Pepakura Halo Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akjefa

I'm recently pepping a halo odst pistol and an Assault Rifle. But i don't know how i'm going to fiberglass it or if I even should

Adding 3 layers of resin. Hmm, I wonder how much details you will have left after that...

Suggestions, the most common ones you will encounter here on the forum.

1. Resin the outside, cut it in half, fiberglass the inside, then bondo/glue/resin together it and its hardened.

2. Use expanding foam (this technique is covered in a stickie in the subforums in weapons discussions)

3. Use Smooth-on, or other plastics to slush around on the inside

Kind Regards,

/Tahu

I have a couple in my build list right now. My thoughts were to resin it on the outside at least 2 coats, pour a batch of "thin" rondo on the inside, then fill the remainder with foam. When I say "thin" rondo, I mean runny, probably more along the consistency of a milkshake than pudding like usual. With the rondo and foam method, you should, ideally, be able to do everything through a somewhat small hole somewhere in an inconspicuous location. It should take less effort in the finishing process. Just my two cents, hope it helps at least a little bit.

-Matt

I have a couple in my build list right now. My thoughts were to resin it on the outside at least 2 coats, pour a batch of "thin" rondo on the inside, then fill the remainder with foam. When I say "thin" rondo, I mean runny, probably more along the consistency of a milkshake than pudding like usual. With the rondo and foam method, you should, ideally, be able to do everything through a somewhat small hole somewhere in an inconspicuous location. It should take less effort in the finishing process. Just my two cents, hope it helps at least a little bit.
-Matt

Yea I'm planning on making a weapon myself, not quite sure which one yet though, and that's what I was thinking would be a good way to do it. How do you guys think it would work if instead of the rondo just using resin on the inside? I only ask for sake of the weight of the gun, I'd like to be able to make it as light as possible then add weights where needed to make for a more realistic feel. I've never made a weapon though so I'm not sure if that would be necessary or even worth it.

Yea I'm planning on making a weapon myself, not quite sure which one yet though, and that's what I was thinking would be a good way to do it. How do you guys think it would work if instead of the rondo just using resin on the inside? I only ask for sake of the weight of the gun, I'd like to be able to make it as light as possible then add weights where needed to make for a more realistic feel. I've never made a weapon though so I'm not sure if that would be necessary or even worth it.

First off, you committed an offense by reviving old thread. This thread has been dead for more than a year, necro this thread is a no-no.

To answer your question, by applying just resin on the inside is not enough. Resin is not strong enough even for a prop. Rondo is the only way to go. If you want real ligh weight, you may want to build from scratch. You can try foam or cardboard. See my link below for complete builds of guns using 3 separate methods.

Ah, sorry about that... I didn't even realize.

Ok, well that helps, I suppose I'll just use rondo and work from there. It should work just fine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back