, but all that said looks decent, i just wanted an idea of the finished product, and i got it, so im happy.

IMG_0434.jpg

Almost finished Pep....

IMG_0435.jpg

After exterior resin coat, now on to interior coat...

IMG_0439.jpg

Fiber Glassing it... (Way overkill like i always seem to do ha ha)

IMG_0447.jpg

Quick sand primer and paint...

IMG_0455.jpg

Battle damage/finish (almost)

So tis what i got done today! whatcha guys think? : D

Squishy said:
Are you sure that's MK IV, kinda looks like MK VI to me...

Farkin' excellent job none the less, keep up the great work and welcome to the board!

Oh LOL i may have botched that ha ha I do indeed think you are correct, forgive me, im on at 2-3 in the morning on my first posts, lacking much sleep XD But thanks!

Squishy said:
You might want to scale your hand plate too! ;) Looks good though.

Ya, now that im looking at some ref pics mine is a bit big, but thats ok, i will see in the end if i will re-make em or not, which i probably will, but for now im building the whole left side of the suit to see what sort of scaling issues i will have, then i will be going from there.

STEALTH: thanks! i certainly am happy with how it came out especially being my first pep XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back