bevbor

iron-man-2-3d-printing-1.jpg

iron-man-2-3d-printing-3.jpg

THE ARTICLE

One day you'll truly be able to just tell Jarvis

Tony - "great, I like it, fabricate it"

Jarvis - "Time of completion 5 hours"

and done..

The next step up from this is DMLS (Direct Metal Laser Sintering) same concept but metals like titanium, and stainless steel instead of just plastics.

That is an awesome machine! And the guy even said that someone came to him about Halo............does that mean that the Halo movie will have armor from that machine or does that maybe confirm that the Halo movie is still in production and that we will get our Halo movie? :phehe

I wish I had tons of money because I would SOOOO buy that machine! :D

Barron Zero the Red said:
I just submitted my contact info to the company so they can send me some info on purchasing a 3D printer

Lol, good luck with that. Let us all know how much it costs. Chances are none of us can afford it though :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Perceptor said:
Lol, good luck with that. Let us all know how much it costs. Chances are none of us can afford it though :p

Yeah I'm pretty sure I can't afford it but I do want to know how much one costs. I'll be sure to let every one know.

Perceptor said:

around 4000 euro and you got a decent one that is only able to print it on a 10th of a milimeter.

No coloring/texturing tho. I have a local 3d printing service here and they ask for a model (21cm on 18cm on 18 cm and not textured) 340 euro.

Doesnt seem to be to bad for a industrial mockup doesnt it? :) Even if you used it for props it wouldnt be to bad since most prop things sell around that price if its decent.

I've always loved 3D printing... I live right down the street from a place - literally - that works in it, and I've been fascinated by some of their PR stuff.

If I had monies for this, I would buy a 3D printer, and I'd use it to really speed up my creative process. Plus, as far as props go, one could just make a model of the prop, print it, mold it, cast it, and sell. It's a bit cheap a method, but really, as I said in that thread, it's a tool, right?

If these were cheaper, even Pepakura would be outdated! :lol

HaloGoddess said:
That is an awesome machine! And the guy even said that someone came to him about Halo............does that mean that the Halo movie will have armor from that machine or does that maybe confirm that the Halo movie is still in production and that we will get our Halo movie? :phehe

Pretty sure they're talking about the 'We are ODST' short and maybe the new Reach beta short (though they never said who made Carter's suit for that). Legacy made the ODST suits and they had them 3d printed, I believe they used Objet for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back