First Build - Mjolnir Mark Vi Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello members of 405th.com! I've been looking at this site for quite a while, and I've finally decided to build a suit of Mjolnir armor. To get warmed up, I'm going to attempt a helmet using ROBOGENESIS' normal detail files found here: (This page also has armor perms, Marine armor, ODST armor, etc.)​

I expect my progress to be rather slow. I am currently an undergrad with plans to go to Pharmacy school, so I'm a little tight on things like money and time. I think I can find out answers to my own questions (search bar is your friend!), otherwise, wish me luck!​

We all welcome you to the 405th! Good luck Baron on your build of Mjolnir Armor and if you need any questions we have a wide variety of very helpful people on this site. :D Can't wait to see some progress!

Welcome to the 405th "BaronVonReicher", Good choice on a suit to start off with. It is on of the most popular armor suits that I know of and cause so many people have built complete suits there is a wide varity of help from everyone. Please if you dont mind, post pics and updates on how the build is going and ask as many questions that you need. Good luck on the build.

Andrew

Ugh double post... Alas it's the only way to show my work...

I've decided to quit the Mark VI build in favor of a custom Reach Spartan. So without further ado, I present.....my JFO helmet! It's my very first completed pep, so let me know what you guys think!

100_0340.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0342.jpg

100_0343.jpg

I'd like to thank IroniumCostuming for the pep file!

wow nice pep work!i'm a JFO fan too and i think it's perfect! i think it will be an awesome helmet when finished! keep it up!

Thank you both for the kind words! The helmet's a little small on my head, but I'll go ahead and resin, fiberglass, and smooth it out just for the practice.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to resin and harden the helmet for a while. Need to focus on finishing up this semester and secure a summer job.

Meanwhile, I'd like to share my kukri. The blade is, naturally, based off of Emile's; the hilt is my own creation. I made it out of cardboard and duct tape. The weapon looks small in the photos of me holding it, so I included a shot of it compared to a 12-inch ruler.

100_0348.jpg

100_0348.jpg

100_0349.jpg

100_0348.jpg

I agree with the everyone, You've done a wonderful job for your first attempt. Yea you have a little warping but its hard not to with those large areas. Rondo will fix that in a jiff. Keep up the great work and i look forward to seeing more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back