Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL no doubt he is. I love his stuff.

But sometimes those thing little edge pieces suck.

YOu know the pieces where they are roughly 1/16" wide.. those are hard to cut out and then fold the tabs without ripping the piece in two ha.

But this is a kick ass helmet. You should be proud.

I'd love to see larger pics of it maybe even some with faux coloring.. just to get the entire impression of a finished product.

Oh yes, I won't lie and say it will be easy. This is for people who are serious about making a really accurate (obviously wearable) replica. Those lines aren't just there so you don't have to dremel them, they're there because I checked, rechecked, and checked again to make sure they're in the right place, and they're symmetrical. I'll post up some colored renders of it, I just wanted to get some pics out in pep designer because it's very neat, simple lines to show where the edges are. Should have some color pics in a minute.

Thanks for taking the time to make it truly accurate.

sharkhead7854 said:
Oh yes, I won't lie and say it will be easy. This is for people who are serious about making a really accurate (obviously wearable) replica. Those lines aren't just there so you don't have to dremel them, they're there because I checked, rechecked, and checked again to make sure they're in the right place, and they're symmetrical. I'll post up some colored renders of it, I just wanted to get some pics out in pep designer because it's very neat, simple lines to show where the edges are. Should have some color pics in a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
4647031131_b9c7fb9616_m.jpg

4647646742_05ca37750e_m.jpg

4647031309_5a2c9b2a70_m.jpg

4647031415_56a8d4339e_m.jpg

4647647008_838ecdf631_m.jpg

:D

killer work mr. sharkhead! i'm still peppin' mkV and i'm having the same problems about the small pieces. well, that's what you call challenge. anyways, keep up the awesome work mr. sharkhead.

Helmet is being unfolded as I type, according to Dubean it may take a while due to the detailing in this piece.

Hang tight guys! ^____^

For now I leave you guys with this!

4648864100_138d3da501_b.jpg

Now that I'm done modeling the helmet, I'll resume work on the rest of the suit. :)

Awesome. I was hoping you could give us a "hand" lol

Dubean you are the man! I know if anyone can unfold this beautifully it is you!

Shark. This suit is amazing. I assume you are going to scale everything proportionally so that once we establish our own personal scale we can simply use the same across the board.... well with some change here and there.

sharkhead7854 said:
Helmet is being unfolded as I type, according to Dubean it may take a while due to the detailing in this piece.

Hang tight guys! ^____^

For now I leave you guys with this!

4648864100_138d3da501_b.jpg

Now that I'm done modeling the helmet, I'll resume work on the rest of the suit. :)

Shark, I owe you a beer! Awesome work. I seriously can't get over how amazing this all is.

And godspeed to Dubean on his unfolds...I'll buy you a beer too.

...but remember, you two, don't drink and model OR drink and unfold. It's just asking for trouble.

Keep up the awesome work.

^-^Foxy~>

foxymcfox said:
Shark, I owe you a beer! Awesome work. I seriously can't get over how amazing this all is.

...but remember, you two, don't drink and model OR drink and unfold. It's just asking for trouble.

^-^Foxy~>

Foxy foxy foxy... tisk tisk

Soliciting alcohol to minors is definitely not legal :phahaha

So there were some issues Shark and i had to resolve over some strange anomalies within the model the kept showing up on my screen but not his.. Luckily we got it all figured out and i have started the unfold. This helmet will be positioned within Pepakura Designer/Viewer exactly the same way that Dungbeetles helmet file is, that way you will be able to use the same scaling (granted you've built his helmet before). We just figured this would be easier on everyone for scaling purposes.

so just scale this helmet as you would dung's and you should be fine!

ironerd said:
Awesome. I was hoping you could give us a "hand" lol

Dubean you are the man! I know if anyone can unfold this beautifully it is you!

Shark. This suit is amazing. I assume you are going to scale everything proportionally so that once we establish our own personal scale we can simply use the same across the board.... well with some change here and there.

lol.... puns....

Yes sir, this suit is being modeled proportionately, so that when it gets run through pep designer, all the pieces should be the same scale related to each other. Then, since I'm building my own suit, hopefully I can give you guys an idea of what size the pieces should be. I'm 5' 10", the perfect "average height". :D

foxymcfox said:

^-^Foxy~>

Heheh, funny you bring up beer. Reminds me how most people think I'm an old guy for some reason, just turned 18 lol.

Maybe I talk like an old guy...

And yes, please, everyone read Dubeans post above this one. He has made an extra effort to make it easier on ya guys!

Dub. How old are you?

THought forsure all this talent had to be coming from a seasoned aka older dude.

dubean33 said:
Foxy foxy foxy... tisk tisk

Soliciting alcohol to minors is definitely not legal :phahaha

So there were some issues Shark and i had to resolve over some strange anomalies within the model the kept showing up on my screen but not his.. Luckily we got it all figured out and i have started the unfold. This helmet will be positioned within Pepakura Designer/Viewer exactly the same way that Dungbeetles helmet file is, that way you will be able to use the same scaling (granted you've built his helmet before). We just figured this would be easier on everyone for scaling purposes.

so just scale this helmet as you would dung's and you should be fine!

ironerd said:
Dub. How old are you?

THought forsure all this talent had to be coming from a seasoned aka older dude.

Im 20, but all the talent is coming from sharkboy over there haha. He just graduated high school. Dudes got skillz!

easy there shark, pretty sure 5'9 is the perfect "average" height!!! :p

Heheh, I just have patience. ^___^

I wish I was 5' 9", cus I'm gonna keep growing till I'm my dad's height, like 6' 3". Too tall, I thought Puerto Ricans were supposed to be short. lmao

*Yawns and takes break from modeling*

Things left keeping me going:

-Bathroom breaks

-Milk

-Lots of Pink Floyd and System of a Down

*Singing* "All in all you're just a- nother brick in the wall!"

i sure would love to be 6'1 or even 6'3! I would actually have a shot at playing sports in college.. :( tradsies anyone?

You guys are 18 and 20? Don't act like beer is some foreign concept to you at those ages. haha

...But to save my butt legally, let's make it O'Douls.

Seriously though, you guys have talent far beyond your years. (I say that as a very old 23 year old :p) I wish I had half the talent of you guys for this kind of stuff, but for me, making things in real life has always been my strong suit. So, I respect anyone who can do this sort of work on a computer.

I'm stockpiling caffeine for when these models start being released. I want to get them done ASAP

^-^Foxy~>

foxymcfox said:
You guys are 18 and 20? Don't act like beer is some foreign concept to you at those ages. haha

...But to save my butt legally, let's make it O'Douls.

Seriously though, you guys have talent far beyond your years. (I say that as a very old 23 year old :p) I wish I had half the talent of you guys for this kind of stuff, but for me, making things in real life has always been my strong suit. So, I respect anyone who can do this sort of work on a computer.

I'm stockpiling caffeine for when these models start being released. I want to get them done ASAP

^-^Foxy~>

Actually i've never partaken.. Doesnt really appeal much to me. To each his own :)

but yeah dude, i cant wait to see people build this and the mark 6 armor. soooo sweet

*Gasp* Beer? Underage? I've never even tasted the stuff! *Dripping with sarcasm*

lol

Dubean, I respect your decision but you're totally freakin' missing out. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back